The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Not having to pour every single thought of my head and activities; also I like having days where I go out alone, binge on netflix, do nothing.

NOT BEING BOTHERED WHEN I AM TRYING TO READ. :angry:
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    This.
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Never having to delete your internet browser history

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol my so says, oh I watched that one last week
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My mayhem causing antics!!!..........Are curtailed BY NO ONE!!! Muhahahahahaha!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    not getting tap on the shoulder in the middle of the night :huh: dang, i miss that :blushing:

Some things are better unscheduled....
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    lots of things...
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just got a divorce last month. So far the best part is that I hang out around my house naked a lot now.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have a list, but only because I've been single all my life! Never had a serious relationship (dates here and there, just nothing long-term).

Pros:

Being able to sleep like a starfish in my double bed!
    Not having to tell anyone where I'm going or what I'm doing.
    Can stay up late/get up early without having someone complain.
    Can use up all the hot water in the shower if I want to!
    If I want to live off just Ramen noodles for the week, I can (Not healthy obviously, but can't be arsed to cook).
    Can hog the tv remote as much as I want!
    Can sit in front of tv for long spurts (e.g. tv marathon) and not give a damn.
    I can wizz with the door open!
    Pass wind...and not care! I like not having to hold it in at home. (Yes, us women do pass wind)

Ummm... I am not single and I still "pass wind". Does anyone really ever hold it in at home??? Even if you are in a relationship? Sorry, that might have been too much information. :laugh:
  • richard205
    richard205 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    On vacation without an itinerary and just got stoopid lazy between the ocean and the couch for a few days, pure bliss... and no one to say a word to the contrary. :)
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    So far the best part is that I hang out around my house naked a lot now.

^^ +1
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Best parts about being single:
    - Traveling alone to adventurous destinations (I could still do this, but now I'd rather take my husband with me)
    - Talking to/meeting new people (used to do this more, but I think marriage made me less interested in meeting more people since my opening line usually needs to include "by the way, I'm married" if I'm talking to a guy)
    - Wondering if I'd get married or stay single (something about the mystery there was always kind of fun)
    - Not having the title of "wife" -- it just makes me feel old!

Best things about being married:
    - Always having a buddy to push me to go to the gym, run or sign up for races, etc.
    - If I do something really cool, I have someone there to witness it (likewise for when I do something really stupid...)
    - Having the best backup alarm clock ever (for all the times I don't hear the three alarms I set on my iPhone, the backup alarm I set on my Blackberry, and the regular alarm clock)
    - Never having to ask a friend to call me at specified times in case our date doesn't go well
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My married and in relationship friends are all stressed out about launching their careers and money. I have the freedom to work on my education in peace without feeling like somebody else is invested in it.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I can just be me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    axjytt.jpg

truth
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The best things about being single.... Everything!

I can't think of one good reason to be married or even in a long term relationship. In my experience relationships (though they start out great), end up with anger, possessiveness, restrictions, and abuse.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I really appreciated being able to eat whatever I wanted.

For some reason my ex and I had a difficult time figuring out what to eat for dinner, and it turned into bickering often.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Just got a divorce last month. So far the best part is that I hang out around my house naked a lot now.

Any you couldn't do this when you were married why?!? Maybe that's why you are divorced
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sanity
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    5. Saving Money

She’ll max out your credit card for insignificant things like her dog’s manicure, eyelash lengthening and buying the entire department store in a single visit. Not to be sexist, but the only task women perform with perfection is spending money!

Truth.

When my ex left me I thought I'd be in trouble. She mad half the money and I was scared I wouldn't be able to afford my house payment. To my surprise I was actually able to save money every month and even buy myself things for a change. That's when I finally realized all the non-sense she bought was bleeding us dry. I recall one of her worst nonsense buys she spent close $200 on "tarts" over the course of a month. That is, small wickless candles that you melt to stink up the house. We had to have one of every type. It was very important for some reason. :\

^^ Exact same!

I was terrified of flying solo on one income... but now I can afford nice things like a new car and extravagant trips with less than half of my previous income!