Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

It's 3 pm. You are hungry. You reach for....?

Replies

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    I hate 3pm so much. 5:30pm is equally terrible - it's when I get home and start cooking. Trying to avoid food when I'm hungry and cooking is like trying to climb Mt. Everest without my arms.

I have carrots and hummus in the fridge at work, but I also have 2 stupid dark chocolate candy bars a co-worker left for me. Thanks for the calorie-sabotage, buddy! I'm going to ignore them, or run them over with my car...or throw them in the fish tank to avoid slathering them in the peanut butter I keep on hand as a somewhat legitimate (if I can manage to keep it to a small amount) snack in my cabinet.

Cheese or fruit is good, too. I don't ever remember to bring them though.
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    String cheese! Plus whatever fruit I happened to pack as snacks. I also try to have some tea first, to make sure I'm actually hungry, and not just mistaking thirst or boredom for hunger.
  • Minx675
    Minx675 Posts: 30 Member
    Greek yogurt.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Teddy Grahams, Kashi bar, dark chocolate.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with a few slices of whatever fresh fruit I have stashed in the fridge at work. The last two weeks it has been peaches because they are grown locally and soooooo good.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    haha that's exactly what I do every day around 3pm! I always need a snack to keep me till dinner or else I end up munching too much before dinner.
    I just had a QUEST White Choc Raspberry bar with some unsweetened hot mango green tea! THEEE BEST!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Most days, it is coffee. If I am already over-caffeinated that day, Beef Bullion.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    protein bar or string cheese
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Canned shrimp. My current addiction. 0 fat 0 carbs only 140 calories. Gotta be deveined though, nothing worse than chewing shrimp poop. :tongue:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    Peanut butter on a spoon. Or a family sized bag of chips depending on how disciplined I'm being. Let's all hope it's the peanut butter more often.
  • toolhead87
    toolhead87 Posts: 10
    a slice of turkey deli meat, or some raisins.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Usually nuts.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Granola bar.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    nothing. I have a bad habit of eating all of my snacks during lunch time :/
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Today was a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Delicious and now I cant eat til tomorrow. :sad:

...what?
  • Squid4TRX
    Squid4TRX Posts: 645 Member
    An apple or peanut butter and I always have water close by.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    My rifle. It's time to hunt the most dangerous game...people.

EDIT: Kidding of course. Cottage cheese and salsa.

This. I need to try this.

I'll keep you guessing which one.
  • VanessaVegana
    VanessaVegana Posts: 36 Member
    Veggie straws :d
  • Adkins Mocha Latte Shake!!!! hehe
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    A Quest bar! Usually something with protein to jump start my system again.