Where Do You Lose Fat First?

Options
13»

Replies

• crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you cannot spot lose weight (despite what some infomercials lead you to believe). your own body will determine where you lose fat from first.. just stick with it, and the fat will come off of all places you want it removed from. but, no amount of crunches/ab exercises is going to get the belly fat removed any faster. if you're exercising, its better to use your time focusing on multi-joint/compound exercises that work more body parts.

I dont think she is implying that she is wanting to "spot lose weight" shes wanting to know where we notice change in FIRST when on this journey~~
    for me it was my hips and thighs FIRST then my arms
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Calves and waist (but upper waist, like right under the boobs). So my bras fit terribly.
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost from my breasts and face first, then from my waist. I have lost stomach fat quite rapidly, but my butt seems to have fallen behind a bit in terms of weight loss. (It's definitely shrinking, but there's a 14" difference between my hips and my waist now. ;;;;) My limbs, especially thighs and upper arms, have been taking AGES to slim down, though.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So far for me my neck and décolletage(general collarbone/shoulder/chest area - not including boobs) and my thighs (although not the inner part yet - grr) that have been the most obvious. The tape measure tells me I've lost some from everywhere, but that's the most noticeable. I imagine it's different for everyone though.
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Boobs. My waist, thighs, arm, neck measurements haven't changed a bit in over 6 months of tracking. I did however drop inches off my chest. Down 1-2 cup sizes unfortunately. Same size around the band.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I tend to see the loss in my stomach first.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Face, arms, legs. - All that's left is the torso, and it can start any day now.... :angry:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So far (half way to goal), I lost in this order.....Face, Belly (last place I gained, so got lucky), shoulders, lower thighs, upper arms.......Now I just need to lose the remainder of my lower belly, upper arms, upper thighs, butt and all the other places the fat is hiding.

ETA: forgot boobs.... they went about 3rd, I lost a cup size.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    First boobs, then back, then waist. Last: hips and thighs.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Face and tummy first, thighs last. Same with weight gain, I notice it in my thighs first!
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Face - boobs and waist. my tummy and hips are still hanging in there. I have lost a little in my arms tho. I find I cant flap my bingo wings as much as I used to
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Seems fairly even for me, except I never really notice any losses in my butt/thighs. Clothes may tell me differently, but visually I never see it. For me, I notice hands/feet first, then breasts (they are already really small so this is disappointing), then face.