Anything I can do about this woman?

Options

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So I've actually had this kind of thing happen to me and the story is absolutely crazy.

So my boyfriend lives in a nice sub division that I love to run around. It's currently in development, and the main road to connect the two divisions (maybe half a mile) is always torn up so there's no sidewalk. EVERY morning this white G6 would get close to me, would HONK, etc. The sad part was, she had all those stick figures so she was a mother! I called the cops and they would sit out there, but we'd meet at different parts/ I can't expect the cops to always be around for me/ etc so nothing really happened. I guess one time he did stop her saying there was a complaint against her car, which made things worse because she knew it was me. She was/ is my number one enemy.

ANYWAY I was walking into Kroger and in the parking lot I saw it. That damn G6. So I wait like a crazy person near her car until I see her come out with 2 little girls. As she's loading her groceries into her trunk I come up and ask "excuse me' and when she turns around she has this confused look and then her eyes change and it's like, fear.

So I say "Hi, my name is Cardio4Cupcakes and I believe we often cross paths on (road name) in the mornings. I understand that it's a road and you're in a car and that's where you belong, but due to there being no sidewalks I have no choice but to run on the side. I'm not sure if you just haven't seen me running for the past 4 weeks but everyone else can move over but you never do. Please be considerate next time you come up on me and just give me some space, it takes less than a second for you to veer to the left and then we're both on our ways."

So she just glares at me and I walk into the store.

The next day she doesn't move over and never does but now there's sidewalks so whatever.

I still hate that b*tch.

Were you walking on the right hand side of the road? If she "honks" at you she's probably giving you a heads up because you're on the wrong side of the road and can't see her coming (I wonder this because you said you see all those stick figures on the back of her car).

I am flabbergasted that people don't know what side of the road to walk on.

I was on the right side of the road (like facing oncoming traffic). I knew she has those figures because I turned around to try and catch her plate (white G6 is a pretty common car and I didn't want the cops to pull over the wrong person ya know)
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Go out early before she gets there. Position your car across the road and put the hood up. Hide in the bushes beside the road. When she is forced to stop for your disabled vehicle, come out of the bushes, and kill her. Roll her car off the side of the road, lower your hood, and drive home. Begin your run, discover the vehicle off the road, and call the cops. They would never suspect you , since you actually called it in.

Sell me the movie rights.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Go out early before she gets there. Position your car across the road and put the hood up. Hide in the bushes beside the road. When she is forced to stop for your disabled vehicle, come out of the bushes, and kill her. Roll her car off the side of the road, lower your hood, and drive home. Begin your run, discover the vehicle off the road, and call the cops. They would never suspect you , since you actually called it in.

this is brilliant.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    No idea if anyone's said this yet, but run with a Go-Pro camera (if you have the means to get one) clearly visible. If people know they're being recorded, they'll behave. And if she's too dumb to figure it out, turn the footage over to the police, who may or may not be able to do anything about it. Good luck OP!
  • srslybritt
    Options

Or this, killing her is reasonable too.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    53109827.jpg
  • srslybritt
    Options
    Go out for your jog like usual, then when she passes really close, dramatically fall onto the grass and pretend like she hit you. If she doesn't stop, then maybe you should just avoid her altogether, since she wouldn't seem to care if she hurt you at that point.

But, if she stops (which she hopefully would), and goes over to you: play dead as long as possible, until she gets out her phone and starts to call 9-1-1, then spring to life, shout something at her like, "YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D!!!" and then run away.

PLEASE DO THIS. Hahaha...

Winning response from what I've read so far.
  • lkhaycook
    lkhaycook Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs MFP peeps!

We've had this happen sometimes and my husband has hit the back of the car with his hand. Of course, he is a cop and not afraid of a little confrontation.

I carry a very bright Niterider Bike Light which is securely wrapped to my dog's leash so I don't have to carry it (I hate carrying something with hot, sweaty hands) but is within hand's reach. It has a couple different brightness options including a blinking one and I keep it pointed down but will swing it up to eye level to get a car's attention and, if they still don't seem to get a clue, I don't mind keep pointing it in their direction. It has a way of slowing people down. I also have a Tuvizo reflective vest that is very lightweight to throw on top of anything I am wearing (can be adjusted to fit over both summer & winter gear).
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just break up

or see if IFYM

Is this where I put the link to sexypants?
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    what about calling the police to see what they advise? Maybe they would be willing to set up radar if you let them know speeding cars are a concern. This may deter some of the speeders. I live on a fairly narrow road without much of a shoulder- most people are able to slow down and move over enough, but I have had some close calls and generally jump off into the grass/woods. I have flipped off one guy, but it didn't seem to do much lol. Good luck

I like this idea! They would probably love a chance to write some tickets! :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Like others said I would get a plate number and call the police.

I live in a residental neighborhood (25 mph zone) and have had a problem from time to time. Last week it was the same car 3 days in a row almost hit me, on the 3rd day I punched the back of her car and yelled some things that would make a drunken sailor proud. She stopped and told me she never saw me...I noticed her phone in her hand while we "talked". She came off a dead end street so it would be no problem finding her. I told her to put her f'ing phone down and pay attention, now she waves and moves all the way to the other side of the street. Monday it was a mustang coming down my street at like 40, we have 15 houses on our dead end street where the hell was he going. He got out of the car in a neighbors driveway and I yelled yeah there is no need to drive that fast on this street there are lots of kids who run here in the morning, as a matter of fact my daughter was with me. He mumbled something and I said "what I didn't hear you". He then said "yes ma'am I understand". When he went in the house my daughter said he had a gun, I was like what? I didn't have my glasses on LOL. Sure enough he came back out and I noticed the police emblem on his shirt LOL so he definitely should have known better. The last couple days, he's come down the street at like 10 mph. Sometimes people are in their own little world and have no clue that they are doing, and sometimes they are just freaking idiots.

There is a house just down the road from me that is for sale. I think you'd love it!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    53109827.jpg

Exactly. Go to the photo counter at CVS and get this printed on card stock.

Troll her.

Then maybe get one of those "Wrong Turn"-esque chain link tire poppers and toss it about 100 feet ahead of where she normally passes you.
  • MichelleTwidwell
    Options
    I think taking her picture is a great idea too.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Go out for your jog like usual, then when she passes really close, dramatically fall onto the grass and pretend like she hit you. If she doesn't stop, then maybe you should just avoid her altogether, since she wouldn't seem to care if she hurt you at that point.

But, if she stops (which she hopefully would), and goes over to you: play dead as long as possible, until she gets out her phone and starts to call 9-1-1, then spring to life, shout something at her like, "YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D!!!" and then run away.

PLEASE DO THIS. Hahaha...

Winning response from what I've read so far.

Brilliant!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i'm lovin option 6!

This is also my favorite.

Realistically, I would get the plate number, possibly the photo and call the police. Maybe even a photo every day it happens just to document the consistency of her disregard. Does your husband have the same problem on his days? If so, have him document it too.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would contact the local police dept. and give them a description of the lady and the vehicle. Ask if they could set up a "speed" trap near where you two cross paths each day. Maybe they'll catch her in the act.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    keep-calm-cause-guns-solve-everything.png
  • JoanneP1369
    JoanneP1369 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Nothing useful to add, but some of these suggestions are just sooo funny.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You could get a shoulder holster with a toy pistol.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    This may seem a little OT but what are you wearing while you're running? I don't want to defend some ignorant aggressive driver but.....how visible are you? (I'm a little paranoid about being seen, if I'm running along the roadside in poor visibility / low light I have an LED headlamp on flash mode and reflective gear)

I'd also second the other suggestion of reporting this person to the police.
    Run against traffic. It's safer, you can see the cars coming towards you and it will solve your *kitten* problem.

It sounds like the OP is already doing this (my inner Sherlock Holmes figured his out based on the "dog to the left of me".....)

That and the "I look at the face of every driver....."