Negative Language About Thin People

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I blame men for everything & I can't wait to be called a skinny b*tch.

Amirite or Amirite?

I blame pickles. Evil zombie cucumbers!

tumblr_m5flxo5Zgb1qa55qw.gif
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options

But since, as you said yourself, it's not socially acceptable, how can you blame society for it? You're saying that these websites exist, so that proves men are jerks, but also saying that they're an underground sub-culture that isn't socially acceptable. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

If your entire point is that not 100% of men are nice, and you can prove that because one hateful website that NO ONE cares about exists, can we please move on?

Like I said before, stop hanging out with *kitten* and then blaming men for it. Those aren't men. Those are misogynistic little boys who belong in prison. Real men support women, regardless of their weight.

It's not acceptable and they get reamed for it. It doesn't mean it's not rampant even if it is underground. I don't hang out with *kitten* in general. You're missing the point.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It goes both ways. If you're overweight, you're disgusting. If you're thin or underweight, you're disgusting. Men seem to focus on making life hell for bigger women (other women do too) and women focus on making life hell for smaller ones.

Oh what the hell ever. Few men are out there making life hell for big chicks. You're ridiculous.

Actually there's a whole subculture of men who perpetuate hate for women in general. It's just since it's not socially acceptable it's kept underground. I've been privvy to a few conversations myself with men who I thought were decent guys... got a little too comfortable around me and started showing their inner self. Hell, take a look at the website www.returnofkings.com or any PUA website.

Actually, I'm going to allow you to reread this and figure out why it does not support your original assertion. With a bit of luck you will find it asinine and irrelevant too.

You said "few men" my point was there's more than just a "few" :flowerforyou:

Subculture = a few people. At least it does in my world. :ohwell:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It goes both ways. If you're overweight, you're disgusting. If you're thin or underweight, you're disgusting. Men seem to focus on making life hell for bigger women

If you believe that's true, you need to hang around better quality men.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It is something I noticed as I started losing more weight and becoming fitter. It used to bother me, now I just sashay my sexy *kitten* right past them with a smirk.
    I love it! Can't wait 'til I can do that myself.
    don't throw men under the bus. We're not making life hell for bigger women. We are celebrating them, encouraging them, laughing with them, dating them, and marrying them.
    Where can I find me one of them?
    It's a lot of pressure for women who share the same race as myself, to lose their tummy, arms, back fat, and double chins, while keeping a plump bottom, large or average size breasts, and huge legs. That's all these rappers talk about
    "same race"? You mean human?
    And who cares what some "musicians" talk about. Their opinions are irrelevant.
    What matters is what you want for yourself, and to some degree what your loved one enjoys.
    Few men are out there making life hell for big chicks
    Other than my last boyfriend, I've only ever had one man say anything _positive_ about me while I've been fat, and it was the "meat is for men, bones are for dogs" comment.
    And even when I get to my healthy goal weight, there's no way I'll be skinny / bony, because I'm just built big. I'll always have curves in all the right places, just less of them & with more muscle.
    I'm looking forward to learning to deal with positive attention from men.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Every woman on earth has experienced it.

Untrue. No one has ever made either of those types of comments towards me. Not when I was a skinny b*tch, not when I was obese, and not now that I am thin again.
    Probably because you are a pleasant person, would be my guest.

The thing is also, if you are kind to people if you smile if you treat the world with respect...
    They are going to have a LOT less to say about your appearance.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    It goes both ways. If you're overweight, you're disgusting. If you're thin or underweight, you're disgusting. Men seem to focus on making life hell for bigger women (other women do too) and women focus on making life hell for smaller ones.

If you ladies want to hate each other go right ahead, we know better than to try to stop you.

But don't throw men under the bus. We're not making life hell for bigger women. We are celebrating them, encouraging them, laughing with them, dating them, and marrying them.

A lot of what you think of as "men" or "society" is really just those trash magazines you keep buying and supporting.

God Brett. Quite being rational and junk.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Men seem to focus on making life hell for bigger women (other women do too) and women focus on making life hell for smaller ones.
    women are awful..

Oh lord.

Why do we seem so alive to the minority of troublemakers but not to the majority of good people?
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    xlrwadxvplsgsqnuaafa.jpg
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I like images! They make every thread better. Here is to improving all threads! 1013657_302507196552626_894754720_n.jpg
    MjAxMi1hNDc1NzBmZTY5Yzc2NmY3.png
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Amirite or Amirite?

This has to be some sort of shamming, and once I figure it out, I will expose you for the hater that you are!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Amirite or Amirite?

This has to be some sort of shamming, and once I figure it out, I will expose you for the hater that you are!

giphy.gif
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    xlrwadxvplsgsqnuaafa.jpg

^^^
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Amirite or Amirite?

Bring-it-gif.gif
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have seen this really escalating lately. The "REAL women have curves" and "only dogs like bones" are things I seem to see several times a day now. As someone who was constantly bullied for being underweight in school, I am a little sensitive to it. I would never dream of walking up to someone and telling them point-blank they need to lose weight, but people used to tell me all the time that I needed to gain weight, including strangers on the street. Someone once told me I should take it as a compliment. However, when they're saying "Oh my god! You look sick! You need to gain weight! Don't you know men don't like skinny women?" That is not a compliment.

So true! Not too many people I know go up to someone and say "Oh my...you need to loose some weight girl!", but people seem to think it's some sort of a compliment to tell someone that they need to 'eat more' or that they need to gain weight!

I've had same experiences as you...believe me, it's SO not a compliment!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    xlrwadxvplsgsqnuaafa.jpg

+1,000 LOLOLOLOL!
  • captaindle
    captaindle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Take a step back and look at the bigger picture (no pun intended), and you will find that there are many wonderful men out there supporting and lifting up "big" women. Take a look at this site alone and odds are you are going to see some really amazing guys who are cheering on women who are overweight. There are very few...VERY few...who talk down about women in general on here. MFP is just a very small sample of what you will find IRL. If you are seeing men fat shaming, then perhaps you need to surround yourself with better men."
    [/quote]

This is such a great point. No one of any gender, race, size, orientation will ever behave exactly like any other person of that group. We all deserve to be treated well certainly by the people we allow to be close to us. All we can control is ourselves and we should absolutely move away from people who treat us badly or make us feel "less than" . . . Thank you for making this eloquent point.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    she enjoyed Zumba because the class isn't filled with just the "skinny b*tches."

I find it pretty darned motivating to exercise around super thin/fit people. It gives me some hope!

I do feel a bit envious sometimes and annoyed that 1.) I didn't appreciate MY body when I looked like that and 2.) That my body is not cooperating at the moment in reaching my physical goals, but that isn't anyone else's fault and being in shape doesn't make someone a bad person, whether it's hard work or genetics that got the person there.

I have never understood people who have to put others down to feel good about themselves. It's sad.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I feel like the size of my body is a double edged sword. Either I'm a skiny B or a fat A. I either need to eat a cheeseburger or put the cheeseburger down. I know it's utopian to say that I'd love this negative speech about other people's bodies to stop. I guess I just wonder if any of the MFP family has noticed this negative speech about thin women/men and how does it make you feel about lsoing weight or aspiring to be thinner?

You basically can't win. No matter what you look like, someone's going to find a reason not to like you.
    Lose weight (or don't) to please yourself, because no one else is going to happy regardless.