ICE CREAM

Options

Replies

• ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    Icecream will forever remind me of when I went downhill and depressed overnight. It was all I consumed the first two months of being depressed.

Do I still crave it? No. I don't even think about that food. But it sure tastes darn good as a shake and that was how I put on so much weight the first few months. Luckily I never became diabetic.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Milano salted pretzel slice with 17g of Turkey Hill butter brickle ice cream. That was 86 calories (47 for the cookie and 39 for the ice cream) and it was delicious! It was requested by one of my friends that I do this and report back to her, and I'm a good friend. :wink:

9cb8d598-04a7-4f3d-8178-f6cb6e766e0c_zpsdbd66300.jpg

... :love:

Reality check.

Third world country. No fancy low cal ice creams. Except the fruity pops that taste like nothing.... :noway:

It's not really low cal. 150 cals per serving. But sometimes I'll just take a spoonful and eat it off the spoon if I don't have room for a full serving. I've always loved ice cream, but now I love a little less of it. :smile:

I want to eat a little less... Of chocolate... But damn I love me some Lindt truffles :tongue:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Reality check.

Third world country. No fancy low cal ice creams. Except the fruity pops that taste like nothing.... :noway:

There you go. I wasn't obsessed with ice cream/gelato until I tried the "fancy" stuff. A tub of regular ice cream will sit in my fridge untouched for weeks. But I'll eat Talenti every.single.night.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Icecream will forever remind me of when I went downhill and depressed overnight. It was all I consumed the first two months of being depressed.

Do I still crave it? No. I don't even think about that food. But it sure tastes darn good as a shake and that was how I put on so much weight the first few months. Luckily I never became diabetic.

:flowerforyou: sorry about that...good that you are on a healthier path. Want a cookie instead? **holds out cookie**
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Did someone say.........

ManzielIceCream_zps5673c589.gif
  • mommy22alyns
    mommy22alyns Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's summer! Who doesn't want ice cream in July? I have made sure to save myself some calories for a little ice cream cup after dinner.
  • Serah87
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Leana93412
    Options

Reality check.

There you go. I wasn't obsessed with ice cream/gelato until I tried the "fancy" stuff. A tub of regular ice cream will sit in my fridge untouched for weeks. But I'll eat Talenti every.single.night.

Sounds great. Unfortunately I doubt we will be able to find it here. But oh well. Overall I'd much rather eat the full fat regular ice creams than that fruity watery c***. Lol
  • Leana93412
    Options
    giphy.gif

That is creepy! Lol!

:indifferent:
  • Leana93412
    Options
    It's summer! Who doesn't want ice cream in July? I have made sure to save myself some calories for a little ice cream cup after dinner.

Because where I live its winter now. Lol
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love ice cream but find it so difficult to only eat 1/2 cup, especially when you have a pint.
  • rainjohnson10
    Options
    I love me my ice cream...
    Why? because I live in Texas.
    And I haven't gotten paid to go get any other frozen treats.
    because that candy bar will melt in the time it takes me to get home
    and that cookie will tempt me to eat more of them.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    For me, I see "Ice Cream" as a metaphor of sorts, the banner of "IIFYM." It's the battle cry that woke me up to the realization that, sure, eating my lean chicken breasts and salads are beneficial to losing weight (I can eat "a lot" for relatively lower calorie), but dang, sometimes we need something indulgent. We make it fit, moderate amounts, pre-logged and pre-planned. "Dieting" does not have to mean saying no to our little indulgent treats.

For me, my "ice cream" is a McDonald's hamburger or a Taco Bell taco. I know, there's "better" tasting choices of treat food, but those are mine. I eat them (one at a sitting), fit them in my daily goal, and I lose weight and stay healthy just fine.

OP--Oh, and if you ever do find "gelato" near you, pick up every pint you care to buy. It IS definitely an experience above plain ol' ice cream. It's very, very special. Just a little scoop is all you need--SOOOO decadent.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why. I just had some sugar free ice cream with honey graham cracker topping. I was so frustrated with my diet, and I think that actually brought me back to my senses. :laugh:

I'd bet the majority of us ice cream lovers are women. :laugh:

:laugh: I just find it so funny that I always see people enjoying their ice cream but I hardly ever read about someone eating a few cookies and milk. :ohwell: Must be a new macro set by the iifym team :tongue: you must have a daily allotment of ice cream with your carbs protein and fat :laugh:

HAHAHAHAH! MFP: Fat? CHECK! Carbs? CHECK! Protein? CHECK! Ice Cream? CHECK!
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

I'm actually quite jealous of this person in this GIF. :explode: :grumble: :sad:
  • TomShira
    TomShira Posts: 2
    Options
    How about weight watchers "Raspberry and dark chocolate Popsicle ice cream bar ! The best !! (and mini oreo's :) )
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lq4w1nNTgN1r1f7ddo1_500.gif
  • blue__hydrangea
    Options
    Because it's yummy.

That being said, I also think brownies, cupcakes, donuts, & reese's cups are yummy.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Because where I live its winter now. Lol

winter doesn't faze me. ice cream is delicious year round.
  • Serah87
    Options
    Because it's yummy.

That being said, I also think brownies, cupcakes, donuts, & reese's cups are yummy.

60786-Cupcake-Gif.gif

tumblr_lv1nvtLa731r5qrimo1_400.gif

gifs-animados-brownies-8131482.jpg