My girlfriend said I have Moobs :-( Help please!

Options

Replies

• MistuhBeefMan
    Options
    You want a strong core and a nice chest...pushups are the way to go, youll gain lean muscle without looking bulky.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You want a strong core and a nice chest...pushups are the way to go, youll gain lean muscle without looking bulky.

^True. I've seen MistuhBeefMan's pecs, and although I call them "Moobs" they're totally smokin'

And maybe your girl is flirting.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Turn that fat into muscle (weights, push-ups) and then decide if you want to bulk up. I don't know about moobs, but fat around the stomach is associated with a risk of health problems so you need to keep that under control especially as you get older when the health problems are likely to start happening. Use this as a wake-up call to get yourself into shape for now and the future.

Could your girlfriend have been nicer in her approach? Of course. But sometimes it's good to be direct.
  • dapperd2014
    Options
    thanks everyone.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

"Looking bulky"? Has that ever been a real concern of any man in the history of...uh...ever? That he would wake up one day and find himself "looking bulky"?

[don'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.gif]
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Help!!! I am turning 40 and am skinny with a little belly. Also my GF said I had moobs!!!

Where do I start? I have started with MFP do track what I eat and exercise I do. I cycle to work 30 mins each way and that is about it.

What do I eat? What exercise do I do. I don't want to be massive but I do want a strong core and flat belly and to be a bit bigger.

MFP said 2300 calories a day is my aim, but what should make up those calories. I just bought some kettlebells so I can use them in the garden and a pull up bar. going to the gym is difficult as it is far away. I can't afford a personal trainer. Do I need one?

Help please.

Start lifting weights, 3 - 4 days a week...StrongLifts 5x5 is a good beginner program

Then make sure you eat adequate protein, fat and carbs.

Protein should be 0.8 - 1.0 gr / pound of body weight
    Fat should be at minimum 0.4 gr / pound of bodyweight
    Carbs can make up the rest of your calories.

Then if 2300 is the number that you lose weight at....
    Stay at or below 2300 for the day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow...

I had something else but deleted it.

Get the chest you want....you can't do something for someone else...it is not a good enough reason.

As for if the roles were reversed here yah it wouldn't be pretty....or irl...funny how a woman/girl can dis her man but if a man says yah you do look fat in those pants you are on the couch for at least a week...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

As for if the roles were reversed here yah it wouldn't be pretty....or irl...funny how a woman/girl can dis her man but if a man says yah you do look fat in those pants you are on the couch for at least a week...

So true....
    Gotta love that $#!%
  • fitwithtyram
    Options
    Oh, No!!! Sorry to hear that. Do you like to exercise or are you willing to exercise ????? I would love to help you overcome your Moobs issue. Never heard it called that before. Not funny, but really would love to help you.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with moobs? As long as you don't need a bra for them I don't get what the problem is.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

"Looking bulky"? Has that ever been a real concern of any man in the history of...uh...ever? That he would wake up one day and find himself "looking bulky"?

[don'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.gif]

Lol! Another funny quote was, I don't want to get massive... Lol... Like a pure ectomorph could lol... You need too start lifting, you will not get massive, ever! You don't have the genes,...
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would obsess about anything the GF says. I find I get along SOOO much better with my spouse if we just refrain from talking to one another all together.

QFT
  • buxombel1978
    Options
    This is what I was thinking. I would never belittle or dmoralize someone I cared about by calling them names. Id simply encourage them for the efforts ie: you look so good since you started eating healthier, love the difference its made in your stamina and energy...looking good spunk and so on.

Agree with the nutritional advice as well.....you dont have to panic.

Whenever your girlfriend says something like that to you, remind yourself that you wouldnt do that to her, that its unacceptable and designed to make her feel better about herself etc. Or simply say, "Hey babe, so glad your being so honest with me, its exactly what I needed....so I figured now we are being so open I should be honest with you.....I think you need to work on your rear, and I notice all the time that cellulite on your rear and thighs....apparently there are exercises for that....plus if you join me and we do this together you will be able to have a flatter stomach and the muscle build up should raise your breasts a little as well so that would be really great *sincer smile* You get my drift
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Unpopular opinion:
    People are way too fricken sensitive. If she's constantly demoralizing you and bringing you down as a person, of course dump her. But dumping her because she said a possible truth? /rolls_eyes
    Doesn't change the fact that you still might have moobs, you'll just be -1 girlfriend.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Hell 6 months of lifting even in a deficit and my moobs already look way more like pectorals. Unless I bend over /blush. Point is if you do some strength training at your kind of size any fat you have there will get stretched tight over your muscle. Goodbye man boobs.

Also in the camp of not making assumptions about this guys relationship. Everyone is imagining some kind of scene where the gf goes eeew manboobs u better short that *kitten* out or im taking my hot-stuff elsewhere. If he really cares about his GF he may well have decided to do something about a comment that was more meant as an idle tease than anything else. So let's just answer the dude's questions rather than speculating about the quality of his relationship lol.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    She is hot and sometimes you need to hear it as it is. It definitely was a wake up call.

In my cousin's neighborhood they have this saying and they don't hesitate to use it.

"You ain't that hot!"

:drinker:
    I would go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

You can do this!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    A. Dump girlfriend (that's rude!)
    B. Lift and eat healthy
    C. get new smoking hot girlfriend
    D. Revel in your awesomeness..

A & C are optional... B&D are not.

:drinker: :smokin:

FTW

lol wut.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    A zombiousminimus.