SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options

Replies

• viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I walked 2 miles today and drank 5 glasses of water all before nine o'clock. So proud of me:happy: I have to make up for the 2 days I missed. I think I can do 2 miles everyday. You never know until you try:bigsmile:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

I walked to the beach yesterday on my Day Off, And got a few feet blisters in. So I'm not sure Im getting my exercise In today. ( big Grin) I just stopped writing because a friend asked me to watch dr.Oz. And just heard I should exercise at least 30 minutes every day. So I guess after I finish watching his program, I'll get my 30 minutes in some how :bigsmile:
    Darn It! UGH!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I was off yesterday, waaaay off, just did not feel up to par. I am back today and ready to roll!

Tax season is upon me so there will be many hours spent at the desk. I must concentrate on working out for both physical and mental health.

Today will be all file cleaning to get ready for the onslaught.
    I am still enjoying my Christmas tree, don't think I will take it down yet.
    I am just a big kid at heart.

Onward and upward, Alice
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Got my first 5 miles in. Really didn't feel like doing more than 3, but well, when there is just 2 miles left of the thing, and you know you'll feel so much better because you did the whole thing, that is most often a good enough reason to keep me on my feet. I really love the 5 mile walk, like the way Leslie is, in fact I look forward to the 5th mile when she is alone. I also love (I think it is in mile 2) when she says something like "even if you don't need to lose weight, and God loves you if you not" - I just smile everytime I hear that. :happy:

OK, off to the shower :) Have a nice walk today all!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Getting back on track now that the holi-daze is over and my work schedule is returning to normal. I'm keeping my goal at 80 miles. I fell short last month, but have hit 80 before and can do it again. I've got 7 in so almost 10% there :happy:

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a :drinker: to all of us reaching our goals in 2011, whatever they may be!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    I'm Glad the Holidays are over, I faired pretty good with controling the hunger except for one day & I got my exercises in. I just hate cleaning up after, the Christmas Tree, Lights, extra gifts laying around & so on & so on.
    I'm a little disappointed I was hoping to get 4 miles a day in, But only got 3 in. I realize I'll have days like this, but it Stinks :ohwell:
    If I did Leslie Sansone & NOT the biggest Loser power walk, I could have gotten more miles in, But Biggest loser is very hard for me & gets me sweating within the 2 miles. I'm wiped before I get to 3 miles.
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sandy--Thanks for doing this again. I was pretty much absent last month, so I'm setting my goal at 40 and hopefully I'll pass it up.

Marie--What a great idea. Are you going to walk through every state or do you have a certain destination in mind? LOL

Kathy--The picture on your ticker is adorable! That's one cute baby!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Tracy, I love the "holi-daze" description! How fitting!

And Teresa I'm so envious of your beach to walk on. I didn't get a beach trip this year and I really missed it. You'll have to send me some sand. :happy: However, I am not envious of you folks that apparently have to do tax work in the upcoming months. I don't even like to do my own. :noway:

I got in one of the 3-mile workouts from the 5 mile walk dvd. I did the one with the walk belt. :bigsmile: It's actually a pretty good dvd if you ever run across it. It has a 5 mile advanced walk that uses 2 lb weights in one mile, the walk belt in one mile and a stretchy band in one mile. The other 2 are just fast miles. Then it has them broken down into 3 mile workouts with the 2 fast miles and each of the boosters. Lots of variety.

Someone mentioned a George Foreman walk and I looked them up. I didn't know there were so many others doing walking workouts. I've only tried one of the biggest loser walks but wouldn't mind trying some of the others.

Happy Walking!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hey Luney! Good to see you!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Saturday Miles in 3 Fast Miles
    Monday~Miles in, 1 Power Walk, 2 Walk Strong, 1 freeform.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi, all, and welcome :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: to the newbies!

I have done 8 miles so far this month but haven't updated my ticker yet. It seems you can only update it from one computer and I use 2 (3 if you count my new phone!). I'll update it in the morning.

I did the 5 Fat Burning Miles video on Sunday and the 3 Mile AHA Walk this morning along with some strength training and a 10 minute video for a challenge elsewhere.

Sandy--I have the 5 Advanced Miles video, also and I really like it. I bought it as a download, though, so I only have the 5 miles--I do mix them up on my own, though!

It's my DSs 23rd birthday today. I heated up a turkey we had and made some mashed potatoes and veggies to go with it. Later when his girlfriend gets here we will have cake and ice cream. I do plan on having a small serving.

Have a good night, all!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Just found this walking group and would like to join the challenge.

My goal will be 50 miles for the month. One of my neighbors, who is a really good friend of mine is now officially retired so we started walking together yesterday. We have started with 30 minutes. So nice to have a walking buddy! I also use an elliptical and I am doing a mile on that each day.

Have a great day!

Cindy
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Saturday Miles in 3 Fast Miles
    Monday~Miles in, 1 Power Walk, 2 Walk Strong, 1 freeform.
    Tuesday~ 2 miles Walk and Kick 1 mile Power Walk with weights, 1.50 miles freeform with weights.

Early morning, Yay! Did my last mile and a half watching the news and then Joyce Meyer. Good exercise for the heart all around!

Here's to a great day! Alice
  • viggie
    Options
    Finished with two more miles! Now I'm going to try to get an exercise ticker. I don't have a pin and don't know how to get one:sad: Anyone who can help me I'd appriecate it!
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    viggie;

Got to Tickerfactory.com. It's free and it will walk you through setting it up. At the end there will be a section where you can copy & paste into your signature here.

For some reason mine isn't working right now on this site but everyone else's seems to be so give it a shot.

Cindy
  • viggie
    Options
    They keep asking me for a pin and I don't know where to get one:grumble: It's really aggrevating me:mad:
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    You mean Ticker Factory is asking you for a Pin?

Go to the top of the page where it says Home,

Go to the home page and just start the process over. You will create a pin when prompted. I think it says something about Click here if you have lost your pin or need to create one.

See if this helps. I'm not too computer literate either so if this doesn't help then you will have to ask someone else.

Cindy
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi, Cindy, and welcome!

I redid my ticker to reflect what I need to lose to be in a healthy range. Hopefully this will be the kick in the pants I need because I have been really slacking at times!

Have a good day, all!

BBL
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Welcome Cindy! Nice to see a new face! :flowerforyou:

Glad your with us again Looney! Im being wishy-washy about doing the state thing. Im thinking I might have to break the big states down to cities so it will seem like Im getting somewhere. So far I've just picked the two smallest states. No special order.

Hey, Maybe I will walk down to N. Georgia, Georgia and visit Sandy!!

Ok got my 4 miles in today. Lasted the whole DVD. That hasn't been happening too often.

I got another ticker too. We will see how easy updating is now though. I have more problems with that part of it then anything. Viggie you arn't the only one thats has had a hard time. Did you get it yet?
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Felt so good to get 3 miles in this morning been under the weather for the past couple of weeks.