SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options
The SWaT Walking Group January walk is starting! Yay! Congratulations to everyone that walked with us last month and I hope your looking forward to the new month and the new year ahead. :happy:

New members are always welcome. :flowerforyou: This is a great group if your looking for friends and support so if you would like to join us just jump (or walk) right in. There is nothing special required to join, just post your goals for the month and your set. You decide your own goal as we are all at different levels and all have our own schedules. Just check in whenever you would like, daily, weekly, whatever works for you. This walk will end on January 31st, but we’ll keep going as long as everyone wants.

The SwaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds founder) and we just liked the name so it stuck. For those of you that aren't familiar with Walk Away the Pounds they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. They are easy to do for someone who is uncoordinated (like me) or older (also like me) or that just can't handle the more strenuous workouts for whatever reason. They can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are easy to find at Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy, online and lots of other sources. They can be rented from Netflix and downloaded from the Internet. One of our members has a list of her workouts that are available online too.

The Walk Away the Pounds is "my" walking choice. The group is open to anyone that wants to do any form of walking. Inside, outside, it's up to you and if you want to mix in some other stuff that’s okay too. I really want to start using the new weights I got for Christmas.

I’ll be posting my January goals a little later (probably tomorrow).

Since this is the time for making resolutions feel free to post your New Year’s resolutions if you would like. A member on another thread or blog (I'm sorry I can't remember who) reffered to them as her New Year’s decisions and I like the way that sounds.

Let's get walking! :bigsmile:

Oh no! It won't let me fix the typo in the Topic Heading! :sad:

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Getting this into my topics right now! See everyone next year!:happy:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!! =)
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERY ONE! :drinker:

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT STARTING ANOTHER MONTH OF WALKING AWAY THE POUNDS :bigsmile: .

I WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

YOU GOT TO MOVE YOUR BODY FOR A NEW BODY ( I lOVE WHEN LESLIE SANSONE SAY'S THAT)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    sw: 177
    gw: 170 by january 31, 2011

goal of miles to walk: 50

IN ADDITION TO WALKING HERE'S THE GOALS FOR THIS WEEK.

Exercise goals this week:
    Sat-walk walk walk
    Sun-WALK & GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX
    Mon- WALK & JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)
    Tues-WALK & GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX
    Wed- WALK & JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    Thurs- WALK & JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT VIDEO
    Fri- WALK & GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:
    -NO FRENCH FRIES
    -NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP
    -Log all food every day.
    -Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
    -Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday
    -BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA
  • loonycoop
    Options
    hello would like to walk with you guys, got some of Leslie's Dvd's for christmas
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone!!

Im ready to move on to the next challenge. I fell short last month by 1 1/2 miles...ugg. Oh well:tongue:

My goal this month is alittle different. 63 miles. I am going to work my way across states starting with Rhode Island (27 miles) hopefully by Jan. 15th. Then finish the month with Delaware (36 miles)

Im also hoping to start with alittle more strenght training now that the weight is where I want it to be. Ive noticed I need to firm up alittle more. My biggest goal is to get a better bone density scan towards the end of the year. Strenght training is the hardest for me to keep up with so I will probably get the exercise tracker that gives you the points to redeem gift cards. Hopefully that will keep me motivated enough.

I was tempted to rename my ticker as "SWa Walking group" Sandy...lol. But I didn't. :laugh:

Good luck everyone and LETS GET WALKING!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone!

Glad to see everyone ready to walk this year and welcome to the new members.

Kizzy, what is the George Foreman Walk N box? I haven't heard of that one.

Looney, We have another Luney that walks with us too. We can always use another Looney. :smile:

I still haven't gotten around to setting my goals but I'll do it sometime today.

Marie, when I first started walking I was tracking my miles to walk across Georgia. It took me about 3 1/2 months to get in the 312 miles. I'm not sure where I'm at now, probably somewhere in Alabama! :laugh:

It's so annoying about the title, you can fix everything but the heading! We'll just have to think of something new for it to stand for . . . skinny women's alliance? :bigsmile:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon & Happy New years,
    Im exhausted I just took down the christmas tree & cleaned - vacuumed, mopped & ETC. Then I worked out 3 miles with my new DVD WALK POWER by biggest loser. That dvd did me in for the day. Time for a Nap :yawn:
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just not feeling well today:sick: . I plan on walking 31 miles this month. I want to reach my goal, so I'm going to be reasonable.
  • sandara
    Options
    Okay I've decided that I'm going to leave my goal at 50 miles for January. I'm afraid if I lower them I'll just use it as an excuse not to exercise. I'd rather come up a little short than not give the extra effort.

I've really been thinking a lot about the last year. When I started back in March I never really believed I would still be doing this for ten months. I just couldn't see that far ahead. I honestly don't think I would have made it that long without MFP and all my friends giving me the support that I need. So thanks to:flowerforyou: you all for being there.

I think my "decisions" for the new year will be . . .

Lose weight down to 140 lbs and then decide if I need to go further.

Contine with my regular walking routine but add some weight lifting also. My husband got me a JR weight set for Christmas that is perfect for the toning up I want to do. I'd been looking at the men's sets but they seemed so big. The JR set is just my size.

I'm also thinking that I really need to quit smoking at some point during the year. I'm scared to quit because I don't want it to affect my weight loss. Not the right way to look at it I know, but it is a factor for me.

I posted a few new pictures on my profile if anyone is interested. Not really good ones but I can see a difference.

I'm glad to have you all along for the walk this month.

Viggie, hope you feel better soon.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I upped my distance for this month to 100 miles, since I was able to go over that last month.
    Hoping to meet it, since I'll be going back to school (eek) for the first time in 10 years. It's only part time, but the prereqs
    will keep me busy for the next 6 months...then the real thing!:sick: :laugh:

Started off today with 3 miles!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow what a motivated group!! Glad to be here.

My goal for January will stay 80 miles I fell short by 1/4 mile last month. Phhhhttttt.:frown: I did go over 800 miles for the year.

I am lifting and doing intervals as well as walking. Yesterday I did a fast combo 3 minutes power walks fast tempo and 3 minutes weights and power moves. Pushed my heart rate right over the top, but felt great.

I recommit myself to my healthy and happy lifestyle. I feel great, now if I could just loose some weight, I would be thrilled!!!

I need to pay more attention to my water, I have become quite lax in that area so I will drink no less than 8 cups or water a day.
    I would also like to up my weight training. Just finished reading Lift Like a Man Look Like a Woman.

Onward and upward.
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am joining January walking again. I have to think of a good goal.

Missed you guys last month. Have a good week.
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Haven't been able to exercise for real the two last weeks of december, since I became really ill with an annoying virus the week before Christmas. This made me just miss out on my goal for 2010, to be at 165 lbs. I'm almost there, hope to be there in one week actually, because I am almost well again (just a runny nose) so I should be able to really do some great workouts this week. I love the Walk away the Pounds DVD's and hope to be able to complete 100 miles during January. Will start tomorrow :)
  • sandara
    Options
    Glad your back with us Panda! I see Marie started something with the new pictures with our spouses! :happy: I like them. Kathy even has a new picture of her latest family member, such a cutie.

I haven't walked any today (yet) and I'm not sure it's going to happen. Sunday's are my day off and I did to 10 miles in the last 2 days.

Eagle, I'm sure you'll do great in school. It should be a piece of cake after what you've accomplished this past year.

Alice, I'm with you on the water drinking. I've really been slacking and drinking way too much coffee.

Welcome to the group Undercover :flowerforyou: \\
  • sandara
    Options
    Scuba, Sorry about your little mishap. I hope you recover quickly. Just keep hanging with us until your able to walk again. Then just adjust your goal as you need to. We'll keep you revved up until you get the all clear to walk again. :happy:
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Well im already rethinking this whole walking across the states thing. I thought I could use the Map My Walk Google thingy and make it fun. Takes way too much time to figure stuff out. I think I will just do what I've been doing...lol.

I got in 2 miles yesterday. I had to!!! My husband wanted his Dairy Queen cake. I couldn't just sit there and watch him eat it!

Then today I did really good and did my 2 mile DVD and jumped on the treadmill for another 1 1/2 miles. Woo Hoo! ((But im hearing that darn cake whispering my name right now))

You know what Im doing really bad at right now is getting all my fruits and veg. in! Not much variety out there in the winter. Plus prices are high.

Well have a good night everyone. See ya tomorrow!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Horribly board at work today, so I walked!
    6 miles at work (3+3) and 1 with Plummy when I got home~

I'm tired and going to bed early...nite nite:yawn:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    ok I have set it for 50 again, With tax season here will be pretty busy till April,