POLL: Have you ever have a mouse in your house?

Options

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed this thread title wasn't a euphemism.

Yes, we've had mice and wood rats which are waaaaay worse. They straight up eat your house. The cats we had at the rat time were lazy *kitten* so we bought a Rat Zapper. Easy. More humane than most, if not all, other control methods and very, very effective.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    So the results are in...I will tell my wife that there are a gazillion mice out there and only one or two very lucky individuals have not had them.
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    More times than I want to admit, lol
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes. Before we moved to our current house we lived in a very old house in the country (it was actually my grandparents' house built in the '40s). We would get them pretty regularly. The absolute WORST though was one day I was in the back of the house and looked out toward the barn where my sister keeps chickens and ducks. There were RATS running in and out of a hole in the ground and the side of the barn was COVERED with them. It was one of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life because it was literally like something out of a horror movie. Thankfully those suckers preferred all the chicken feed and stayed away from the house but I literally almost DIED.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yes, at my parents' house. We didn't know we had them until my cat brought me one.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes, in my last townhouse where I was renting, I had two. My young cat got the first one and I got the second one. I went to take a shower one night and there was this really cute mouse sitting on top of my soap dish. :huh: Yes, he was cure but that still didn't save him!

I bought my own house not long after and so far, have not seen any. I do have three cats, one of which MAY try to catch a mouse if she saw it. The other two, well...:laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I live trapped him (or her) and relocated the poor thing to an abandoned barn. It was winter and I didn't want her (or him) to die.

:heart:
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My entire street ended up with mice in their homes because an empty field was torn up to build new houses, so all the little field mice that lived in the grass out there decided to move into our crawl spaces and walls.

And I know this because I worked at Lowe's at the time, and saw a bunch of my neighbors come in for pest control stuff.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    LOL yes. how many? probably fewer because the cats used to snuff 'em and leave them as presents for us to find :)
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yeah
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I also found a mouse floating on a sponge in my dishwater one evening. He was so tiny and pitiful :( Knowing that he had fought for his little life to get up on his little life raft made me take pity on him. I caught him in a solo cup and took him out to the field and let him go.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    We catch them in ouchless traps and keep them as pets! My children like to watch them have babies and see them grow. Then eventually we take them to the river and let them loose. Lots of predators out there, so nature takes her course....
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    If a mouse enters my house, i will be out! I am freaked out by them!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yes but they don't last long. either the cat batting it around or they carry it to show off
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    yes, and it was bold enough to sit on my counter eating a carrot staring at me, while i stared back at it holding a wooden spoon. i tried to hit it with the spoon, but it hightailed it down the refrigerator.

days later, my cat came in and brought me the mouse. he promptly ate the mouse, then threw up the mouse and the mouse was inside out. that was one of the grossest things i've ever seen. he then ate the inside out mouse again.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I brought one home with me (unknowingly) in a box from a company warehouse where we shopped for discounted items.
    My cat took care of it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    We catch them in ouchless traps and keep them as pets! My children like to watch them have babies and see them grow. Then eventually we take them to the river and let them loose. Lots of predators out there, so nature takes her course....
    What type of trap do you use? I would love to switch to a kill-free method of extraction...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    What type of trap do you use? I would love to switch to a kill-free method of extraction...

I know that wasn't directed to me, but I use this one at work. It's not good if you catch it over the weekend and the power goes out in the summer. :frown:

Tomcat+Live+Trap.jpg
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    My parents had a mouse come running out of their dishwasher.

We had 2 mice get in the basement through the sump. What follows mice? Yeah, we had a snake come up through the sump after that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I live out in the country. They always try to come in in the fall when it starts to get cold. That's why I have a cat, traps, and mouse bait...