SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many folks walking I can't keep up with everything I want to respond to!

Jelly Dancing! :laugh: I bet I could do that really well!

Hmmm? Was it Tracy that secretly admits to liking the boosted walking? I like them too. And my favorite move would have to be the multiple knee lifts. The doubles and the quads too! Is that not weird? But I don't particularly care for the double side steps. I don't know why but I don't. :ohwell:

It is amazing to see how some of the walkers have changed over the years. And how do they keep grinning like that while they are exercising? Try it sometime! It's not easy doing this :bigsmile: for the whole workout. Here I am killing myself with this workout and they are smiling at me. Makes me want to throw my stretchy band at them or something. lol

I really am impressed at how Leslie is able to talk through the entire workout. I know some of the workouts are not continuous but I have several that are. On the biggest loser walking workout that I have the instructors don't even do the workout.

I almost forgot, I did the 2 mile walk and kick tonight and also broke in my new weights tonight. I may not be able to move tomorrow!

Everybody keep on walking!
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    I like some of the "doubles" as well but my new HRM starts screeching at me so I have to back off a bit. My favorite move so far is the Kick Backs. I don't know why but I feel like a kid again and really get a groove going when I do those. What I really have a hard time with is the Tap Outs. Go Figure. Not the Side Steps but the Tap Outs. For some reason that one simple move really puts a burn on my thighs/hips and lights my HRM on fire. I just look at the thing and ask, "Really? Seriously?" It's almost embarrassing to admit that one simple move can raise my heart rate so much but for some reason, it does. :ohwell:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about the person walking the states... I am not that person but I did find this which may be helpful (or fun, at least!) -- virtual tool to walk across the US (a total of 5000+ miles, so it will take me a long time!)

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Saturday Miles in 3 Fast Miles
    Monday~Miles in, 1 Power Walk, 2 Walk Strong, 1 freeform.
    Tuesday~ 2 miles Walk and Kick 1 mile Power Walk with weights, 1.50 miles freeform with weights.
    Wednesday~4 Fast Miles~1 mile freeform with 5lb weights..
    Thursday~3.25 miles~ 3lb weights
    2 miles 3lb weights
    Friday~3.25 miles with weights followed by weights

Look at all the new people that walked in, great to see you all.
    I have been looking at Wiis and xboxes. Do any of you have one or the other and how do you like them?
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Someone asked about the person walking the states... I am not that person but I did find this which may be helpful (or fun, at least!) -- virtual tool to walk across the US (a total of 5000+ miles, so it will take me a long time!)

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html

That was me...thanks for the link! I found another one called Mapmywalk.com. It took me about 30 minutes to figure it out but I finally got a map loaded. Not sure if it's the most user friendly thing but I'll keep playing with it for a bit and see if I can better figure it out.
  • meanbmc
    meanbmc Posts: 28
    Options
    hi! i saw some of your posts, and, WOW! now i have to get a dvd so i can start doing this walking. it sounds like so much fun! i will be going to the store later today..my exercise for today is riding my horse. we're going on a trail ride with the neighbors. the weather is perfect, sun is out and it's fairly warm today-supposed to be in the high 50's or low 60's can't wait! have a great day, y'all!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Melody--thanks for the link! I am now using it.

VeggieTart--I tried mapmywalk a while ago and finally gave up! This one that Melody shared looks MUCH easier to use!

Welcome Meanbmc--interesting user name!

I did 3 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge today along with Day 5 of my SP challenge.

I am going to stick to 3 miles a day for now and then see how my work schedule works out (I should be returning to work in another few weeks).

Have a good day, all!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi everyone, yesterday I walked 2.5... but didn't have time to log it. then this morning I did another 2. and if I can get off work early tonight. I'll try to get another 1 or 2 miles in..... so I'm on my way
    thanks Melody for the sight. when I have more time, ill check it out... I looked it up this moriing..Co. is about 450 miles across. I should be able to do that before the end of the year. lol... hopefully way before. :happy:
    have a great day. keep walking
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    I got in the 5 mile fat burning.
    Now these are 12 min miles, I put it under 4 miles per hour, what does everyone else put that one under?
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    You may log it however you like. A 12 minute mile is at the 5mph pace. Great job 5 miles at that pace, YAAAY!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I walked a total of 6 miles today. I went on the treadmill 30 minutes that's actually 1.5 miles. And I got another day in for my Beach WALK 5 miles. My LEGS are killing me, Im so sore UGH!!!

I tried both web sites given for the walking Maps / The first one didn't go through ??? And mapmywalk.com I couldn't figure out how to use it :embarassed: . So I guess, I have enough things to fill out with MFP, to be able to keep up with something else.

GREAT WALKING EVERYONE.....................
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies

:smile: - Alice - no Wii or Xbox here so no recommendations. Great job on all your exercise!

:smile: - Mean - make sure to check back if you get a DVD! Horseback riding sounds like so much fun. Hope you had a wonderful ride!

:smile: - pmj - I'll go back and check that other site out. I wasn't really happy with the other one anyway. Good job on the walk!

:smile: - Constance - Way to go!

:smile: - Leslie - Awesome job!

:smile: - Teresa - 6 Miles...Well done!

I got in 2 today for a total of 12. I'll update my ticker later.

Have a great nite everybody!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Hmmm? Was it Tracy that secretly admits to liking the boosted walking? I like them too. And my favorite move would have to be the multiple knee lifts. The doubles and the quads too! Is that not weird? But I don't particularly care for the double side steps. I don't know why but I don't. :ohwell:

Yep, that was me :blushing: If you'd asked me 3 months ago what my least favorite part of the workouts was, it would have been the boosts. Like some of you, I can't quite kick and boost at the same time without gravity taking over, but I will get there. My least favorite are leg swings (4 Fast Miles, during a couple of the boosts) and double side steps :noway: . My favorite are the kickbacks because they help stretch me out when I'm starting to get sore in the middle of a workout.

Well, I did 4 Fast Miles (with the leg swings even) today. Almost didn't get to my group today cause work was hectic, but figured "they" have me for 8 hours, I can take 1 hour for me. Everyone lived through my lunch/absence and so I was proven right.

Happy weekend everyone!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I got my 2 miles in today. Did it this morning at 9. Just getting the time to check in. Good job everybody!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I walked a total of 6 miles today. I went on the treadmill 30 minutes that's actually 1.5 miles. And I got another day in for my Beach WALK 5 miles. My LEGS are killing me, Im so sore UGH!!!

I tried both web sites given for the walking Maps / The first one didn't go through ??? And mapmywalk.com I couldn't figure out how to use it :embarassed: . So I guess, I have enough things to fill out with MFP, to be able to keep up with something else.

GREAT WALKING EVERYONE.....................

Teresa--I thought the first site didn't go through either but when I went back to it all the info i had entered was there.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow walkers! I've been bad again today and didn't get in any walking, but I hope to make up for it this weekend. They are predicting more snow for North Georgia this Sunday. We haven't had snow this early for years and years. I like the snow but hope it doesn't turn to ice! I would sure hate to break my log in record because I have no power! :sad: But maybe my phone will still work so I can log in. They've already announced that my husband's work will be closed on Monday. I can't believe they are committing this far ahead.

I found some good buys at a thrift store during my lunch hour today. They had all their clothes half price. I've really come to like thrift & consignment stores as I've lost weight. Clothes are too expensive to pay full price when you may not be wearing them very long. I got a carhartt denim shirt for 2 bucks and like new jeans for 2.50. And the real bargain was a very nice all-weather coat for 2.50. It's fun when you find a bargain. My project for tomorrow is to find a step-bench to use with my weights. I"m going to check out all the thrift stores in the area! Wish me luck!

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Got 5 miles in this morning, we will see how froggy i feel after work, have a wonderful day
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Five miles today, plus a bit of free step on the wii while watching tv :) Have a nice weekend!
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Correction!!

Last night I reported my miles at 12...that was wrong...I should have said 14 and I just finished another 2 so now I'm at a grand total of 16!!:bigsmile:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Saturday Miles in 3 Fast Miles
    Monday~Miles in, 1 Power Walk, 2 Walk Strong, 1 freeform.
    Tuesday~ 2 miles Walk and Kick 1 mile Power Walk with weights, 1.50 miles freeform with weights.
    Wednesday~4 Fast Miles~1 mile freeform with 5lb weights..
    Thursday~3.25 miles~ 3lb weights
    2 miles 3lb weights
    Friday~3.25 miles with weights followed by weights
    Saturday~3 miles with weights long day at work-pooped!