Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Felt so good I went for a run this evening. I never run in summer, I normally hate it.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    I joined a gym last week and have spent every workout session hiding at the back on a treadmill, but this morning I braved the weights machines for the first time and nobody laughed at me :smile:

I joined one last Thursday myself. Only missed one day so far. I love it. Keep it up. :)
  • BellaDaniella928
    BellaDaniella928 Posts: 12 Member
    I FINALLY got the courage to go into the free weight section at the gym this week, as I decided I am going to start a lifting routine to help me shed the last 30 pounds. It was such an empowering feeling, and I've already lost an inch around my waist since changing up my routine.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    I helped my husband move a heavy box down from the attic, and instead of whining about how hard it was or how weak I am, I just did it! Then afterward, we talked about how easy that was. :happy: Stronger is better!
  • brianpride
    brianpride Posts: 27 Member
    Shrank out of one belt and back into the one that didn't fit any more. Also had to tighten a notch on my fitbit wrist tracker because it was getting very loose where I usually wore it.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Okay so this doesn't sound like much, but to me it's a big deal. I washed some work clothes last night but my pants weren't dry enough this morning to wear. Since I have to wear long pants and apparently going to work in just your underwear is frowned upon, I was in a panic. In the back of my closet I have a pair of grey work pants I haven't worn since probably May/June 2013 since they gave me gross muffin top lol. They are a 20 but from the "regular" section instead of the "plus size" section so they are cut narrower in the hips. Much to my surprise, they slid right on and buttoned without me having to suck it in lol. My NSV - shopping in my own closet :happy: .

That sounds like a big deal to me! I just bought my first Large shirt in over ten years. It doesn't fit perfectly yet, but it will very soon! Doesn't it feel good getting out of the "Plus Size" clothes?
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    My wedding ring is loose!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    I'm not *quite* there yet. I mean they're still big girl pants lol, but between that, and the random XL light sweater I got at Banana Republic this weekend (on clearance for $9 no less!) I feel like either vanity sizes are giving me a false sense of awesome or I'm doing something right. :)
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    I just did the first weight increase for my strength training program.

Also this morning I buckled my belt on the last hole. Woo!
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    I got up this morning and completed Day 3 of Week 1 of Jillian's Ripped in 30 even though I have a cold and haven't been feeling the best. In the past I would have totally used that as an excuse to skip the workout! And to make things even better, I felt much better after the workout :)
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Oh soooo many lately.

1. I am officially a size 8 - and confirmed it by trying on a few different brands. The size 12 shorts i brought on May 24, are baggy needing a belt and the size 14 jeans i bought in Dec are ridiculously too big.

2. My waist at the smallest part measures 29" - that blows my mind since it started at 43"

3. I own a bikini - haven't owned one of those in 22 years - now i just need to get confidence to wear it outside LMAO.

4. A male family member saw me for the first time in a year and he just looked at me then said - you've lost weight. *insert shocked expression here*
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Not only the ubiquitous "my certain pants finally zipped", but I find I'm actually looking forward to going to the gym and lifting weights. Me. A total fat girl. I never would have guessed that would be the case, but always hoped.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!