This 5' girl is Legend:

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    she just went up the thermometer looking thing and finished so happy she pushed the buttons like a bunch of times...then her boyfriend climbed up to steal her thunder.

(OMG a woman would have never climbed up the rafters to congratulate her man, she'd just politely clap at the bottom.)

I really thought he was going to propose to her, and I was disappointed when he didn't.

:laugh:

I'm glad they aren't that corny

Haha I'm not a fan of public proposals, but after he DIDN'T propose, I was like hmm, why did he go up there?

(Full disclosure, I wondered. I was actively thinking, don't propose! don't propose!)

Because he couldn't wait to be excited with her! She just did something incredible that they'd been working toward together; it makes total sense that they'd share the moment!

I had a chance to get to know you QUITE well and I know these are NOT your true feelings and that you are just trying to be contrary to my opinion right now and it's sad. I never betrayed your trust and still haven't. I do however know that things were misreprestented to you and would wonder why you would choose to believe what was said to you about me rather than simply ask me about it? I know things were spun to their worst possible interpretation and offered up and I could not speak up for myself. That's very unfair. To have things said about you when you don't have a voice and then to have people who actually know you ACT on them without even talking to you about it.

That's not what I'm used to and I honestly thought you were more of a direct person than that.

edit because engaging in fights isn't what I do

it wasnt' meant to be a fight, just a question that I thought might feel like answering in PM's. something I was generally wondering about you for a bit, and I just feel weird PMing certain people in certain circumstances like ours so I'm sure you'll hear about what I mean by this and you can then decide.

I meant no harm but just really felt like that was out of character for you and just had to wonder.

Just to be clear this was heavily edited. I would guess most of the audience cutaways were scripted and people were coached. This show is 99% about promoting itself and 1% about fitness, as is true with all TV. So why did the bf climb up there you ask? Because producers know viewers want to see it. Watch any American Idol "little kid blows judges away" video. The music, the reactions, cameras catching people saying just the right things, it's all written. The only thing real in this video is what the athlete did. Also look at her time, it's like 2 minutes longer than the whole video. =o]
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    We just discovered this show about 2 weeks ago, everyone keeps telling me it has been around for quite a while! My 3 and 5 year old boys love it - but the best part was the look on their face when Kacy completed it and my 5 year old said, "Mom! Did you know that GIRLS can be Ninja Warriors too?"

You can't blame your 5 year old for his comment. Until this year, there weren't any.

Even though I knew she made it, there were at least three times where I still thought she was still going to fail. I mean, those tilty red things where she had to leap between them? That's crazy.

edit: homophonic typo
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    When I saw the video was 7 minutes, I didn't think my short attention span would make it to the end. Well, I made it, and like others got teary eyed at the end! Wow, just wow.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Tyler? why are you jumping in all over everyone elses problems lately? what's gotten into you?

Nope. Sorry. :flowerforyou:

okay sorry I'll delete it . 1PatientBear. sorry for the confusion.:flowerforyou:

again though same question? why are you jumping in ? i hardly know you>?

Just didn't want to see the thread derailed and sounded like a discussion better had privately. Plus, I know fivethreeone'so character and will always defend my friends.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I've liked what I've seen of that show.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    The video is apparently not available in my country. And the above comments are so intriguing. :sad:

It says it's not available in my country either!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Edit: Oh, I see someone shared another link! :drinker:
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    She is utterly awesome. And also the definition of thigh gap.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    What? :huh:
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    I just had to watch that again...omg...she was soo focused!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

:huh: Yes, she happens to have a thigh gap due to low body fat and relatively wide set hips. I wouldn't say she is the definition of it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member

:noway:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Wow! I loved that!! :heart: :heart: :love: :love:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    she just went up the thermometer looking thing and finished so happy she pushed the buttons like a bunch of times...then her boyfriend climbed up to steal her thunder.

(OMG a woman would have never climbed up the rafters to congratulate her man, she'd just politely clap at the bottom.)

Wow... When I saw it, I thought it was completely romantic and sweet that he was so proud and happy for her. I saw lots of love and pride for her. Nothing else.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    This girl is my new hero! What a bouncy little badass!
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Just a thought.... someone mentioned that if it was a man who had completed it, his GF wouldn't go bouncing up the scaffolding to him (Think it was MyChocolatediet, but I apologize if I'm incorrect).

Few thoughts on that... first, as has been mentioned, her completion was very literally world first. Maybe not every woman would run up if their man made a world first like that, but I imagine a lot of them would.

Second, I've always believe that in any GOOD relationship, the success of one partner is at least in part due to the other - Yes, she did all of the hard physical labor, but think about all of the posts we see daily on MFP about how "My BF is sabotaging me" or "I'm not getting any support from my GF".

Third, of the guys that have completed it in the past, how many have had GFs that have actually competed and are actually able to be inside the competition area and not just in the stands? I don't imagine very many of them have been - so even if a GF had wanted to, she probably couldn't have done so.

Fourth (as already stated), as cynical as it sounds, I'm sure the networks wanted it for ratings. A champion and a champion and a tear-jerker moment. :p

And finally, if that was me that had competed and completed that course, if my gf even looked like she MIGHT be tempted to charge up the scaffolding to me, I'd be egging her on and telling her to do it. I'd definitely be wanting to share that moment. Different strokes for different folks.

Oh, and unlike the comment someone made earlier.... just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean we can't get along Agree to disagree, and raise a toast to the f'ing awesome Mighty Kacy! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

(Oh - and WTF does thigh gap have to do with it? Way to try and diminish the accomplishment!)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    LOVE the show. Loved watching the girl dominate the second round obstacles. Huge fan. And put me on Team "Boyfriend GTFO of the Picture". Agreed on thunder stealing. And since he's such a big deal on ANW ***he's already had his time to shine ***. My wife and I were joking about her huge moment being ruined if the boyfriend fell from the tower while climbing without aid of the safety device that follows competitors up the wall. We also thought he was going to propose AND HATED THE IDEA.

Looking forward to more women crushing the course.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    The video is apparently not available in my country. And the above comments are so intriguing. :sad:

wasnt available in my country either. get the halo firefox plug in, you can specify which country you are in :D

anyone got a link to the semi final? that was insane.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    LOVE the show. Loved watching the girl dominate the second round obstacles. Huge fan. And put me on Team "Boyfriend GTFO of the Picture". Agreed on thunder stealing. And since he's such a big deal on ANW ***he's already had his time to shine ***. My wife and I were joking about her huge moment being ruined if the boyfriend fell from the tower while climbing without aid of the safety device that follows competitors up the wall. We also thought he was going to propose AND HATED THE IDEA.

Looking forward to more women crushing the course.

Haha or he proposes and she says "no"
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    I am so happy you shared this link. This gal is definitely legendary. :) wow!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    875.gif

tumblr_m8d9afGOtF1qirq2q.gif

Applause-crowd.gif