A food I can eat unlimited amounts of???

Options
124»

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry all the time it's probably not the amount of food that's the problem... it's the type. Try eating more protein and fiber, especially early in the day, and eat less refined carbs.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Lettuce and celery is mostly water.

I also read that celery is a negative food meaning it burns more calories digesting it than it actually has. So I agree celery. And when I crave chips for some reason cucumbers soaked in vinegar curb it. It is delicious. Canned spinach is not too bad either. Also I heard spicy stuff increases metabolism.
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    I've heard that your body actually uses more calories to digest celery than there are actual calories in celery... If that helps lol
  • Tieshask8
    Tieshask8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kale chips

peach green tea smoothie with ice, 1/2 kiwi, and a few strawberries. Tasty decadent, and feels like you are having a shake. Can add chia seeds, greek yogurt if you want to add fiber or protein

air popped popcorn

mushroms, radishes, kale, spinach, cukes, zucchini....some of these are good on the grill (mushrooms, zuchini) and while they are cooking you can drink a big glass of water

I took in 1200 calories for 7 months on my journey to losing 80lbs. The key for me was protein and fiber rich foods in small meals throughout the day to keep from feeling hungry (staying busy did not hurt either). When I plateaued, I actually upped my calories to 1400 calories which jump started my weight loss again. I ate a lot of chia seeds, lean protein, quinoa, legumes, and carbs were frutis and whole grains. It worked like a champ. Always have a huge glass of water before a meal (even a mini meal). Helps stay hydrated and makes you feel fuller faster.

Good Luck
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is your problem.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....
    I'm hungry all the time! I snack on fruits, usually melon or apple but I am pretty sick of that, wondered if anyone knows of something I can snack on quite a bit and won't ruin my diet, I'm eating 1200 calories a day and doing ok with it.
    Any ideas would be great, Ta.

If you're hungry all the time then you're not doing okay with 1200 calories. It's likely too little. Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

And then instead of looking for super low calorie foods, try eating something with protein and fat, which tend to be higher calorie but will also keep you full longer. I can eat cucumber or pickles all day long and never feel sated.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....
    I'm hungry all the time! I snack on fruits, usually melon or apple but I am pretty sick of that, wondered if anyone knows of something I can snack on quite a bit and won't ruin my diet, I'm eating 1200 calories a day and doing ok with it.

Hungry all the time=Doing ok?

Well. That's a new one.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,084 Member
    Options
    2 year old thread, people - and OP has long ago de activated. :wink:
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....

Zucchini
    White Mushrooms
    Egg plant

You could eat 200 grams and only come up with 16 calories
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    Souls.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Salad and Veg in general you can eat an abundance of and not come close to Calories or Macro's you need for the day

Mushrooms, Capsicum are my personal favs.
    Tomato's are 90% water
    Lettuces have negligable calories
    Celery
    plus whatever else has already been listed.

ones to not go nuts on tho is
    Beetroot - high in salt naturally
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    USER DEACTIVATED.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum. Lol.

Extra sugarfree gum has 5 calories per stick....
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Celery...

Let me ask you a question. Are you hungry or bored? I would hazard to guess your snacking is mainly due to boredom. So a better answer would be, if you feel like snacking, get busy.

Just my measly 2 cents...