Poop

Options

Replies

• ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with IBS most of my life. I find that Magnesium Citrate and a probiotic are my perfect combo. I use Nature Made Magnesium Citrate (500 mg) and a multi-strain probiotic every night. Since I started this, my digestive issues have really become much easier to predict and regulate.

Still, since you're on meds, I would suggest speaking with a doctor--the meds they have you on may not be the right ones for your body and other options would help. Plus, you'd want to be sure that anything you would try (supplement wise) would be okay with what you're currently taking.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Something about the title drew me in. I like to poop.

I'm a daily pooper, yay. Used to be a maybe once a week pooper, ouch.

I found that getting up way too early and drinking a hot cup of coffee EVERY single day at the same exact time has made me a regular guy.

Things that throw me off balance, cheese, milk duds, not being able to relax while drinking my coffee (wife wont hush).

Good luck OP, it is uncomfortable to not be regular, I know.

ps. Early on, when I got desperate I started using miralax every day until things started moving.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just posting here so it shows up on my feed!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I had an oil change last year and the guy working in the pit wrote POOP on the bottom of my car in oil... Jerk.

For me, morning cigarette and coffee does it.

Be careful with extra fiber, it tends to make me bloat and causes painful, excruciating digestive issues.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Coffee and cigarettes always got the job done.

and Mexican food..
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Three letters for ya K - F - C. Or Kentucky Fried Chicken.. 1 to 2 hours and BOOM.
  • alyana1
    alyana1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm having this issue, also have ibs and a gluten intolerance. Eating loads of fibre, fruit, drinking water loads but I've just bloated enough to gain 5lbs. I might resort to laxatives later but it's going to be very painful, but being at day 4 of feeling like this is horrid. And I've ran 4 x 5Ks this week and it's not helped!! I could actually cry.

I've been eating around 1300 kcals but have eaten about 1600 after running once this week.

Frustrating. The balance of IBS or constipation is awful.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Coffee, cigarette, and magnesium the night before.
  • LoriF327
    LoriF327 Posts: 2
    Options
    Could be a magnesium deficiency. A lot of people have that. Magnesium helps me.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    There is something in apples that will help with regularity. Also strong coffee and walking helps.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP, how much actual fiber are you getting?

The only other thing besides going to the doctor or a dietitian, is raising your cals and making sure you are eating enough fats.

Why are you at 1200 again? If you've got only 20lbs more to go, maybe switch that to 0.5lb/week loss and start working towards maintenance.
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I ate meat I didn't go everyday.... now that I'm vegan I go every morning like clockwork.
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I cannot pass a subject like this.

Joking aside drinking plenty of water helps also genetics can have something to do with how and when you go, I never go every day even if I eat prunes and curry.

Like someone else said as long as you go regular that is what matters.
  • JennyCallanan
    JennyCallanan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, sugar free gummy bears.
    she asked to poop, not have explosive diarrhea

OP, i find i can never drop the kids off first thing in the morning, i usually have to wait until after work to unleash the kraken

(insert 3rd poop related humorous statement here)

hahah your response to this is hilarious lol
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

OP, i find i can never drop the kids off first thing in the morning, i usually have to wait until after work to unleash the kraken

(insert 3rd poop related humorous statement here)

HAHA! This made me think of the reviews on amazon about those gummy bears. Hilarious!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Does blending the fruit and veggies into liquid destroy the fibre they contain?

Juicing does remove some of the fiber. You're actually better off eating raw vegetable and fruit than juicing if you want more fiber in your diet. They also fill you up more than juice and have fewer calories.

I'm on 1200 calories, too, and have a similar problem. It stems from my inability to relax in the mornings, from way back when I had young kids at home that I had to get off to school (similar to another poster). I had a thread a while back asking about cleanses because I was worried about it, and someone sent me a link saying that for some people it's normal for some people to go every 2-3 days. I take 5 psyllium capsules and a probiotic every day and that has helped. Also, if I have coffee and bacon, that does the trick, although as someone who is supposed to be eating 1200 healthy calories, bacon is not supposed to be "on plan." However, it's only 80 calories for 2 slices. Make a BLT on whole wheat bread or sprinkle some bacon on a salad, and see how it goes :)
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1200 is nothing. Secondly.........eat two prunes every morning.
    how can i train my body to poop every morning? im taking align probiotics, drinking a HUGE fruit and veggie packed smoothie every day with added fibre supplement, and about 1/2cup 90% lactose free probiotic yogurt, and im still not pooping daily. whyyy?
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options

^ This will definitely work
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options

^ This will definitely work :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member