Anything I can do about this woman?

Options

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Just break up

or see if IFYM

Is this where I put the link to sexypants?

But is the link gluten-free, clean, and does it even lift, bro?

I was late anyway :cry:

Busted out laughing at my desk. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but I laughed out loud. When you see her coming YOU move over or stop until she passes. You're the one in the way. I hate having joggers on rural roads there isn't much room to begin with and now I have to watch out for inconsiderate joggers and bloody bikers! UGH We are fortunate enough to have trails, I have no idea why they can't use them.
    That's all well and good, and I am quite cautious around the idiots in the road. However, it still pisses me off to have to drive 12mph on a 55mph road behind a biker, or 6mph behind a jogger when there are paths and trails that run parallel to the road. There is no reason why they need to impede traffic or cause motorist to drive over a double line to get by them. That's putting not only their lives, but the drivers, and on coming traffic lives at risk. When there are lovely trails and paths for them.

I'm not going to argue with you on whether or not cyclists / joggers are "idiots in the road" or whether or not they are as entitled to use the roads as someone in vehicle. I feel we would strongly disagree in that debate, and lucky for the "inconsiderate joggers and bloody bikers," the laws (at least here in America) disagree with you.

I also won't argue with why I run when I run, or where I run but I will say this - I am not fortunate enough to live in an area where there are "lovely trails and paths" for me to run on, and certainly not ones that "run parallel to the road." I'm glad that you are, and my in laws who live in England are also fortunate enough to live near trails. I envy them. Please don't make the assumption that just because you live in an area with jogging trails that everyone else does too.

I will say however that I was not "in the way". In this situation, I'm ENTIRELY on the shoulder and my dog is in the grass. I'm not in her lane in the slightest. My complaint is not that she won't move over or cross the double lines or even slow down - I don't expect that (although I do appreciate it.) If you read my post, my complaint is that each morning she drives farther away from the double yellow lines - to the point that she's crossing onto the shoulder in what feels like an attempt to run me over.

Reminds me of the old bumper sticker: If you don't like the way I drive, STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Not cool. I've been clipped by a car doing this-call the cops. It is one thing for a day but EVERY day and she can't move her car 6"? No. All else fails (our cops didn't care) chunk a rock or whop her car with a stick.

You know what's messed up? If/when she gets hit by this psycho, it's gonna be too little too late. Shoot, why should she get hurt so some crab apple can learn to be respectful? But the even sadder part is that this will never change. There will never be an even paying field when it comes to cars and pedos and bikes.

I'd been riding my bike in NYC for years. It took me moving to VA for one year to finally get hit by a car. She was making the right on red, looking to the left for oncoming traffic and made the right while not looking. I was trying to cross my bike, I had stopped and was in the road when she hit me. I looked right in the car, made sure she was looking, and she came anyway.

Stupid cooze. And the cop treated my like a criminal. I was a Latina, in black "spandex' with tattoos on a bicycle in a WHITE area. I'm never call the race card, ever, but that was the first time I ever felt discriminated. It was weird.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, take her license plate down and report her for aggressive driving. Not sure where you're from, but where I live, you occasionally see signs that say to call and report aggressive drivers. Pretty sure the police would want to hear about it, especially since it's not a one-time thing and it's happened to both you and your husband.

And if all else fails, use the handful of nails trick.
    Devil.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Not cool. I've been clipped by a car doing this-call the cops. It is one thing for a day but EVERY day and she can't move her car 6"? No. All else fails (our cops didn't care) chunk a rock or whop her car with a stick.

You know what's messed up? If/when she gets hit by this psycho, it's gonna be too little too late. Shoot, why should she get hurt so some crab apple can learn to be respectful? But the even sadder part is that this will never change. There will never be an even paying field when it comes to cars and pedos and bikes.

I'd been riding my bike in NYC for years. It took me moving to VA for one year to finally get hit by a car. She was making the right on red, looking to the left for oncoming traffic and made the right while not looking. I was trying to cross my bike, I had stopped and was in the road when she hit me. I looked right in the car, made sure she was looking, and she came anyway.

Stupid cooze. And the cop treated my like a criminal. I was a Latina, in black "spandex' with tattoos on a bicycle in a WHITE area. I'm never call the race card, ever, but that was the first time I ever felt discriminated. It was weird.

I got hit by a car in Bloomington, Indiana while crossing at a pedestrian crosswalk on a green light.

The lady was going right on red, looking for other drivers and missing the pedestrian directly in front of her car.

I saw her coming out of the corner of my eye, turned around, caught the car with my hands and ran backwards for about 15 feet until she stopped. I wasn't hurt due to these reflexes.

The look on her and her kid's face was indescribable. She didn't stop to see if I was ok. I didn't call the cops - every student in Bloomington gets clipped by a car at some time.

After that, I make sure to get eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them. Even if it requires kicking the side of their car.

ETA - wait. SHE SAW YOU?!?
  • teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options
    Go out for your jog like usual, then when she passes really close, dramatically fall onto the grass and pretend like she hit you. If she doesn't stop, then maybe you should just avoid her altogether, since she wouldn't seem to care if she hurt you at that point.

But, if she stops (which she hopefully would), and goes over to you: play dead as long as possible, until she gets out her phone and starts to call 9-1-1, then spring to life, shout something at her like, "YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D!!!" and then run away.

PLEASE DO THIS. Hahaha...

This made me laugh so hard. Thanks, i really needed that this afternoon. :laugh:
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If it were me in this situation, I'd leave the house 15 min earlier to avoid her. If that failed (she started leaving earlier too) I'd film her over a period of a couple of weeks. You're facing her and it will be clear if she is crossing over the line towards you. She will see you filming her and that alone may make her stop. Wear clothes that make you visible. Do you have to take your dog on your run? If you can, perhaps leave him home until the problem is resolved. If she gets too close and your dog doesn't move out of the way fast enough or you trip on him ... could be quite bad.

While the road, by law, is also for pedestrians/runners/bikers, etc. ... when it comes to car vs. person, car wins. When my dad taught me to drive he told me "Everyone else is an idiot, drive accordingly". In your case, run accordingly. Good luck!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Nothing new to add after all I read. I would love to know if you try pretending like she hit you, lol.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Taking the license plate number seems like your best option, and probably most effective.

Don't forget to update us on what happens!!
  • paulakayps
    paulakayps Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Write a message for her on a sticker and slap it on her car the next time she gives you a close shave.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My next run is Friday! I'll update then... I'm either going to videotape her (and her license plate number) or dramatically throw myself to the ground and see if she stops. Haven't decided ;)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    uhm, why not just be reasonable and go have a chat with the county mountie?

Why does it have to be all dramarama up in here? ffs. If you're gonna play games, have you ever seen someone's head split open by a moving car?

I have, imagine dropping a watermelon off a roof. Do you really want to play with that?
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just break up
    made me chuckle.
    2nded
  • Brandyle1975
    Options
    Wanna see what you end up doing on Friday :) Most of the responses have made me laugh, Thanks for helping me get rid of my nagging headache friends.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Find a stuffed toy the size shape and color of your dog. Hide behind a bush and chuck it under the wheels of her car as she goes by. Guarantee she won't stop. If she doesn't stop, do it again the next day from another location.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    In for checking back on Friday. Good luck!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Throw flaming dog *kitten* at her door. Works for me.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if I would be tempted to run over a person who called me a *kitten*. I think it's possible.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    As she goes by next time, fall to the ground (out of the way of the car obviously) just as she is passing you. If she stops, you can tell her you fell trying to get out of her way, then she may move. If she keeps driving (and I think she will) start your run early from then on so that you are done before she goes by, so that she will always wonder what happened when you fell as she drove by.

Okay first, follow her wherever she is going all stealth-like, no confrontation. Then the next day, ^ this.

Then wait a week and leave a note on her car "I Know What You Did Last Week".
  • limecrush
    limecrush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I just want to see what happens Friday :)