No-BInge Challenge

Options

Replies

• spindowntime
    Options
    Yay! Yesterday-my day 3...victory!! Today I'm busy and usually that helps me to avoid a binge...tomorrow I'm going on vacation and when I'm surrounded by friends I usually can abstain from a binge...I return Sunday and will report back then! With no computer access I plan to track in a notebook and enter everything when I get back!! I will miss you all--stay strong and binge free :)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me no Binge.
    Enjoy your vacation Spindle.:flowerforyou:
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    I am new to this, but I am on day two overall - and no binging! I always binge on Macaroni and Cheese when I make it for my kids (weird, I know!!) and last night i cooked it for them and only snuck a few bites!! Which is much better than the whole rest of the pan!!
    Thank you to everyone who posts their struggles and journey here, you're all such a motivation to me!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't think today counts as a no-binge day for me... I was craving substantial food and dipped into my roommate's can of raw almonds. Even though that sent me way over my limit, I'm still craving chocolate. Anything with chocolate just sounds so gorgeous right now... ugh...
  • shirlapearl
    Options
    I know what you mean about chocolate!! I just had two Hershey's kisses and could have eaten the whole bag!!! Instead of continuing to eat them I decided it would be better for me to check in with the "No Binge" gang. So here I am typing and keeping busy far away from the chocolate :)
  • spindowntime
    Options
    I love that Shirla...I went over my calories today by a lot (400) but it was a really rough day and I was just really hungry when I ate (also possibly pms-ing)!! Compared to my usual binges of probably 1500-I am considering this victory and 4 days of NO BINGING!!! So happy! I head off on vacation tomorrow-no internet but I'll be tracking the old school way in a notebook! I'll miss you all but I'll report back when I return. Stay binge free! You are all inspiring!
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but could I join this challenge too? I've been struggling with this a lot in the last couple of weeks and I thought I was over it. :(

Does anyone else here have a problem with secret eating? That's my big downfall, eating as much as I can of something as fast as I can, and then I destroy all the evidence....
  • rckchik13
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and binged. I feel really bad but tomorrow is another day right. I need to stay away from my trigger food. One piece of cake and I was like well I already screwed up, today is shot. Might as well keep on eating. I don't want to fall into the same bad habits. Tomorrow is my Day 1.
  • UptownGurl
    Options
    I'd like to join this thread too please!

I never had a bingeing problem until over a year ago and now I can't seem to go 5 days without some sort of out-of-control eating. Case in point: just polished off a box of lemon cookies tonight after a really great day of normal eating. It's hindering my fat loss efforts and it's becoming so frustrating it just makes me want to give up! Boo :sad:

So tomorrow is my day #1. Wish me luck.
  • Metalhead187
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too! I hate binging but I cant seem to stop myself from doing it! I do very well in the morning but when night falls I start to eat like crazy and it is frustrating I hate it! Tomorrow will be day 1 of the challenge for me, lets do this!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    hi everyone- can i join? just read through the posts, and i think this is really what i need. i'm usually ok, but if i have anything to drink, i'll binge. no surprises there, right? anyway, i was doing really well with working out, etc, but yesterday at work was a bear. so, i had a glass of wine...then another...then the binge started. ugh. today is a new day, though, right???
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Okay. Second Day 1 Binge Free!
  • TeddyCharlton
    TeddyCharlton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Boy do I need this and mainly in the cookie department, they are small and look innocent enough, but watch out they pack a punch in the calorie department! I eat when I am lonely, depressed and nervous.
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is my issue as well. I spent six months losing 10 pounds and what for me is a significant amount of body fat through exercise, and then gained it all back in about two months due to binge eating. I'll gladly take this challenge.

That's me in a nutshell too...today is my day 1 and I am proud to say I was able to fight off the binge cravings and was binge free today! Thanks for starting this thread....it's gonna be great to have someone to report to!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but could I join this challenge too? I've been struggling with this a lot in the last couple of weeks and I thought I was over it. :(

Does anyone else here have a problem with secret eating? That's my big downfall, eating as much as I can of something as fast as I can, and then I destroy all the evidence....

I do this too....I generally binge at night when my daughter is in bed and my husband us on the computer or otherwise busy....he is uostairs, I'm downstairs and I try to be as quiet as possible so he does not know I'm binging! I feel like a complete loser, but I just can't stop myself.
  • UptownGurl
    Options
    Day one down and no bingeing!

I kept the empty box of lemon cookies that I polished off on Tuesday and they're sitting on my nightstand. Usually I'll quick hide the evidence and try not to think about what I just did but this time, I want those to sit there as a reminder. I know it's only been one day but it worked!

Good luck to everyone on here for a successful day today!!
  • TeddyCharlton
    Options
    I have started to experiment with teas, hot teas that is, I am trying to replace my sweet tooth with orange and cranberry. It is helping but not 100%. Last night I had two chocolate chip cookies instead of the whole bag.
  • TeddyCharlton
    Options
    That's a great idea! I usually cover my evidence too.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Day One was a Success! :) Day Two is cool so far
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Day 2 No Binge! :o)