Friday NSV - Post yours below

Options

Replies

• hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My "goal jeans" were delivered yesterday... a pair of 8 longs. I didn't want to but decided to try to see how far up my legs they'd go .... and I was shocked to get them all the way up!

By winter, I just know I'll be able to button them up! ;)
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love all your NSV's!!!! Congrats!

Here's mine for today: The blouse I'm wearing fits me perfectly. It's been hanging untouched in my closet for two years, because it has felt too snug and uncomfortable - until today!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all on your respective NSVs! :flowerforyou:

Digging through my closet last night and came across a pair of pants that I bought over 10 years ago. When I bought them, they were slightly small in the waist and I thought that eventually I'd be able to wear them. Long story short, they've never fit and have sat in my closet - mocking me. :tongue:

I tried them on for size and they fit like a glove. They fit so well in fact, that it made me realize that I'd forgotten what it feels like to wear pants that actually fit (all the pants currently in rotation are a little on the loose side now).

JACKPOT! :smile:
  • gloomymomo
    Options
    I lost 10 pd in 7 days apparently. I feel so much better already. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was water weight but still it feels GREAT. I have been doing the 90 days of Action plan, cut out liquid calories, and have not been binging. This is such a great motivator for me!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all on your respective NSVs! :flowerforyou:

Digging through my closet last night and came across a pair of pants that I bought over 10 years ago. When I bought them, they were slightly small in the waist and I thought that eventually I'd be able to wear them. Long story short, they've never fit and have sat in my closet - mocking me. :tongue:

I tried them on for size and they fit like a glove. They fit so well in fact, that it made me realize that I'd forgotten what it feels like to wear pants that actually fit (all the pants currently in rotation are a little on the loose side now).

JACKPOT! :smile:

FREE NEW PANTS!!! lol! :drinker:
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Getting tired of people b*tching at me about eating healthy - "You're in shape, have a couple slices of pizza! Jesus!" etc etc. They don't understand that it requires constant vigilance & carefully planned indulgences to stay in shape at my age (45).

So. this morning I bought a dozen chocolate donuts & put them in the break room - anonymously.

Getting some evil joy out of watching them disappear while I eat my egg white omelet....I do consider that an NSV!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....!!! You didn´t??. That´s bad!!! Bad dog! ;-)
  • cv2k
    cv2k Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have added more exercises and sets to my weight training and concentrated on more volume of work as opposed to short sessions that didn't make me sweat as much. The increased sweating makes me feel better for some reason.
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nice job to all!

This AM I achieved my August goal of 1.75 miles constant jogging, with walking before and after. 2 miles here I come.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I ran for 4 minutes straight yesterday. It may not seem like a lot, but it was a big deal to me.

Also, I bought 2 shirts yesterday in a size Medium....ahhhhhhhh.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Seems at though my black work pants, which were previously pushing way too tight, seem to become bigger and bigger every week, first noticable difference was in the waist/stomach, and then hips...today I am noticing the thighs/legs are looser....small victories rock!!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My size 6 capris are loose in the waist....this is the first day I have worn them!
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Made it though day 9 of 30 day shred and I dont feel like Im dying after
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Also in week 20 of TurboFire, my last week, and I have not missed a single workout!! That, my friends is probably, what I am most proud of!!
  • GKat04
    GKat04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I finished a 31 day "Arm Challenge" yesterday, and when I took my after pics today to compare to day 1 I saw a huge difference. Gone are the bingo wings and I actually look like I have biceps now!

Congrats everyone on their NSVs!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    My conscience wants to break up with me, my face wants a divorce from my mouth, my body wants a separation from my belly, and I literally want to crawl out of my own skin.

All because I went off my vegan diet yesterday after over 50 days of plant-based, bread-free eating. And now I feel guilty (as I should because I did go vegan for ethical reasons) and wretched. But at least I know it. And instead of craving more of the same like I used to do after a day of gobbling bread and junk food, I'm repulsed by the thought.

It was working for me, and now I know it. That's my NSV. Excuse me while I go brush my teeth yet again. For all the good that will do.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Worked out even though it was an "off" day for couch to 5k. Did a "free run" of about 11 minutes. Working back up to that 5k...
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Worked out even though it was an "off" day for couch to 5k. Did a "free run" of about 11 minutes. Working back up to that 5k...

Great NSV. :drinker: There is something almost miraculous about starting to run for enjoyment and looking forward to it for it's own sake. Okay, maybe it's those addictive endorphins, too. But hey, legal high!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Woke up early enough for my 2nd horse ride this week, and enjoyed the cool morning ride, although I'm NOT a morning person. Didn't plan to eat breakfast first, but afterwards. Got surprised at how much a morning workout can decrease one's appetite to an acceptable level, even if it's not usually recommended to work out fasting.
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been under my calorie goal all week! I NEED to keep this up through the weekend.
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Today in pilates class, I could actually do all of the exercises(still with modifications) though when a month ago, I could barely make it through the class. Small NSV but the feeling that I stuck to something was awesome. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!