What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh soooo many lately.

1. I am officially a size 8 - and confirmed it by trying on a few different brands. The size 12 shorts i brought on May 24, are baggy needing a belt and the size 14 jeans i bought in Dec are ridiculously too big.

2. My waist at the smallest part measures 29" - that blows my mind since it started at 43"

3. I own a bikini - haven't owned one of those in 22 years - now i just need to get confidence to wear it outside LMAO.

4. A male family member saw me for the first time in a year and he just looked at me then said - you've lost weight. *insert shocked expression here*
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Not only the ubiquitous "my certain pants finally zipped", but I find I'm actually looking forward to going to the gym and lifting weights. Me. A total fat girl. I never would have guessed that would be the case, but always hoped.
  • harmznz
    harmznz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym now. Its the first thing on my mind when I wakeup! Ive lost 9kgs in 9 weeks....my motivation to keep going.:heart:
  • Mbierschbach
    Mbierschbach Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had to get a 18 34/35 Slim Fit dress shirt altered - in the good way! Working out has always kept me in an 18" neck, I have broad shoulders but as my waist has kept getting smaller even a slim fit looks ridiculous. Once I get into a neck size that fits, I have 4" of underarm sail all bunched up into my belt. I got 2" taken out of each side and it looks great now!

Now off to fork over the money for the rest of my shirts so ALL my clothes can actually fit.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    This may seem silly. I grabbed a handful of grapes this morning while packing my lunch. I put a few back then weighed them. I had 100g on the nose. I was so proud of myself and that I am getting better at gauging a single serving.
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A friend sent me a Facebook message last night with a picture from 2012. She said, "You don't look like the same person anymore." I told her I used a cropped version of that photo as my "Before" pic and refer to it when I need I reminder of why I do this.
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    congrats! That's awesome!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've had to get rid of my 3XL shirts. I'm now officially a 2XLT kind of guy! I don't have as many shirts but, I do like 'em smaller!
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i just bought a pair of awesome shorts last week that i've been wearing pretty much every day, for one because they are the only shorts i own that fit and two, because they are really super cute. well, i had bought them at a thrift store, and today the button popped off. but i love them and i don't want to stop wearing them, so i went to see if i had a belt or something. i reluctantly grabbed the belt that i couldn't even buckle around the smallest part of my waist just 3 months ago, and it actually fit! around the largest part of my waist! ahhhh! i've been tape measuring, but when you can quantify it with something in the real world, not just numbers its so much more meaningful.
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In the last 2 days, I've gotten

"You look great!"
    "You can really tell that you've lost a lot of weight."
    "You look so different from when we first met."
  • BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Buying skinny jeans the end of June. Didn't wear them til yesterday. Skinny jeans aren't supposed to be baggy.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I am comfortably wearing a pair of shorts today that were so tight in the hips/butt they felt like they were gonna rip if I moved, and I could barely button them 3 months ago. :)
  • AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I normally have to lean seat back in car after wife or son drives it to fit the GUT. Didn't have to today
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm a typical pear shape, tiny waist, big hips. Well, this morning a skirt that I wear that I can normally only put on over my head came up over my hips!! Its was a teeny bit if a squeeze, but I'll take it!!

\o/
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have three:

1. I had to punch a new hole in a belt today. I know everyone says this, but this was my skinny belt from when I lost weight the first time (I had put on 10-15 lbs over the winter and have just now taken it off again). My waist is now officially smaller than it has ever been in my adult life!

2. After losing 12 lbs in two months and having no one notice, I’ve had three people mention how good I’m looking in the last three days. I know it shouldn’t matter too much, but it feels good.

3. One of the above people told me that I’ve inspired him to get into better shape (even though he’s already pretty trim).
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I learned today that the average pace for a 40 yo female running a 5k is slower than my (so far) average 5k pace...psyched!

http://www.pace-calculator.com/average-5k-pace-by-age-sex.php
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!