It's MFP and the "F" is awesome!

Options
13»

Replies

• Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit the "I love working out and eating healthy!" blah, blah, blah. Yet.

I joined MFP over a year ago, and it's only been in the last, um, 20 days, that I've tried logging most of my food (yes, even the spoonfuls of natural, raw peanut butter with Nutella - don't judge) and I put the Fitbit back on.

I'm in that stage of complaining my body hurts and whatever other sort of excuse I can come up with, but....

I'm still changing.

Not every day is a fabulous day. Not every day are the best food choices are being made. But I'm starting to think differently - my body aches and I'm already sick of walking. What can I do instead?

This is new to me. So for me, F is "forward thinking"

Love this post, Chevy_Smart!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Not every day is a fabulous day. Not every day are the best food choices are being made. But I'm starting to think differently - my body aches and I'm already sick of walking. What can I do instead?

This is new to me. So for me, F is "forward thinking"

Love this post, Chevy_Smart!

@rogue

Great realistic attitude. I started and stopped with MFP. I even went AWOL a while (very sorry about that). I am finally just starting to try to get my "act" together, but it is a "day by day" thing.

Last year I hurt my ankle so I couldn't walk for a while. I started doing a lot of Stationary bike and kettlebells - it was an eye opener. Now I still do that stuff even though I can walk now.

Good luck!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    ** Of course I am sensitive to people who have chronic conditions and disabilities which prevent traditional exercise.

Well, I love exercise simply because it helped me overcome some major problems with a chronic disease. Five years ago I could barely walk a half mile without being in pain. Slowly but surely, I built up my strength and endurance and am actually able to run now! This is something I though would be impossible even a year ago.

Exercise opened up a whole new world to me!
  • Fit_Content
    Fit_Content Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ** Of course I am sensitive to people who have chronic conditions and disabilities which prevent traditional exercise.
    something I though would be impossible even a year ago.

Exercise opened up a whole new world to me!

That makes me want to go and work out!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    This is so great that there are more exercise fans than people who see it as a "burden" :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    bump
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Just lost a co-worker to cancer yesterday, and one of my good friends is on permanent chemo (which I think is the new code for terminal).

Darn right we should all be thankful for every day we get!

I love exercising too, especially lifting weights.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I genuinely look forward to getting up at 4:40 AM to lift & I'm at the point where I would rather change my body by eating maintenance (or more) and pushing myself physically than by worrying about hitting a calorie goal and weighing less.

Even when I was overweight I was reasonably physically fit, though insecurity kept me sedentary. I was always afraid of people looking at me jiggle and shake. Now I don't care what people think of me, I work hard and I do it for me. I figure if they don't like it they can look away. I've also cured chronic sciatica through exercise, which is pretty rad.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Just lost a co-worker to cancer yesterday, and one of my good friends is on permanent chemo (which I think is the new code for terminal).

Darn right we should all be thankful for every day we get!

I love exercising too, especially lifting weights.

@perserverence - that is right - Life is short and the fact that we can exercise is definitely a gift! :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    they can look away. I've also cured chronic sciatica through exercise, which is pretty rad.

@leviteme - That is Beyond rad! Great job! :drinker:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of having your enthusiasm, and phases where I don’t. But I keep coming back, and that’s a lot better than my previous life.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I go through phases of having your enthusiasm, and phases where I don’t. But I keep coming back, and that’s a lot better than my previous life.

@iplayoutside1 - I hear you there.. I just went through a really bad phase from November to April where I never logged onto MFP and gained 20 lbs. I just felt like I was in a "fog".