Marry for Money not Love

Options

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Mr. Darcy soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien, and the report which was in general circulation within five minutes after his entrance, of his having ten thousand a year. The gentlemen pronounced him to be a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Mr. Bingley, and he was looked at with great admiration for about half the evening, till his manners gave a disgust which turned the tide of his popularity; for he was discovered to be proud; to be above his company, and above being pleased; and not all his large estate in Derbyshire could then save him from having a most forbidding, disagreeable countenance, and being unworthy to be compared with his friend.
  • pnkpassion
    pnkpassion Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My Hunni is not Rich but not Poor. And we live healthy, happy and blessed.
    Plus its 2014--double incomes make a happy life!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why can't a woman find both? Are these things necessarily mutually exclusive? Are wealthy men inherently unlovable, while less well-off men are the ultimate in lovey-dovey perfection?
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OH! That's what I'm doing wrong. Noted.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I know of great guys out there -- journalists, teachers, non-profit dudes -- who will probably make great dads. But I personally wouldn't wouldn't advise women pair up with them because, realistically, his salaries just wouldn't be enough to cut it for what they want out of life.

My salary is enough for what my child and I want out of life. I don't need a man to provide anything money can buy. Except maybe sex. I don't like paying for sex.

^^This. I hate paying for sex.

I am "single" in the marital sense and provide just fine for Shiloh, Miss Pickles, Benjamin, mini and me.

<
    Having this guy in my life, and not his money, is just a bonus...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Wait, are we drinking? It's not noon yet here. Can I go ahead and have a beer? Or would that be wrong? *rubs hands together nervously and twitches*

YES!!
    girly-gestures.gif

I'm never getting married anyway because my goal is to be her.^^^ No luck as of yet, nobody ever helps me clean when I sing... not even a dang beetle... I do have a rabbit friend though
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Teachers can make a lot of money in the right district. Marry those ones.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    women work too you do know that right sure they dont work as hard as men and whine about it all day long but ............

Angry-Leslie-Knope-Parks-and-Recreation.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    women work too you do know that right sure they dont work as hard as men and whine about it all day long but ............

So, we all know not to marry this guy.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Mr. Darcy soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien, and the report which was in general circulation within five minutes after his entrance, of his having ten thousand a year. The gentlemen pronounced him to be a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Mr. Bingley, and he was looked at with great admiration for about half the evening, till his manners gave a disgust which turned the tide of his popularity; for he was discovered to be proud; to be above his company, and above being pleased; and not all his large estate in Derbyshire could then save him from having a most forbidding, disagreeable countenance, and being unworthy to be compared with his friend.

Sounds hot.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Good plan.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    All the money could not change the fact that he is a douch if he is or keep me at his side if he cheats... so money as long as he is independent (meaning I won't be taking care of him) doesn't matter to me... nor do I expect for him to take care of me financially...
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    See I married for love, but then although he's on a good wage I earn more. Will have to ask him!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there's an appropriate gif for this...
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Not Jane Austin but.......

""If you do not believe that hearts can bloom suddenly bigger, and that love can open like a flower out of even the hardest places, then I am afraid that for you the road will be long and brown and barren, and you will have trouble finding the light.

But if you do believe, then you already know all about magic."
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Is this where I sign up to be a sugar daddy?
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Honey, I think you are taking the biker thing too far.
    Are you drunk still?

this made me lol
  • JessieMin
    JessieMin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since when does a man have to provide for a woman?

If both work and support themselves, and they can both put a little aside for a child, then what more do you need? I don't expect or want a man to support me. I think I might become a paranoid wreck if one ever did! hahha
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I know of great guys out there -- journalists, teachers, non-profit dudes -- who will probably make great dads. But I personally wouldn't wouldn't advise women pair up with them because, realistically, his salaries just wouldn't be enough to cut it for what they want out of life.

My salary is enough for what my child and I want out of life. I don't need a man to provide anything money can buy. Except maybe sex. I don't like paying for sex.

^^This. I hate paying for sex.

I am "single" in the marital sense and provide just fine for Shiloh, Miss Pickles, Benjamin, mini and me.

<
    Having this guy in my life, and not his money, is just a bonus...

Well said. :flowerforyou: