What is your favorite spice or food additive?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Sweet Basil is my favorite.

And garlic goes in very nearly everything I make.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    salt.

I like lots of different spices and seasonings, but I can't really do without salt.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Valentina hot sauce
  • mspianomistress
    Options
    I thought of another one. Sweet leaf drops! I sweeten everything with them lately. Coffee, oatmeal, cereal, etc. They come in many different flavors. It's a natural zero calorie sweetener!
  • carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just discovered Trader Joe's 21 salute seasoning. No salt and awesome in everything. I love using it with cucumber, tomatoes, a splash of vinegar and olive oil. Just toss the seasoning all over and yum!

Totally agree!! I put it on meat and cooked veggies - yummy!!!
  • mdavis0621
    mdavis0621 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There is a chipotle olive oil sold locally, it is very potent. I am working to keep my fat intake at what it should be so it gets added (in 1 tsp quantities) to all sorts of food.
  • janice11900
    Options
    love all kinds of fresh herbs....chives, rosemary, thyme really add nice flavors to all meals..but I like my spicy too!! cajun , creole but have to watch sodium intake with those..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Fresh fresh basil. I'm talking from my garden levels of fresh. I'm talking, be right back, I am stepping outside and coming back with basil levels of fresh. Everything is better with basil.

Totally!

I don't grow it currently so for the me the best I can do is ethnic market 2 blocks away where they're ripping apart sprigs and putting them in bags and I buy a bag every week. Deliciousness.
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A few favorites: Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning, lime juice, chipotles in adobo, toasted flax seeds, chile-infused vinegars.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Cardamom, scotch bonnet pepper, curry powder, safflower oil, and cinnamon. tbh
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Hing or asafetida. If you ever wondered why your curry wasn't as good as the restaurant....this may be why. The ammoniacal is a flavor profile we don't use much in the West.
    Also 8 crystals of MSG improve saltiness without table salt.
    Curry leaves. Kaffir lime leaves, calamansit, fish sauce
    Nutmeg
    Impossible to choose