Name some famous people you've seen in real life

Options

Replies

• Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of famous musicians in real life when I was at various concerts.

^ This

Bah! There are no famous people in Canada!

Ryan Reynolds, Rachael McAdams, Ellen Page, Michael Buble, Michael J Fox, Micheal Myers are all Canucks!

Ryan Reynolds and my husband have the same aunt --- he is much younger than my husband so he only knew him as his cousin's irritating young cousin.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Veronica Taylor( the voice of Ash Ketchum), Jim Cummings (the singing voice of Scar - The Lion King), Vic Mignogna (Plays Capt. Kirk in web series Star Trek Continues)
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nerdy mom here. I take my kid to Cons so we see a lot of famous people. We were at a smaller Con in June and the celebrities went walkabout when they weren't signing autographs. We saw Tony Todd, Giancarlo Esposito, Tracy Gold, Sylvester McCoy, Erika Eleniak, Chandler Riggs, Wiliam Shatner Burt Young, Dean Cain, Kevin Sorbo, previously met John Barrowman, Marina Sirtis, Alice Cooper, LeVar Burton, George Takei, Nichelle Nicholls and a bunch more I can't remember.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Tom Cruise
    Tom Selleck - I ran with him in central park
    Bunch of race car drivers - Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Kyle Petty, etc
    David Brenner
    Ted Kennedy
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think the only famous people I've seen in real life is Josh Duhamel and Fergie and that's only because Josh is from here and they come back every now and then to visit his family.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Robin Williams while he was touring with the USO in Iraq.
    Gary Sinise at an event that I had to "work" at.
    Latrice Royale at a meet and greet after one of her shows.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I saw Si Robertson last week on my cruise ship. Can he count? Please please!?!

If not, I got nothing. :(
  • stemmingthetide
    stemmingthetide Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I met Vince Vaughn at the Beverly Hilton- he was a great guy and stood and talked to my friends and me for about a half hour. He intoduced himself- "Hi, my name is Vince." He actually came over an introduced himself to me. I didn't want to be a star-f'r so I didn't say anything until he said hello.
  • justinitsul
    justinitsul Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    John Travolta. During the filming of Phenomenon.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    B-Real of Cypress Hill
    Everlast
    Maurice Gibb

All were at paintball tournaments.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    All mostly as a chef in NYC

Faith HIll..cool and just WOW!
    Howard Stern. super nice
    Howie Long..very cool nicest guy ever
    Bono: gracious and personable
    Terry Bradshaw: drunk but funny
    Matt Leinart: pompous
    John Malcovich: Odd
    Paula Abdul: nutty but nice
    Brad and Kimberly Paisely: very cool
    Michael J Fox and wife, nice
    Kurt Busch: cool
    Randy Johnson: Tall!
    Merril Hoge: cool
    Matt Lauer: pure professional
    Mario Batali: Cool
    Bobby Flay: in a hurry lol
    BJ Novak: cool
    Tony Bennet: The man
    I think that's it.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I once walked past Gallager in the St Louis airport. He seemed like he wanted to be recognized.
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Motley Crue when I lived in California, Sir Mix Alot danced on stage with him and was invited back to his hotel room... that was a good night!!!!
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i used to work backstage security at the local arena in Sheffield for about 10yrs on and off so i have seen,met,spoken to a lot of the top stars over the years :) .. from The Who to tina turner ,michael jackson,the spice girls and many many more ..even included royalty at some events .. the one who stood out the most was Keanu Reeves at glastonbury once .. oh and riding a quad bike with keith flint from the prodigy on the back was a good one too.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Saw the band Paramore this weekend in PA at amusement park riding rollercoaster

Saw Mike Tyson in Atlantic City playing blackjack

Saw Kevin Costner filming movie
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Rod Stewart - walked past me in Harrods London

Bowling for soup - band - met them twice at VIP gigs Cambridge

Matt from zebrahead - band - met him outside of a gig his band were supporting Bowling for Soup

Michel Roux Jr - Celebrity Chef - saw him at the good food show and met him at his restaurant in London

James Martin - Celebrity Chef - stood like 7 feet from him at the good food show

Jackson Rathbone - played Jasper in Twilight - his band played in London and they had a meet and greet after and got to shake his hand
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I met both Dave Chappelle and REO Speedwagon. I wasn't aware that I met Dave Chappelle until one of my friends pointed him out to me (I was working at a political rally and asked him for his ticket) and I met REO Speedwagon when I was like 5, so I asked one of the band members if he wanted to meet my teddy bear. I'm sure it was adorable.
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I forgot Danny Donabucci. Epic *kitten* with a short man complex.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Lots of the Star Trek and sci-fi cast at Cons but my favorite was someone you gotta be kinda old like me to know... Amanda Blake (Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke). She was at a western wear store in Gilbert AZ. We were too chicken to walk up and say hi and while in the process of deciding who was going to be brave enough she walked up to us and just started talking to us. She was so nice and about the most friendly person you ever want to meet.
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Athletes aside, David Hasselhoff.

Athletes, OJ Simpson, Joe Delamaleur, Gunter Schlierkamp