How can someone get to 538lbs?

Replies

• He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Congratulations on your significant weight loss thus far and sharing your story. I can't imagine growing up not hearing that my parents love me. I am so excited for you though because you are young and can make the best of the rest of your thirties!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    I get it. I mean, I really get it. One of the things I am definitely working on to make sure I keep this weight off is getting to the underlying cause of my weight. The story is different but not so different that I can't identify. I can most definitely identify with the regret of not having done this sooner...hey, you have 4 years head start on me! You could already be 40 and looking back realizing that time was wasted. Today, however, is not wasted. The future only gets brighter when you get your health in check. Keep it up! GREAT WORK!
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    lukewind

How do you get to 538lbs?

For the longest time I didn’t really comprehend why I got so big, but as I got older the reasons why became more and more evident. I began gaining weight at an early age, I was quite a chubby kid and as can imagine I was made fun of quite a bit. I am not sure if I would call it bullying because I was a foot taller then anyone else in my class so no one dared try and physically harass me, but the mental abuse was daily and constant.

So they next time you wonder how anyone can get as big as I was, just remember that weight gain can be a complicated thing for some people and there is always a story behind people that get that large. We don’t want sympathy for our situation, we did it to ourselves and admitting that is the only way to move forward. All we ever want is for people to understand why it happens. That is all we can ever ask.

Thanks

Thank you for opening your soul, lukewind. I'm so in awe of how far you've come since you woke up from your zombie state. Your decision to rejoin society and take control of your life are very admirable.

It's way easier to stay passive and let things keep going as they were. Especially after years of momentum.

Congratulations on losing 150+ pounds so far. Best wishes on reaching the rest of your goals.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry for the loss of your neice. The post is definitely inspring for those of us up there in wieght and many of us can identify with it I am sure. I definitely can as I have some similar experiences that I believe have affected my desire for food as comfort. I also identify with it as so many of your points of being a child remind me of myself and my son. He is in a loving family that is very supportive but I see it in him that he is following in his moms (my) footsteps as turning to food for comfort, he is also being bullied for his weight (he is only slightly overweight) which is not helping and I am doing everything in my power (including changing my habits) to stop the bullying and emotional eating now before he gets to our points as overwieght adults. Thank you for sharing your story!! It inspires me even more to know that we can do it!!
  • Clovermoth
    Clovermoth Posts: 33 Member
    Your life is real life...and the strength you have shown throughout your journey is amazing. YOU are amazing and your strength is unending. Thank you so much for sharing and Congratulations!!!
  • For me, I NEVER, EVER thought I would be 200 pounds. I was a stick all through my teens and twenties.

And now, I'm 277 as of this morning.

It just happens. You go on with your life intending to "do something" about your weight, and one thing or another keeps you from doing it.

You buy and wear sweatpants.

You eat whatever you want sometimes because you figure, "I'm already fat" but you don't realize you can get bigger and bigger and bigger until someone says, "Oh, my God, look at the size of that woman over there." And you don't think they can be talking about you because no one ever said that about you in your life.

You cross the line from chubby to fat to supersize almost without knowing it. You get on the scale and see you're 11 pounds bigger and you think "That can't POSSIBLY be right." But it is.

It just happens.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Hey folks, maybe just report the person who is making an *kitten* out of themselves, rather than engage. It's clear he needs attention, so...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Thanks for posting this, and Burro is right: 40 is the new 20. Good luck with the next many chapters of your life!
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Thank you for sharing that -- I've always thought "how could anyone get that big?" I guess the truth is, everyone has different reasons, different catalysts, different stories. I am so glad to hear you found the motivation to lose weight and seem to be in a much happier state of mind. Congrats!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Not quoting the guy who eats 500 cals a day and needs some serious psychological help (no, not an insult, it's a fact. He needs help), but I wanted to quote what the OP said:
    So they next time you wonder how anyone can get as big as I was, just remember that weight gain can be a complicated thing for some people and there is always a story behind people that get that large. We don’t want sympathy for our situation, we did it to ourselves and admitting that is the only way to move forward. All we ever want is for people to understand why it happens. That is all we can ever ask.

Sounds like the OP is pretty accountable for his actions. And for that:

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Hey folks, maybe just report the person who is making an *kitten* out of themselves, rather than engage. It's clear he needs attention, so...

I agree
  • BinaryPulsar
    Funny everyone on here saying anything to me has 4k, 5k, 6k, 9k posts. I wonder why?

Offering support, congratulating success, giving advice, asking advice, making friends that share fitness, having a little fun.
  • BinaryPulsar
    It's not the morning Mr. 6k posts and a donkey pic.

you really are clueless, aren't you? i'll say it more directly and use small words so you can understand.

it's not your place to come into this forum and belittle somebody's personal story in the manner in which you did.

:drinker:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Funny everyone on here saying anything to me has 4k, 5k, 6k, 9k posts. I wonder why?

And the relevancy of this is?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    . I have an opinion just like anyone else and I wish the guy all the best. That's plenty of motivation.

Well thank you for voicing your opinion that is shared by no one.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Having fun attacking everything I say about anything right. That's called harassment. And is reportable. End of story. From now on when I post I won't respond to you trolls.

:huh: :noway:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing! I think many of us who gained can related to it just creeping up. You still have a lot of life ahead of you!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Thank you for sharing this. *grabs kleenex*

And congratulations on shedding 151 pounds already!

Simply amazing, inspirational, and wonderful! Keep sharing your story - there are so many hurting people out there who need to hear it, and need to know that there is still hope to change, if they want to.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    My dad didn't hug me. My mom said i love you 3 times growing up. Kids picked on me. I quit college because of my I.D picture. My niece died. Yep, didn't blame anything. And 34 complaining about mommy and daddy hugging? Comon. I have an opinion just like anyone else and I wish the guy all the best. That's plenty of motivation.

I don't think your reading comprehension skills ever surpassed that of a second grader.

Thanks for quoting him before he edited the rest of that drivel out. Wow.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Having fun attacking everything I say about anything right. That's called harassment. And is reportable. End of story. From now on when I post I won't respond to you trolls.

So the people who advocate sensitivity and respect on the forum are trolls, but the person who attacks and belittles is not.

Hmmm.

OK.