Does low carb make you lose faster?

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    there is no debate. insulin blunts fat loss

fats and protein are essential for survival. carbs are not. protein is more thermogenic in its metabolism and necessary for maintanence of muscle tissue. cutting protein will slow metabolic rate and lead to muscle loss which will also reduce metabolism. reducing carbs is the easiest way to keep metabolism high and lose weight

Bro, do you even science?
  • AnswerzPwease
    AnswerzPwease Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't know all the scientific stuff.

But I do know that when I did low carb the weight fell off me consistently.

Now it's barely moving.

And since I know someone's going to ask - I weigh everything with a food scale.
    Hold on a second. You asked the original question itt and then give that respose? What was the point of the thread?

Trying to figure out WHY.

It could simply be a cycle I'm in. I may have hit a pleateu with low carb as well.

Why are you getting offended? Because I lost more while eating less carbs?
    No. I'm not offended, that's a ridiculous statement. I don't care how you lost the weight. One thing I will never be is jealous of anyone on MFP.

Just seems like you like to ask questions just to ask questions. Luckily for me is that as of last week I don't see your posts on my news feed.

So your upset because I ask questions ... I see. Didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

Hold on a second. You asked the original question itt and then give that respose? What was the point of the thread?

It could simply be a cycle I'm in. I may have hit a pleateu with low carb as well.

Because people have presented you a plethora of information and it seems you've chosen to remain ignorant.

Anyway, weightloss is not a linear process. I've had weeks where I didn't lose a thing, followed by a week dropping 4lbs+. Impatience will be your downfall if you continue to leap from one plan to another.

WTF are you talking about? Where did I choose to remain ignorant ... and when was I EVER ignorant? I simply said that I lost weight very quickly eating a low amount of carbs and when I switched to just CICO it slowed down. I THEN said it could have been a coincidence and I'm just trying to figure out why it happened.

So seriously, WTF are you talking about?
    The very first line in all this quoting.

Also note, I said "it seems", so if I'm wrong, just correct me. No need to get rageful.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

No. I'm not offended, that's a ridiculous statement. I don't care how you lost the weight. One thing I will never be is jealous of anyone on MFP.

Just seems like you like to ask questions just to ask questions. Luckily for me is that as of last week I don't see your posts on my news feed.

So your upset because I ask questions ... I see. Didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities.

No, it frustrating to carefully answer your questions, and then have you start a whole new thread that makes it obvious that you didn't even read the answers.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jeo43078
    jeo43078 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love doing low carb.. if you do it right you are hardly ever hungry :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

:laugh:
    nosey boop
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

Haha. The level of insignificance you present in my life actually prevents you from getting me upset.

I do think you like to waste members time with questions that people have already given you the answers to before but you just don't get it.

On your keyboard, there is a down arrow. And on many computer mouses, there is a scroll bottom. All you have to do is simple press down firmly and repeatedly on the down button or scroll lightly on the mouse to move past my thread on the thread list and move on with your life.

Voila - waste of time diminished.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

No, it frustrating to carefully answer your questions, and then have you start a whole new thread that makes it obvious that you didn't even read the answers.

Go ahead and show where I asked this question and it was answered... I'll wait.

I started a thread once, where 15 pages into it it may have devolved into this discussion -- but I did not ask it.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    No .. it is stupid. Carbs are needed for energy for your body .. unless you plan on sitting and watching tv all day, have some carbs.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    straw man
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

I started a thread once, where 15 pages into it it may have devolved into this discussion -- but I did not ask it.

So just because YOU haven't specifically asked a question you cannot benefit from a discussion that involves the answer? More likely that you are can't be bothered to seek out your own answers for your questions or follow discussions that have occurred in your own posts. That is called intellectual laziness.

Well, at least you are finally being honest about it.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Well.... it is obvious that the OP doesn't really WANT answers but wants to simply argue what he believes is the "truth". Science doesn't matter. Only personal experience (with an n=1 which is a horrible way to do any sort of study). You link information that has the answer and he ignores it. You flat out tell him the answer and he fights it. Whatever. Hopefully at least someone on these boards will learn something from the hard work put in by other members to try to help those that don't wish it.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

So just because YOU haven't specifically asked a question you cannot benefit from a discussion that involves the answer? More likely that you are can't be bothered to seek out answers for your questions or follow discussions that have occurred in your own posts. That is called intellectual laziness.

I was never not honest. I said I never asked that question. Which YOU said I did. Who was being dishonest again?

Secondly, do you read all 25 pages of a thread? Maybe you do. I don't. It wasn't until someone in this very thread said that it was talked about in another thread I started that I went back and had to dig into the thread to find it. That thread ended up being split into 2 threads because it got so long. If YOU read that entire thing, kudos to you. I didn't.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options
    Well.... it is obvious that the OP doesn't really WANT answers but wants to simply argue what he believes is the "truth". Science doesn't matter. Only personal experience (with an n=1 which is a horrible way to do any sort of study). You link information that has the answer and he ignores it. You flat out tell him the answer and he fights it. Whatever. Hopefully at least someone on these boards will learn something from the hard work put in by other members to try to help those that don't wish it.

Show where I fought the answer....
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

So just because YOU haven't specifically asked a question you cannot benefit from a discussion that involves the answer? More likely that you are can't be bothered to seek out answers for your questions or follow discussions that have occurred in your own posts. That is called intellectual laziness.

I was never not honest. I said I never asked that question. Which YOU said I did. Who was being dishonest again?

Secondly, do you read all 25 pages of a thread? Maybe you do. I don't. It wasn't until someone in this very thread said that it was talked about in another thread I started that I went back and had to dig into the thread to find it. That thread ended up being split into 2 threads because it got so long. If YOU read that entire thing, kudos to you. I didn't.

Posting threads where you can't be bothered to read the answers, is called being a troll. If you aren't going to READ the replies, post that disclaimer at the beginning and see where that gets you. LOL
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

Posting threads where you can't be bothered to read the answers, is called being a troll. If you aren't going to READ the replies, post that disclaimer at the beginning and see where that gets you. LOL

Most threads are a couple pages long.

For you to expect someone to read every post of a thread that goes over 20 pages or else call them a troll is ridiculous.

But whatever - I've never been much for the made up internet nicknames anyway.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

Pretty much. He wants people to spoon feed him the answers like the day he asked me what he should eat because he can't cook. Laziness at its finest.

Look who claimed that his time was wasted and YET came back to willfully waste more of his time.

Your body looks damn good though - so I respect ya.