Girl Scout Cookie Season...

Options
124»

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would just not get them at all. Too easy to end up cheating or eating more than you want. They are only available for a couple weeks so once you miss that window, you wait a year.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My granddaugher is a girl scout, so of course she wants to sell cookies to grandma. I don't like them (cookies in general) or eat them, so I buy a couple of boxes for my brother and I donate several boxes for the soldiers or for a woman shelter.

I feel good for the donation, and I ask that I may be forgiven for making somebody else eat them. I wish the girl scouts would sell more healthy stuff but I appreciate the chance to make other people happy.
  • 4myfam
    4myfam Posts: 2
    Options
    I got my call today from our friends down the street to see if I would be home tomorrow and she would run over so I can order some. I jumped online to try to research which ones are "better" for me. Seems like they all are about 150 cals/serving. I LOVE the Somoas/Carmel delights. The problem is that nobody else in my family likes them, so the entire box ends up being MINE. Last year I was able to make them last a long time. I have put them in the freezer in the past. I like the idea of dividing into serving sizes. If I do that and then freeze them, it will be much more difficult to eat 4 or 6 in one setting.:smile:
  • Sunshine0107
    Options
    Mmmmm, Girl Scout cookies. I can't wait! I refuse to deprive myself of foods I enjoy, I just eat them in moderation. It hasn't hindered my weightloss at all, so I don't think it is that big of a deal.
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    I too love samoas...BUT I have found that the new Fiber Plus bar caramel coconut fudge is a dead ringer for a samoa!!! Imagine the joy I had at first bite!!! It was super de duper yummy!!!!:love: Give those suckers a try I can honestly say I am officially hooked on them now!!:blushing:

Tried these last night. SO GOOD! I'm so happy to have found them. :happy:
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    They take donations to send cookies to the troops. I have no willpower and can't have them in the house. I just hand over $10 or $20 and wish them the best.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 2 boxes of Samoas!! My favorite! My son loves them too, so hopefully he will eat the majority of them. But I will have to try the Fiber Bars I read about!!
  • rbcool
    rbcool Posts: 20
    Options
    " don't do it Ms. Celie ", don't do it " !!!!
  • rbcool
    Options
    Those Samoas pack a powerful punch . I used to finish off almost a whole pack at one sitting ! But you may be a better wrestler than I. I'm just a wus when it comes to girl scout cookies. lol
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I was tag teamed, lol !

Caved and bought 2 boxes from my old bosses daughter. Then when the neighbor rang the doorbell the other day, I proudly answered "I'm sorry but I already bought at work". And then that's when I learned about donating a box. Which of course I did. :flowerforyou:
  • rbcool
    Options
    Tagged teamed you were , but not down for the count girl. You won the match !!! lol: :drinker: