What do you add to your greek yogurt?

Options
124»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    One scoop of protein powder in 1/2 cup Greek yogurt gives me a mousse like consistency and makes a great dessert. If I have fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries, I will stir them in.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like honey greek yogurt with blueberries, raw almonds and cinnamon. I just had some for breakfast. :)
  • Lost_in_Transformation
    Options
    A spoon!!!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Minced garlic, lemon juice, dill weed, peeled and seeded cucumber, olive oil. Tzatziki! Eat with pita or raw veggies.
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do Fage 2% with one of those snack containers of diced fruit in 100% juice (usually diced apples), cinnamon, and a sprinkle of Bare Naked Fit Granola.
  • Wilconqr
    Wilconqr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dairy in completely unnecessary unless you are very young or very old. until recently, I ate Oikos Greek vanilla flavored yogurt topped with a teaspoon of local honey, 1/3 cup granola, and 1/2 cup blueberries. The yogurt by itself was 27g of sugar per serving (though I consumed only 1/2 serving at a time). All the other ingredients were nothing but extra sugar. Sugar piled on top of sugar, which is not good for you if your goal is to burn fat. After quitting this concoction, I gained more energy and started burning fat again (I had plateaued at 187 lbs...started at 250 lbs August 2013..few weeks later I'm now at 181 lbs).
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bear Naked vanilla almond granola and fresh blueberries!! Mmmmm
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    honey, fruit, sweetener, golden syrup
    cocoa powder
    granola, oats

anything you want :3
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I add raw almonds, raw honey, and whatever fruit I'm in the mood for...anything from bananas to chopped dates.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    pb and cinnamin for a yummy fruit dip

chocolate protein powder and pb

home made strawberry jam

any seasonings to make a veggie dip
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Into the blender,

Yogurt,
    150 ml of water (to suit individual)
    2 oranges
    Melted dark choc (one piece galaxy smooth dark pinged in micro)

Biingo choclate orange Milkshake
  • FatJockSing
    Options
    Dairy in completely unnecessary unless you are very young or very old. until recently, I ate Oikos Greek vanilla flavored yogurt topped with a teaspoon of local honey, 1/3 cup granola, and 1/2 cup blueberries. The yogurt by itself was 27g of sugar per serving (though I consumed only 1/2 serving at a time). All the other ingredients were nothing but extra sugar. Sugar piled on top of sugar, which is not good for you if your goal is to burn fat. After quitting this concoction, I gained more energy and started burning fat again (I had plateaued at 187 lbs...started at 250 lbs August 2013..few weeks later I'm now at 181 lbs).

Bah Humbug!! as some famous French Bird once said . . "let them eat cake" . . . if it fits their macros . . . . (just playing . .. )
  • Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try some of these. I have just been blending it with ice and some strawberries.
  • earlnabby
    Options

Your problem is the sugar, not the yogurt. There is sugar in the flavored yogurts, then you added sugar (honey). Go with plain Greek yogurt (1/2 cup of non fat is 65 calories, 5 g carbs, 0 g fat, 12 g protein) and add non sugary things or fruit.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    On a site like this, I thought it went without saying that you get nonfat, plain yogurt. Get rid of the flavored crap. Too much sugar and, depending on the brand or how "light" it is, you probably get some aspartame or other unnatural stuff.

Nonfat, plain Greek yogurt. Add the fruit or honey or granola, if you want it sweet or fruity. Or do it Bruce Lee style, just eat the dang yogurt or add Fiber One bran cereal... the cardboard tasting stuff. Not everything you eat has to taste great. We're trying to lose weight, not make gourmet parfaits.

Anyway, that's my own militant approach (sorry for getting intense).
  • earlnabby
    Options
    On a site like this, I thought it went without saying that you get nonfat, plain yogurt. Get rid of the flavored crap. Too much sugar and, depending on the brand or how "light" it is, you probably get some aspartame or other unnatural stuff.

Nonfat, plain Greek yogurt. Add the fruit or honey or granola, if you want it sweet or fruity. Or do it Bruce Lee style, just eat the dang yogurt or add Fiber One bran cereal... the cardboard tasting stuff. Not everything you eat has to taste great. We're trying to lose weight, not make gourmet parfaits.

The nonfat vs. full fat depends on your macros so that is one thing that you can't assume
  • FatJockSing
    Options
    On a site like this, I thought it went without saying that you get nonfat, plain yogurt. Get rid of the flavored crap.

It helps if you write "IMHO" - in my huble opinion!! Apology accepted, but losing weight doesn't need to be boot-camp. Each to their own.

:drinker:
  • OUCHilly1
    OUCHilly1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like to mix lemon flavor with my instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal... scrummy!!!
  • Frobie
    Frobie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One half Teasoon Pure Maple Syrup and a half teaspoon Hemp Hearts! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Tastes like heaven :happy:

I do this exactly! I also add a bit of non-sweetened organic muesli
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup!