Does low carb make you lose faster?

Options

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I believe this question was already thoroughly answered in your previous post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1347263-do-you-believe-in-strictly-calories-in-calories-out

I don't recall ever asking this question in that thread. That thread did get very, very long and someone else may have brought it up.

I never said you asked this specific question, I said the question was thoroughly answered in your post.

You did ask about insulin response as one of your questions, there was a very long conversation about the body's response to carbs and the role of carbs in weight loss. A lot of people took the time to respond to your topic thoroughly and include studies, you might want to take the time to read their responses.

I gotta be honest, all I hear is "Blah, blah, blah".

If you don't like that I asked a question that relates in some way to something I asked in the past, then I really don't care. I find it ridiculous that people take the time to moderate the forum. There are moderators for this reason. Feel free to ignore my threads. Or feel free to take the time out of your day to come in them, and reply with this nonse. Either way, I don't care.

There are plenty of people who have given some awesome answers in this thread that have helped a ton and I thank them greatly.

z
    z
    z
  • AnswerzPwease
    AnswerzPwease Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I believe this question was already thoroughly answered in your previous post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1347263-do-you-believe-in-strictly-calories-in-calories-out

I don't recall ever asking this question in that thread. That thread did get very, very long and someone else may have brought it up.

I never said you asked this specific question, I said the question was thoroughly answered in your post.

You did ask about insulin response as one of your questions, there was a very long conversation about the body's response to carbs and the role of carbs in weight loss. A lot of people took the time to respond to your topic thoroughly and include studies, you might want to take the time to read their responses.

If you don't like that I asked a question that relates in some way to something I asked in the past, then I really don't care. I find it ridiculous that people take the time to moderate the forum. There are moderators for this reason. Feel free to ignore my threads. Or feel free to take the time out of your day to come in them, and reply with this nonse. Either way, I don't care.

There are plenty of people who have given some awesome answers in this thread that have helped a ton and I thank them greatly.

z
    z
    z
  • hookilau
    Options
    :laugh: :wink:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I don't know all the scientific stuff.

But I do know that when I did low carb the weight fell off me consistently.

Now it's barely moving.

And since I know someone's going to ask - I weigh everything with a food scale.
    Hold on a second. You asked the original question itt and then give that respose? What was the point of the thread?

Trying to figure out WHY.

It could simply be a cycle I'm in. I may have hit a pleateu with low carb as well.

Why are you getting offended? Because I lost more while eating less carbs?
    No. I'm not offended, that's a ridiculous statement. I don't care how you lost the weight. One thing I will never be is jealous of anyone on MFP.

Just seems like you like to ask questions just to ask questions. Luckily for me is that as of last week I don't see your posts on my news feed.

So your upset because I ask questions ... I see. Didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities.

No, it frustrating to carefully answer your questions, and then have you start a whole new thread that makes it obvious that you didn't even read the answers.

Go ahead and show where I asked this question and it was answered... I'll wait.

I started a thread once, where 15 pages into it it may have devolved into this discussion -- but I did not ask it.

So just because YOU haven't specifically asked a question you cannot benefit from a discussion that involves the answer? More likely that you are can't be bothered to seek out answers for your questions or follow discussions that have occurred in your own posts. That is called intellectual laziness.

Well, at least you are finally being honest about it.

I was never not honest. I said I never asked that question. Which YOU said I did. Who was being dishonest again?

Secondly, do you read all 25 pages of a thread? Maybe you do. I don't. It wasn't until someone in this very thread said that it was talked about in another thread I started that I went back and had to dig into the thread to find it. That thread ended up being split into 2 threads because it got so long. If YOU read that entire thing, kudos to you. I didn't.

Um, what? Let's replay how that exchange actually went, shall we?

z
    z
    z

So after you attacked me for providing a link to the information you sought, you then went back and read the link, and found that the information was exactly where I said it was? The same information you referred to above as nonsense?

Blah, blah, blah indeed.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

Hold on a second. You asked the original question itt and then give that respose? What was the point of the thread?

It could simply be a cycle I'm in. I may have hit a pleateu with low carb as well.

No. I'm not offended, that's a ridiculous statement. I don't care how you lost the weight. One thing I will never be is jealous of anyone on MFP.

Just seems like you like to ask questions just to ask questions. Luckily for me is that as of last week I don't see your posts on my news feed.

So your upset because I ask questions ... I see. Didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities.

No, it frustrating to carefully answer your questions, and then have you start a whole new thread that makes it obvious that you didn't even read the answers.

I started a thread once, where 15 pages into it it may have devolved into this discussion -- but I did not ask it.

So just because YOU haven't specifically asked a question you cannot benefit from a discussion that involves the answer? More likely that you are can't be bothered to seek out answers for your questions or follow discussions that have occurred in your own posts. That is called intellectual laziness.

I was never not honest. I said I never asked that question. Which YOU said I did. Who was being dishonest again?

Secondly, do you read all 25 pages of a thread? Maybe you do. I don't. It wasn't until someone in this very thread said that it was talked about in another thread I started that I went back and had to dig into the thread to find it. That thread ended up being split into 2 threads because it got so long. If YOU read that entire thing, kudos to you. I didn't.

z
    z
    z

So after you attacked me for providing a link to the information you sought, you then went back and read the link, and found that the information was exactly where I said it was? The same information you referred to above as nonsense?

Blah, blah, blah indeed.

I'm not sure what youre trying to say here.

I attacked the notion of members acting as moderators.

I never asked that question. But I did find that other people were talking about it. Still not sure what that has to do with anything, but OK.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well.... it is obvious that the OP doesn't really WANT answers but wants to simply argue what he believes is the "truth". Science doesn't matter. Only personal experience (with an n=1 which is a horrible way to do any sort of study). You link information that has the answer and he ignores it. You flat out tell him the answer and he fights it. Whatever. Hopefully at least someone on these boards will learn something from the hard work put in by other members to try to help those that don't wish it.

It's a repetitive thing. Someone posted this from one of his other threads and it really seems like that is how all these threads are.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=askhole
  • swilkinson0705
    swilkinson0705 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm so frustrated with my weight loss right now and my sister who is very thin said the only thing she can advise is to really cut down on the carbs. It seems to work every time for people she has worked with. She is a nurse. So, I guess that is the next thing I'm going to have to do.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options
    Well.... it is obvious that the OP doesn't really WANT answers but wants to simply argue what he believes is the "truth". Science doesn't matter. Only personal experience (with an n=1 which is a horrible way to do any sort of study). You link information that has the answer and he ignores it. You flat out tell him the answer and he fights it. Whatever. Hopefully at least someone on these boards will learn something from the hard work put in by other members to try to help those that don't wish it.

It's a repetitive thing. Someone posted this from one of his other threads and it really seems like that is how all these threads are.

Feel free to link where I said anything anyone wrote was wrong...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Feel free to link where I said anything anyone wrote was wrong...

I'm guessing you didn't read the entire link of the meaning of the term. :laugh:

(Especially like #3, #4, and #7)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Now it's barely moving.

z
    z
    z

Blah, blah, blah indeed.

I'm not sure what youre trying to say here.

I attacked the notion of members acting as moderators.

I never asked that question. But I did find that other people were talking about it. Still not sure what that has to do with anything, but OK.

What does members acting as moderators have to do with what I posted?
  • hookilau
    Options
    ME_463_StrawMan-640x199.png
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I lose weight easier when I restrict my carbs to about 100-120g a day.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I lose weight easier when I restrict my carbs to about 100-120g a day.

Carbs have cals per gram, protein has 4 cals per gram fat has 9

Calories in calories out. Listen to your body. Use portion control and stop eating when you are full. The first bite tastes as good as the last
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not sure if this has been posted or not already, but lyle mcdonald has a pretty good article comparing diets

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/comparing-the-diets-part-1.html
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I absolutely read every reply to any threads I start. It's only polite.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I absolutely read every reply to any threads I start. It's only polite.

^this

...but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
  • Quicksilver5495
    Options
    I was just reading your comment and wanted to throw an idea at you about your workouts. Have you considered breaking it up into 3 different workouts? This would give your muscles enough time to repair themselves and I think you would see better gains, plus it breaks up nice with doing each workout twice a week and having one day. Just a thought.