SWa Walking group - January Walk

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    I did manage to get in the 3 mile Walk off your waistline workout. It's one that uses the walk belt and I really like it better now that I"ve shortened up the bands on my walk belt.

And I see that everyone has passed me on the Walk across America! Now I'm gonna have to catch up with you guys. :happy:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    I didn't walk today, but I danced a little. I will get it in tomorrow. Have a good night!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    I ended up not getting ANY walking in yesterday! I am so disappointed in myself but I am going to do better today. Going to do some walking during the Seahawks game.

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: GO SEAHAWKS!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Hello Fellow WALKERS :bigsmile:

I just finished a 5.14 mile walk . The weather is perfect! 76 degrees & sunny. Now I'm going to head outside & do some gardening, My plants have shriveled from the cold.

Everyone Have a Great Day & Keep walking :wink:
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    I proud of myself today. I weigh this morning and didn't lose a pound. Any other time I would throw in the towel and not exercise and just give up. But I did my two miles and although I'm feeling the fibro now I got my exercise in. WTG ME!!!! ( I don't want to sound egotistical but I have to be my own cheerleader because I never was)
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Way to go Viggie! It's a great feeling when you realize that all you have to do is just keep going no matter what the scale shows. That's how you beat those evil scales because they eventually give up and you win! Yay!

Teresa, I'm looking forward to a little sunshine too! Send a little up this way! :happy: Great walk for you today!

I tried something new today and I'm probably going to regret it tomorrow and the next day and the next day . . .

I did a walking workout from the exercise TV by Chris Freytag. I'm not so sure I would classify it as walking. It really reminded me of the slim in 6 (as far as the intensity) but not nearly as boring. There was a lot of toning exercises using weights, crunches & stuff. I'll probably try it again but not until my muscles recover. I had already given my weights a good workout and I wasn't expecting all the things included in this one. If your looking for something to take it to the next level then you might check it out. Just a warning though, it's a lot rougher on the knees than the WATP's.

Everybody hang in there, we're halfway thru the month and a lot of you are way ahead. Keep up the good work.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,425 Member
    Did a slow 2 miles just to loosen the knee up and then did Hips and Thighs 2 miles.

I don't know what those numbers were in the last post. That's what I get for posting as I run out the door.
    Time for my night rounds.

28/54
  • pmjsmom
    Half way through the month and I have a LONG way to go! My ticker hasn't been updated yet but I am not halfway to my goal at this time. (I'm at 32 miles so far.)
    I really hope to catch up this week. Last week was the pits, both or exercise and for healthy eating--though I did manage to drink lots of water!
    I let stress get to me and spent the week worrying about something that turned out to be not that big a deal! I do that a lot and need to find a doctor so I can get some therapy or something to help.
    Anyway, today has been good food-wise but I am going to try to get some more walking in later.

Sandy--Chris Freytag has some really challenging workouts but I do find that I can do them (I do modify some things she does, though!)
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    ROUND 1
    exercise.png

FINISHED 1ST ROUND OF 50 MILES ON JANUARY 16, 2011

2ND ROUND

exercise.png
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    I love Leslie Sansone! I am joining late so my goal is to walk 20 miles to the end of the month.:smile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Morning everyone,

Just added 2 miles to my ticker. So off to a start. Took a gentle zumba class Saturday so I was moving but don't know how to log that time in miles. Movement is the thing!

Cindy
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Well, checking back in although I took a huge hiatus. Have to admit my motivation has been zip, so I took a little time to just get my mind right. Started (again) today with 3 mile bootcamp. Once I'm back in the office I'll figure out my ticker and maybe revamp my walking goal a bit given my AWOL status last week :embarassed: .
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Well got 2 miles in this morning.

Cindy yes you are right just keep moving!

Welcome Teachawa

pmjsmom hang it there i am also struggling this month. Just no motivation I get just small spurts of energy and then nothing. Just feeling BLAAAAAAA
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Is it too late to join? I'm over halfway through my goal of 40 miles this month. Next month I'm increasing my goal. My muscles are loving this. It's no longer a chore to get two miles covered. I'm going for three miles each walk now, and aiming for four as time permits. I can't believe I'm actually doing this....AND it's in the middle of the winter! (I should add i'm in Florida. Grin.)
  • pmjsmom
    Great Job, kizzy-muss and Cindy! I really need to get back on track, myself.

Welcome, teachawa and candycana. Anyone is welcome to join at any time!

Tracy--even though I came here and posted I still didn't get much walking done last week. I am getting back to it, also!

That's it EXACTLY, Leslie--just feeling BLAAAA and letting old habits move back in.

I had to redo my ticker as I had to reinstall IE8 for an online class I am starting. I am FINALLY going to learn Microsoft Office! LOL! I have NO idea how to use excel or outlook! Isn't that sad! LOL!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hello Good Afternoon!!!

Candycana ---- WELCOME!!!!!!!! I'm also from Florida ;-))

TRACY
    GLAD YOU made it back, Thought you where gone for good ;-). Stay with US! It's Nice to have you back!!!

Today we had light rain & clouds all day, So I worked out with Leslie Sansone 3 miles & then walked the treadmill 1.8 miles.

Such a Blah Day today, I'm So glad I finished working out .

GREAT WALKING EVERYBODY! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend. It seemed like my whole weekend revolved around football! I don't even watch it!

I got in 3 miles today. Plus a ton of snow shoveling. Im already feeling my neck tightening up. Not a good sign. Looks like I need to do my traction 2 times today!

Bad case of the munchies this afternoon too! I hate that!

Have a good night everyone.
  • Hi, hope everyone had a great weekend....
    Welcome to the new walkers.:happy:
    Mine was crazy busy,,, so I didn't log in. Had to work all day Saturday, but managed to take an hour out of the day and got outside and walked.... still lots of snow here, but it was a beautiful day. and I got in 3 miles. Yesterday was just running around. so I used it as a rest day.......and this morning I got to stay home because of the holiday. but it's a blaaaaa day here too. (Cold and Cloudy) so I pulled out my favorite SL DVD and did 3 miles. .. maybe after dinner I'll workout with the wii... haven't done that in a couple of weeks.
    Pmjsmom, I got the Biggest Looser power walk last week,, and it is quite a work out..... something i'm gona have to work up to, to get through it all.... It's for those days I really want to be challanged..:bigsmile:
    HANG in there everyone and keep moving.:drinker:
  • pmjsmom
    Pmjsmom, I got the Biggest Loser power walk last week,, and it is quite a work out..... something i'm gona have to work up to, to get through it all....

OMG! You are NOT kidding! I made it through almost 3 miles but that was it! Good thing I had already done my SP Bootcamp workouts for today!

I can't log into the Walk Across America site. I'm getting a whole page of 'stuff' that I don't understand. The one page I could get to doesn't seem to have any links for contacting them. Oh well. I am now up to 35 miles for the month. I'll try to update everything later.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,425 Member
    3 miles. Will have to get the Biggest Loser sounds like a challenge!
This discussion has been closed.