How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    1-2x per week
    People fluctuate much with water retention. Women tend to more.
    Don't get stuck on the number, but body fat reduction is the key. Weight and body fat are not synonymous

I 100% agree with you on this one. Hide the scale, it is not your friend.

This is a story of me this last week. I actually gained 2 pounds, but in the last 4 weeks have lost OVER 6 total inches on my body. The scale is just a number. It is more important how you feel and how your clothes fit. Quit weighing yourself everyday!!! If you think about it, when you weigh in the evening, it is after you have eaten several times. If I were you, pick one morning a week to weigh and do it at the same time. I normally weigh Saturday morning with no clothes on. Hang in there, you can do this and you are at the right place to support and encouragement. :bigsmile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in daily and drove myself nuts.....so I pick a day later in the week too (thursday/friday) morning so all the work I've put in shows...I tend to be bad on weekends too
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but it only "counts" once a week; weighing at night is counterproductive to ones' sanity if they've also weighed in the morning...you're going to gain weight during the day. At night, the magical fat fairies come and take some away, so mornings aren't as horrible ;)
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Fridays every 3 weeks or so. I prefer to track my measurements once a month. I find it's better to continually see the inches coming off than worry about why my scale hasn't gone down from last week.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    Once a week on a thursday for me.
    I did do it every day as i was interested in how my weigh changes throughout the day.
    Im cool at once a week now :)
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Personally I do weigh myself every day (or almost every day) at the exact same time in the morning. However, I only offically weigh myself on Monday mornings. I am doing my measurements Sunday nights before bed and the offical weight tracker is on Monday.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I only weigh once a week on Saturday mornings. My husband weighs himself every single day and that means I have to have the willpower to walk by the scale and not hop on it every single time I go in my bathroom. If it were up to me we'd both weigh on Saturday morning and stuff the scale in the closet for the rest of the week :P. It is very discouraging for me to hop on the scale daily and see those daily fluctuations in water weight.
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's unfair to yourself to weigh at night. Food and water has weight. It is best to weigh in the mornings before you start eating for the most realistic number. that night weigh-in is just torturing yourself. Studies have actually shown it is good to weigh daily so you don't get to far out of control before you catch yourself.
  • lilkeens
    lilkeens Posts: 9
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday...sometimes more than once...Most say once per day sometimes I just can't help myself!
  • Troutman
    Troutman Posts: 28
    Options
    I weigh every day. The only number that counts is the weigh in Monday morning. If you can't take the ups & downs don't weigh every day.
  • RebeccaAnne219
    RebeccaAnne219 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning. I wake up, use the bathroom and get on the scale before I hit the shower. Weighing yourself at the same time is key. But like some other people say, don't get caught up on the number... My number hasn't moved in weeks, but my pants sure do fit better, and I was able to put on a skirt I haven't worn in over a year!
  • Madc321
    Madc321 Posts: 6
    Options
    once every 6 weeks. That way you get to feel really good about the progress and dont freak out over minor variations due to water and waste.
  • sexygoodness
    sexygoodness Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday and I take measurements as well .. Got to keep it in check :happy:
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Once before I go to bed, once when I wake up in the morning. It's interesting for me to see how much weight I take on during the day and what my body does while I sleep. It has given me some perspective on fluctuations and has also really taken the pressure and stress away compared to when I weighed more infrequently and expected a straight line.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Monday morning.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Once per week. As others have said it fluctuates daily....e.g. Today I weighed myself before dinner and then after and there was a 3lb difference (trust me, I didn't eat 3lbs of food). I find I am discouraged with such fluctuations so I try my best to only do it once per week at the same time.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Usually every day cuz I like to notice patterns, but once a week (Wednesday mornings) is usually my "official" weigh day.
  • andythecurefan
    andythecurefan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Once a week is good. I know it doesn't truly change from just 1 one day so there is no point. Water + foods can add up to 3 pounds for me. 3 pounds is just around 1200 g so it isn't that much since water alone weigh quite a bit.
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but know going in that the number might fluctuate. I would love to just be able to weigh in once a week, but I'm just so eager to see that number go down that I can't help it!