Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• Whagwan83
    Whagwan83 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nup, i hate them. u want to draw on something buy a book!! ur bodies arent made for that

Do you shave/wax/wear make up/cut your hair? You body isn't made for that!
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Definite yay as I have my second appointment today to work on one that was started a couple weeks ago.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love them! Unfortunately don't have any yet because of being chronically broke, but I'm hoping for one before the end of year. I wouldn't get heavily inked because I might be studying to be a teacher, but I think tattoos can be very beautiful. An old college professor of mine had full sleeve tattoos, which I thought was ballsy for a working scientist. She was pretty brilliant.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I have one. A paw print on my ankle that's no bigger than a quarter. I love animals and was a vet tech pre kids. I'll never get another one. Hubby HATES them and almost divorced me over it. NO lie!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Most definitely a yay for me.

I have 6, one of which is a half sleeve. It needs to be finished, but I have to wait until my race season this year is done before getting more color done on it. The only one of mine that you can see when I'm at work is my half sleeve, but even that can be hidden with the right shirt.

My husband has 5, two of which are half sleeves. His 6th will be coming soon.
  • Heather_Nichole15
    Heather_Nichole15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love them on others, but only have one very hidden on myself :)
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Love tats...have 1, want more. LOVE them on men...nothing sexier if done right
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have seven, and several more planned. I think a well-executed tattoo on both men and women are sexy. There are a LOT of bad tattoos though.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like them but just can't justify spending the money on myself. Too many other things I'd rather spend it on.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I don't even like them on men...

I really do think they are unfeminine. My gorgeous niece has about four or five and, even though they are (relatively) discreet and a pretty design or quotation, I can't help but think they are intrusive and that, when she's older (she's 30!) she is going to regret them.

<shudder> :sick:
  • christinedenaro
    christinedenaro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YAY! I got my first tattoo after I finished my treatment for breast cancer (I am 46 :)...3 pink roses on the back of my shoulder to represent my 3 beautiful children <3 I want to get another one to cover my port scar - a butterfly maybe?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yay. I have 4, but they're all hidden due to my profession. No regrets...even though my rose on my hip got wilted from having twins. :laugh:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    YAY! I got my first tattoo after I finished my treatment for breast cancer...3 pink roses on the back of my shoulder to represent my 3 beautiful children <3 I want to get another one to cover my port scar - a butterfly maybe?

InkMaster did a show where the team had to ink breast-cancer survivors. Some of them turned out absolutely beautiful. Check it out.
  • emilyroberts312
    Options
    A definite YAY. I have four, all of which tell a story. Theyre all hidden though (One on my ribs, one on my calf, one on my achilles and one on my pelvis). You can only see my calf one if I'm wearing a skirt, which I don't whilst at work.

As for tattoos on men, absolutely yay! I love a guy with a sleeve!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love them. I currently only have one on my ankle but plan to get more very soon. My BF has a couple on his arms. I would love for him to get a half sleeve when he has the one redone to cover up a former GF's name.
    Moral of the story, if you are getting tats with names, get your kids' names or a memorial tat. Don't put your BF, GF or spouse's name on your body because sadly you may regret it later.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Tattoo people are weird.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yah for me but there are a lot of bad tattoos floating around so nah on those! A girl in my daughters class got a memorial tattoo for her father "In loveing memory" - terrible. The girl is 16. You think her mother would have been a little more hands on there to the point it would be at least spelled right.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I guess they're ok.
  • kacpakmom
    kacpakmom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    absolutely YAY!
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yay, although for myself I can just not think of anything I would want permanently on my body. Of course quality of art and content are important. Tribal art on your bicep guys? No. Butterfly/dolphin/flower tramp stamp/ankle/pelvis tattoo for girls, uh no.