Dear Woman in Makeup at the Gym

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Not what I was expecting.... You made MY day! What color lip gloss?

I actually only have one lip gloss and its brown. It's the cocoa butter one, from The Body Shop.

I love the body shop. And they support the Somaly Mam foundation (helping rescue girls from sex trafficking). They are vegan also. I'm not vegan, but I like synthetic make-up brushes.

For my lips I love love love Fresh Sugar in passion or rose. It has spf, and is so moisturizing. It is the one thing I wear every day. I love it. From Sephora.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread..... I have never read such a positive post and the subsequent replies been equally as positive....!!

There is a young lady (probably early 20's) at our gym, she always wear a pair of black & hot pink leggings and a hot pink & black tank top style Tshirt, her trainers are black and two tone pink, her finger nails are hot pink and her lipstick is always varying shades of pink (I'm assuming she loves pink and why not, it looks great on her).....

I happened upon a conversation with her a few weeks ago, because she had just been given a new program, but there was no staff around and she was struggling with a machine (I was on the machine next to her and regularly use the machine she was on) and I caught site of her struggling, so I watched discreetly for a moment (I didn't want to make her feel foolish or appear nosy) and when it was clear she hadn't figured out how to use the machine correctly, I took my headphones off, paused my machine and climbed down, asked her if she was OK and she looked at me a bit embarrassed, that's when she said it was a new program and that she wasn't sure how to use this machine (it is an odd piece of equipment, I use it every week and have done for months, but it is not easy to get your head round it) so I told her how to set it up and how to use it - she said thank you and apologised for disturbing my workout, I just laughed and said I was glad of the break, I was shattered and couldn't wait to get finished....

I went to the gym 2 days later and there was the Pink Lady and just as I was walking out of the changing rooms to start my lower body routine (using the confusing machine) she came trotting over to me and said thank you for helping me, my name is Amanda..... So now every time we see each other we have a chat, or work on the machines next to one another, she is a very pleasant lady and I guess I was guilty of looking at her, thinking why on earth do you tart yourself up so much to sweat it out at the gym, but my views of pretty looking ladies has changed, she is just looking good on the outside and coming to the gym to make sure she feels as good on the inside.

So thank you OP, this is a beautiful thread and one I'm glad I happened upon - I will point Amanda in the direction of this next time I see her, which might well be tomorrow morning....

Have a wonderful day OP, you have made my evening a bit brighter (unlike the weather).

xXx
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    280.gif
  • healthyNEWday4me
    Options
    Well said my lady, well said! Please post more, love your writing style. Good on ya!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I looooove this thread! And yes, I at least have to wear waterproof mascara when I lift/workout or my eyes disappear. I say why shouldn't we look nice AND be serious about our workouts. You don't have to look like a butch just because you lift (and my apologies to anyone who chooses to look butch when they lift, lol)
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:

Best post EVER!!!

:drinker:
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    And this is why we are friends. You are awesome.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't even go the gym, and I love this. Kind of makes me want to start going.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Love this!!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Not what I was expecting, and totally full of awesome!!!
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am on a six week program that has me soaked 10 mins in. I can't wait to look a little cute in the gym once it is done. Love that someone can appreciate that. :bigsmile: Must we all look scrubbed all the time while working out?? :noway: I think not.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I looooove this thread! And yes, I at least have to wear waterproof mascara when I lift/workout or my eyes disappear. I say why shouldn't we look nice AND be serious about our workouts. You don't have to look like a butch just because you lift (and my apologies to anyone who chooses to look butch when they lift, lol)

I like both butch and fem.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    I really liked the original post!

I do lift at lunch, myself, and I have make-up on because it is the middle of my workday....so, yes, I am REALLY glad about what you posted!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    At first I was like:

1800795-not_again.png

then I read it, and was like:

b%C3%A9b%C3%A9%2Bfunny.JPG

because it wasn't what I expected, so for that I:

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

It's kind of a bait and switch but also not really. It was an open letter to the lovely lady at the gym, so it's not an inaccurate title.
    I was waiting for the part where it goes, "woman wearing makeup at the gym punching me, I don't like you anymore."
  • moraiwebird
    moraiwebird Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    orca-yes.gif
  • Spitgray
    Spitgray Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Snap snap snap snap snap....
  • Spitgray
    Spitgray Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    At first I was like:

1800795-not_again.png

then I read it, and was like:

b%C3%A9b%C3%A9%2Bfunny.JPG

because it wasn't what I expected, so for that I:

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

It's kind of a bait and switch but also not really. It was an open letter to the lovely lady at the gym, so it's not an inaccurate title.

THIS WAS AWESOME!!!