Name some famous people you've seen in real life

Options

Replies

• notcynthia
    Options
    One more self-dating "celebrity"-- Gloria Steinem. She went to Waite High School school in East Toledo with my aunt, and they were close friends. As a 5-year-old, I remember being in enthralled with my aunt, Gloria, and their cadre of popular girls, and I played dress-up in Gloria's ballet tutus. Unfortunately, with that history, it still took me until my 50s to become a feminist! Totally true story.
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ron & Amy Shirley from Lizard Lick Towing
    Hillary Clinton
    John Glenn
    Steve Garvey
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mainly musicians for me....and I have met and spoken with them all.. or just got drunk together haha.. I wouldn't put them on my list if I just "saw them"

Serj Tankian & John Dolyman (System of a Down)
    Sebastian Bach (Skid Row)
    Marilyn Manson
    CCR
    Kerry King & Slayer Band
    Tragically Hip
    Kool and the Gang
    Gordie Johnson (Big Sugar)
    The Roots
    LLoyd Banks
    50 Cent
    DJ Whoo Kid
    The Pack A.D
    Mary Margaret O Hara
    Guns & Roses.. full band
    Danko Jones
    Despised Icon
    Michael Franti & the Spearheads
    Nazareth
    Broken Social Scene
    K-OS
    Kings of Leon
    Ozzy Osbourne & Sharon
    Rob Zombie & Sherri Moon- I actually didnt speak to them, they were walking down the street and I didn't want to run up like a super fan.

Others...

John Mayer
    Oprah Winfrey
    Kim Coates
    Ryan Stiles
    Doug Stanhope
    Jay Cutler (Bodybuilder. Not the baseball player)

and... someone who I was in the same room with but never spoke with.. Queen Elizabeth
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Chuckie Cheese (yeah, be jealous!)
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Chuckie Cheese (yeah, be jealous!)
    Did he bring his whole band of just do a solo set?
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Well... Lets just say he gave me back stage passes.. I stumbled out of that place smelling like pizza and chuckie coins. Man... what a night...
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I think the most random was Susan Sarandon (sp?)

She just walked in front of traffic here in Beverly Hills. Was almost hit, and then stopped to wave and smile when the stopped cars began to honk. It was almost like she was waving to her admiring public, without a clue that people were just angry that a lady was blocking the road. Super weird.

That is really freaky because that was almost exactly how I met Susan Sarandon. She walked face first into my husband's chest while we were walking up 5th Avenue in NYC. Seriously right into his chest. She wasn't looking at a phone or anything, just walking and not paying any attention to where she was going. She was funny and polite about it, but it was really odd.
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mainly musicians for me....and I have met and spoken with them all.. or just got drunk together haha.. I wouldn't put them on my list if I just "saw them"

Serj Tankian & John Dolyman (System of a Down)
    Sebastian Bach (Skid Row)
    Marilyn Manson
    CCR
    Kerry King & Slayer Band
    Tragically Hip
    Kool and the Gang
    Gordie Johnson (Big Sugar)
    The Roots
    LLoyd Banks
    50 Cent
    DJ Whoo Kid
    The Pack A.D
    Mary Margaret O Hara
    Guns & Roses.. full band
    Danko Jones
    Despised Icon
    Michael Franti & the Spearheads
    Nazareth
    Broken Social Scene
    K-OS
    Kings of Leon
    Ozzy Osbourne & Sharon
    Rob Zombie & Sherri Moon- I actually didnt speak to them, they were walking down the street and I didn't want to run up like a super fan.

Others...

John Mayer
    Oprah Winfrey
    Kim Coates
    Ryan Stiles
    Doug Stanhope
    Jay Cutler (Bodybuilder. Not the baseball player)

and... someone who I was in the same room with but never spoke with.. Queen Elizabeth

Jealous that you met kings Of Leon! Adore them so much.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Saw Angelina and Brad Pitt with a couple of their children at Disneyland 9 years ago.
    I don't know if live shows count as real life or not, but been to Brian Reagan and saw Amy Lee (Evanescence) as well.
    I'm also friends with Caleb Warnock and Anita Stansfield (Authors), Peter Porte (actor) and Cherie call (Singer)
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Barry Krauss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Krauss

and Ray_Donaldson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Donaldson

were football coaches of mine.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley at a bar in downtown San Diego

Andre Agassi playing tennis at my ex hubs club

Vincent Jackson at tilted kilt

David hasselhoff walking in Coronado ( San Diego)

Geraldo Rivera walking in NYC

Lindsey Lohan shopping in palm desert ca

Junior seau at a fundraiser hubs and I attended

And I may or may not have made out with a guy in a band once ( uk band)

I wish I had a nickel for every time Ive had THAT happen.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    They were really nice, and surprisingly very short- all of them. Just sat around and had drinks- pretty chill
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In 1980, my political science class at Drake Univ worked at an event that featured Vice President George Bush. The same class worked at an event for astronaut John Glenn.

In 1984, Michael Moore (before he was famous) interviewed me on his radio show in Flint Michigan.

In 1984, my boss was Spencer Abraham, who several years later went on to be U.S. Senator from Michigan.

In 1992, I shared the stage in Las Vegas with Nevada Senator Harry Reid and his primary election challenger, who was named (I swear) "God Almighty." In the election, Reid absolutely crushed God Almighty! LOL

In 2008, I met Cong. Ron Paul in New Orleans.
  • AilinaHavalii
    AilinaHavalii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I took a class on underground comics in college, and Jeph Jacques (creator of Questionable Content), came in to speak, and he signed my first QC book and I got a picture with him. Fangirled over that one for a while.

I met Josh Ruben (from College Humor) at the Woodstock Library Fair a few years back. Got a picture with him too.

I sang onstage with Neil Sedaka at Carnegie Hall many years ago (as part of a children's choir; I'm not that talented).

I kind of met Holly Black (I don't actually read or really know anything about her stuff; a friend of mine dragged me to a book signing because she didn't want to go alone). Cassandra Clare was there too, and I didn't throw anything at her, so I count that as a personal success.

I once had a dream that I ran into Johnny Depp on the street and told him I liked his hat. Does that count?

Otherwise, I think that's pretty much the extent of my encounters with "famous" people. I feel like I'm forgetting something though...
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Akeem Olajuwon - he played for the Houston Rockets - his brother and cousin went to my high school and he picked them up a lot

Princess Diana walked through a store I was in when I lived in England in the late 80's

Waylon Jennings - my cousin - was a lot of fun to watch perform. He was a crack up at family reunions. I miss him a lot!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    So silly...I thought of this thread in the middle of the night. I did attend some concerts and saw:

Exile
    Oak Ridge Boys
    Neil Diamond

And I actuallly met Jeanne C. Riley after she did a show at the county fair (Harper Valley PTA)
  • grimois
    grimois Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've kissed Billy Connolly. Lovely chap.
  • JonDyn
    JonDyn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was close enough to touch stephen fry once O_O
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Outside of concerts, public appearances and sporting events..... Richard Nixon (at an antiwar protest), Nancy Reagan, comedian Alan King, Joe Biden (walked through the capital rotunda when I was there). I drank lemonade with Jane Goodall and took a walk on the beach with her at her house in Tanzania.
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ate breakfast about 10 feet from Quentin Tarantino about 15 years ago. Yes, someone famous actually came to Ohio....ON PURPOSE!

Met Sterling Marlin (NASCAR) about 11 years ago. I was pregnant with my son and he signed my shirt and put his hand on my belly and smiled.

That'll do.