Protein farts!

Options
124»

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    to be honest, when im eating alot of protein and clean eating I have ALOT LESS gas then when im eating crap.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I had this issue when I was on the protein powders, it was totally, utterly obnoxious, never known such a stench.
    It really seemed to come into it's own when I was jogging on the treadmill or on the elliptical. Smell of rotten eggs, basically. I was also having a lot of fish, cottage cheese and eggs at that time, and the issue has not been there since I cut the protein powder and some of the fish I was having. I don't think loads of protein is necessarily a good thing if the body cannot deal with processing it all.

Are the protein powders from whey? Un-predigested milk proteins (ie not from hard cheeses or yogourts) do it to me every time. I don't have a problem with other sources of protein such as beans, eggs, etc.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    as bad as they are, do not do them in a hot shower....
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Be proud and revel in the awesomeness :laugh:

My policy ^^
  • Wilconqr
    Wilconqr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOL...have to respond to this!!

Yesterday evening I did my usual 65 minutes of cardio on an elliptical then took a break to drink my usual whey protein shake. My intention was to go back and get another 30 minutes or so. I mounted the machine for the next round; however, after drinking my healthy mix the ole butt trumpet started blasting notes! If the wellness center would have been full of guys, I would not have cared. But with it being full of girls I decided to get off and go shower instead.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Haha I love it, I swear mine have laughing gas in them because they always get me in hysterics!
  • ReenieReenie05
    ReenieReenie05 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ha im having this very same problem!! my hubby is disgusted with me LOL I was blaming my cottage cheese .. but now that I think about it more .. I have been over in my daily intake for PROTEIN the past couple of weeks ... ha who'd of thought that was the reason behind the tooting? lol NOT ME! obviously hahaha let us all revel in our PROTEIN AWESOMENESSSS!! :laugh:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    LOL...have to respond to this!!

Yesterday evening I did my usual 65 minutes of cardio on an elliptical then took a break to drink my usual whey protein shake. My intention was to go back and get another 30 minutes or so. I mounted the machine for the next round; however, after drinking my healthy mix the ole butt trumpet started blasting notes! If the wellness center would have been full of guys, I would not have cared. But with it being full of girls I decided to get off and go shower instead.

I am laughing so hard I have tears! I see butt trumpet blasting notes as a new phrase for me. Mine happen when I am cycling. So when I am tired and heading uphill I get a blast and its like rocket thrust! .
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If you eat a lot of protein, odds are you know what I'm talking about. That disgusting, foul smell that can clear out a five mile radius caused by a high protein diet. At first I thought it was the dairy (whey protein) but then I went vegan and switched to a vegan protein powder, yet the problem persists.

Does anyone know how to reduce the potency of this legendary gas?

Hasn't happened to me.

When you make a smoothie, you're incorporating a lot of air when you blend it. Air you swallow is going to come out one end or the other!:laugh:
  • karennuble
    karennuble Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Candi_land wrote: »
    I eat a lot of protein and am proud of my raunchy farts.

My partner like to sniff them hehehe , he will ask me to tell him when I need to fart then
    but his nose there , I am very gassy most of the time so he is very happy most of the time
    he likes the airy silent hot ones that really stink
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    mbajrami wrote: »
    Hazard of a high protein diet. My boyfriend is like, OMG STOP! But then I tell him that's how I show my affection and not to resist my methane cuddles. Then I give him a romantic dutch oven and slap him on the *kitten*.

Same same- I keep us warm at night with my methane cuddles. Cheaper than PSE and G.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    karennuble wrote: »
    Candi_land wrote: »
    I eat a lot of protein and am proud of my raunchy farts.

My partner like to sniff them hehehe , he will ask me to tell him when I need to fart then
    but his nose there , I am very gassy most of the time so he is very happy most of the time
    he likes the airy silent hot ones that really stink

Really? That's called Eproctophilia
    I know a few people like that. To each his own :grimace: