Do i have to be upset part 2

Options

Replies

• Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    His reaction reinforces what so many people commented yesterday. He has already moved on and found someone else. This was just his excuse to end it completely.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Guy has a fight with his mother and just wants some time to be alone.

Yeah, great reason to break up. At least he didn't lose a supportive partner.

Heaven forbid that he was dealing with any serious issues or depression.

Doesn't matter, he's a coward!

If you honestly believe this guy had a fight with his mom, you both are extremely naive.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

If you honestly believe this guy had a fight with his mom, you both are extremely naive.

Mind reader here.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

You don't know him. How can you be positive he's making it up?

Answer, you're not. You've just dated some jerks in your time and want to project that on to someone else's relationship.

I try to take people at face value. If it's someone I'm dating and I care about, I believe what they say before I believe a clutch of bitter hags on an internet website. If he said he had a fight with his mother and just wants time alone I'd respect that, because I don't date people I constantly suspect are lying to me.

Also when I tell someone I'm in a really bad mood and just want some time alone, and they respond by sending 19 text messages, I ignore them. That's not being a coward. That's just ignoring a needy clinger with no respect for someone else, because they only care about what they want. Constant attention.

Luckily she's found just the place for it. Except that now that they've broken up, I think she'll be sad to find that MFP isn't as interested in her anymore. She was juicy forum drama for a day. Everyone got to get their licks in and got to judge a guy they don't know.

Just break up.

She did.

Now what?

Nobody cares.

She is a mind reader remember. She know 100% he was cheating on her.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Answer, you're not. You've just dated some jerks in your time and want to project that on to someone else's relationship.

I try to take people at face value. If it's someone I'm dating and I care about, I believe what they say before I believe a clutch of bitter hags on an internet website. If he said he had a fight with his mother and just wants time alone I'd respect that, because I don't date people I constantly suspect are lying to me.

Also when I tell someone I'm in a really bad mood and just want some time alone, and they respond by sending 19 text messages, I ignore them. That's not being a coward. That's just ignoring a needy clinger with no respect for someone else, because they only care about what they want. Constant attention.

Luckily she's found just the place for it. Except that now that they've broken up, I think she'll be sad to find that MFP isn't as interested in her anymore. She was juicy forum drama for a day. Everyone got to get their licks in and judge a guy they don't know.

Just break up.

She did.

Now what?

Nobody cares.

The pot calling the kettle black.

If I'm a bitter hag for saying he's full of ****, then you're a bitter hag as well for saying I've dated jerks. All my ex's are far from jerks, thank you very much :smile:
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    yeah he just wasn't that into you. Move on.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    Obviously I don't know you or your situation, but I'm thinking very likely that this has nothing to do with his "fight" with him mom and everything to do with he just doesn't feel like doing this long distance thing anymore. He's decided that he didn't want to come see you - it was probably fun at the beginning but the newness has worn off and he doesn't know how to tell you that.

So in claiming that he had a fight with his mom, he doesn't have to be the bad guy who is canceling plans that you have made and have had to make arrangements for. He can blame it on his mom and he doesn't have to shoulder the fault.

A guy who is into you and is emotionally mature will have some consideration and TELL YOU what's going on - not sneak around and make excuses like a child.

Listen to the older women. We've heard all the stories before. lol

I think so too the whole fight with mom was bs. well its his loss
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

Luckily she's found just the place for it. Except that now that they've broken up, I think she'll be sad to find that MFP isn't as interested in her anymore. She was juicy forum drama for a day. Everyone got to get their licks in and got to judge a guy they don't know.

Just break up.

She did.

Now what?

Nobody cares.

This guy. He gets it.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking, but didn't want to say it.

He probably had a fight with his SO.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Not surprised at all. Again, if he cancelled a trip to see you over a fight with his mommy then you weren't a priority. These things happen, but at least it's settled and you can move on.

This.

Sometimes the best blessings are disguised in pain. Enjoy your new freedom!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Just break up.

She did.

Now what?

Nobody cares.

For the most part, I agree with you. But the deed is done, and the unceremonious way that it went down makes it apparent that he really wasn't into her anymore. Really not a lot of point in rehashing whether or not he was lying. Even if she had a change of heart, dude just doesn't seem interested anymore anyway.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Just break up.

She did.

Now what?

Nobody cares.
    [/quote]

^^ All of This.....Seriously.

29ql3ch.gif
  • Chibukalu908
    Options

strong this.i didn't buy that for one second.I could smell bs from far.He supposedly had a fight with her Tuesday night and we where suppose to meet up tonight for the weekend.Even if he really had a fight with her,woudn`t that be enough time to cool off?His excuse is indeed weak
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

strong this.i didn't buy that for one second.I could smell bs from far.He supposedly had a fight with her Tuesday night and we where suppose to meet up tonight for the weekend.Even if he really had a fight with her,woudn`t that be enough time to cool off?His excuse is indeed weak

Well you made your choice right? ... You don't get to dictate how long it takes someone to calm down over something. If you think it's all so weak move on from it already then...
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cool, MFP got what it hoped for. :)

Sad. So many assumptions were made from so little information.
    Which doesn't even account for the mistakes OP may have made when receiving it.
    Oh, internet machine.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Y'all are awfully invested in a relationship between people you have never met and with very scant details about that relationship.

Not that I don't have sympathy if someone I don't know feels hurt, but arguing over which of them was right in this situation is a bit silly, isn't it?
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Buy the book, "How to Avoid Falling In Love With a Jerk" by John Van Epp ($3.75 used on amazon) and read it through - twice. Then read it again. Then when someone comes into your life who does these things, find the applicable chapter to that particular problem, and read it again. :) It's the bible of relationship issues.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Y'all are awfully invested in a relationship between people you have never met and with very scant details about that relationship.

Not that I don't have sympathy if someone I don't know feels hurt, but arguing over which of them was right in this situation is a bit silly, isn't it?

It's basically like celebrities, but they're not famous