so the 50 shades of grey trailer is out...

Options

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    50-shades-of-grey_o_373597.jpg
  • mistyrainngurl
    Options
    Some of my friends read the books, and I'm just in the corner playing neopets thinking how I'm too young for all of this

*slowly backs away*
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I hope it's kinkier than the book. Quite the disappointment.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Let me know when they make the Sleeping Beauty series from Anne Rice into a movie. :wink:

Hah I read the first one a few years ago! It was a little ridiculous, but I have to admit that I enjoyed it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

their implication of kink was pulling out a blind fold.

That isn't leaving me hopeful.
  • DarkAngel272
    Options
    The books were a joke. He was a controlling little whiney bi*ch and she was a child. It takes more than handcuffs and a safe word to create a true BSDM relationship.

As for the movie...how could they think they could make this and it live up to the hype? Unless it's NC17 it can't be THAT steamy.

Meh.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I was not that impressed to be honest. and I love that book. Boo i'm sad now
  • feralkitten1010
    Options

And a tie. :sick:
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well the book could of been wrote better but with a lil imagination it got me all hot and bothered... So Im in for the movie even though I would of preferred Charlie too!!
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I want to see it :P I don't find the male lead attractive and it looks pretty dramatic, but I'll give it a try. I loved twilight *sigh* hate the movies though.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Didn't read it, have no interest...

James Spader on the other hand.... Off to find that movie. Love him!!!!
  • DonnaMDaniels
    DonnaMDaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Let me know when they make the Sleeping Beauty series from Anne Rice into a movie. :wink:

I thought i was the only one in the world that had read those!!! THat would be one kinky movie
  • feralkitten1010
    Options
    Didn't read it, have no interest...

James Spader on the other hand.... Off to find that movie. Love him!!!!

The real Mr. Grey. :drinker:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I thought i was the only one in the world that had read those!!! THat would be one kinky movie

I have those sitting on my shelf right now. It would literally be impossible to make those into a movie that wasn't rated X without severely cutting and rewriting them. *sigh*
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

And a tie. :sick:

Ah- I love it. so amusing. What I find REALLY amusing is how incredibly unaware so many people are- thinking that blind folds- ties and a little restraint is hard core. And I'm no expert- because I'm definitely in the "BDSM lite fat free" category... but I know it runs deep- (joke intended) MUCH MUCH deeper than people are willing to admit... so they just accept that a blind and a tie and some basic restraints is sexy bondage time. LOL I wouldn't call it irony- but it does make me chuckle.

I have those sitting on my shelf right now. It would literally be impossible to make those into a movie that wasn't rated X without severely cutting and rewriting them. *sigh*

why can't we just go full blown with it? why do we have to make it R- can't we make it an X movie?

hell they made a Pirates/Pirates II- so they have some money to make some movies- go for it. Can't be worse than that drivel (although those are great drinking movies)
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Check out the movie "Secretary" with James Spader & Maggie Gyllenhall if you like this sort of thing.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    They already did this. It was called "9 1/2 Weeks".
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Horrible. Looks boring. Actors are really average-looking, especially the dude. I have no clue who either of those actors even are. I never read the books all the way through because they were so badly written and I honestly hated the characters, especially Anastasia. It's also a huge misrepresentation of the BDSM lifestyle to the point where it sort of pisses me off. If I want to read some good BDSM, I can get it for free online - and it'll be much better quality and WAY more accurate - and preferably with no women involved. :)

QFT. Except I made the mistake of finishing the books because I thought it might get better...