Anyone successful using MyFitnessPal?

Options
13»

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    511 straight days now and gone from 112Kgs to 75.3Kg , not using MFPs guidance on macros and calories tho anbd definately not what it works out for how many calories you'd burn doing whatever exercise, i worked out my own Expendature and went with those figures however using the closest things in can find in the database for foods, and dtata supplied by FitBit it certainly is a good tool to have it all combined in one place.

You have to work out what works for you, not what a site tells you, it's just a guide not gospel

Get a heart rate monitor, a pedometer (fitbit is good for overall calorie estimation), get some digital scales both bathroom and kitchen and be analytical if you want to ensure success.

I still weigh almost everything i eat and log everything i drink but i am a bit OCD about things. and weigh in first thing in the morning before you do anything else other then the toilet. Get off your butt and exercise, and use the calories burned from exercise and a cut in caloric intake to get your deficit each day, not one or the other a combination of. From personal experience eating low will not always lose steady weight in the long run, nor will training like a madman you have to a split it.

Lastly expect plateaus and weight gain. and weight isn't everything, clothing fit, fitness level and attitude is far more important.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have been here for this long if I wasn't successful. And I'm not even doing quite as well as those who have lost well over 100 pounds.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    No, no one ever has succeeded on here and that's why myfitnesspal is not popular at all.

I'm British my friend. I can tell you that MFP has worldwide popularity.
    I know someone from Holland, and someone from Germany who uses this too.

And I'm American, so with you, and your Dutch and German friends, there are 4 of us. Yep. That sounds about right. There are 4 people on here, OP. Wait! Did I miss anyone?

Canada here.

Australia here, if we keep going we might have a member in every country

I live in the US but am originally from Jamaica. Does that count? If so, Jamaica in the house mon! LOL!

I think it SHOULD count and Texas SHOULD be a country and my visit to Mexico when i was a teen should count, too. So add us all up in here.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    98 lbs of success here.

When I am not losing I know exactly why, because I am not logging accurately, I am eating to much and not exercising enough.

I log my food, pay some attention to macros and it works as well as I choose to work the app.

Good luck
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    MFP works if you do the work. :smile:
  • paddygirl43
    Options
    Did you measure yourself when you started? If so, measure yourself again and compare it to your beginning measurements. You may be losing inches. Sometimes the inches comes off first. Keep going, and good luck!!! It took me a little while to get the hang of things for the weight to start coming off, before you know it, you will notice that your clothes are getting looser. That is how I figured out that it was working.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

tumblr_lm74ypXC1D1qii6tmo1_400.gif
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options

short sharp and to the point.

and well done to everyone who has dared to change and has done it, and those that are still on the path, just hang in there
  • afireflyspins
    afireflyspins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this program before, but I lost 10 lbs with the fitbit/loseit, and they stayed off, despite being blind sided by some sudden life changes. Now I have a Garmin viofit, so I'm on here.

I myself had plateaued for many weeks, and found it very frustrating because I was doing the work. Turned out that I needed to actually slow my diet down to loosing a .5 lb a week, and make sure not to eat back my exercise calories. It was actually a bit weird upping the food intake, but eventually, I started loosing again. Not sure about the science of it all, but it worked,

Right now I'm back on the lb a week strategy, and am unsure of how it will work, but I'm giving it a shot.

Good luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You get what you put into it.

In short, yes, I was very successful and lost 58 lbs. I put alot into it and got alot out of it.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    This is THE best, most informative platform for weight loss. This site has every tool you need to learn what weight loss is.
    There are probably thousands of folks that have used this information and the help of other folks to achieve their weight loss goals.
    If there is a topic or a question you have, you can find an answer. If you need support from people just like you, you can find them.

This process is not simple, nor is it easy. If you think it will be then you are setting yourself up to fail.
    Don't underestimate or minimize the process that all of these people have been through. They have been successful.
  • Chibukalu908
    Chibukalu908 Posts: 212
    Options
    yes be patient
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I have been using my fitness pal for 24 days straight now and not lost any weight. This is the fourth time I have used this program because I can't afford to use ww or other paid weight loss programs.

Has anyone been successful? Do you use this program as a journal for simply tracking your food? Or do you totally rely on watching how much protein, fat, sugars etc you take?

Thoughts?

Have a great day

It's a powerful tool, but it's up to you to make it work. You have to learn and adjust what you're doing over time. As you're only trying to lose a small amount of weight, it's not going to be a fast process, and your margin of error is smaller. You'll need to be more precise with logging and be patient.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yep, workin great for me! I've lost a lot of weight....and get compliments all day....mind u I also work out 3-5 days a wekk as well.....very heavy on the cardio.....(45 mins or so on the elliptical, followed by a good hour + of weights......)

Ive also invested in a good digital scale and practically weigh EVERYTHING I eat......fruits, veggies, peanut butter, mayo, etc....it all gets weighed or measured ;) Hell, even my morning coffee + creamer (keep it to a tbsp......basically 45 cals, just to cool down the hot beverage a bit to slurp it down)