Do large Breasts affect Self-Esteem?

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    So many women in correctly sized bras... *wipes happy tear*
    Hmm, the awful thing is that I started out by thinking I'm 90C whatever that is in US sizes, then got measured, and learned that in a specific brand in a particular model I'm 80F. Their other models would have me measured very differently. And - here's the fun part - another brand has the same boobs in a totally different size ratio. I hate bra developers.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Anywho, personally, I like big boobs. I'm sad that mine shrank, so I'll be buying new ones in the next year or two. That will make me happier.

I'm telling ya! I will share!

Naw. No offense but if I wanted bigger ones made out of 'people bits' I'd just put weight back on. :wink:

No worries... just thought I would offer... because they are annoying to me as hell...

I often hear this but I have to say it was never a sentiment I shared. When I was heavier and my boobs were bigger I loved them. The thing I hated most about losing weight was the way my boobs shrank on me (I'm a 32DDD now.) But I also wear what I want, as I see fit, and that also seems to be a big complaint.

But anyway. Checking in to represent for ladies with big boobs or have had big boobs and loved them.

count me in that club too, although growing up was not the case. before i had my breast reduction at 20 i was a 28N and had to have bras custom made. they were a pain not in the literal sense. i've never had had back, neck shoulder pain because i've always had good posture., but in the sense of logistics. i've always been into sports and my family was poor so having to spend $100 and up on 1 custom bra was bad enough, but trying to find a sports bra or swimsuit. in high school i ran track, played soccer and was on the swim team

oh man i will remember 1 screwed up soccer game where my makeshift broke strap mid run and i had to hold my boob to continue play . i also recall overhearing many off color comments about me in the swimsuit during swim meets.

by the time i got to college i was able to get the reduction where they took me down to a respectable DDD and that was easier to find bras. sports bras werent really an issue because i'd wear 3

as for developing more self-esteem because of that im not sure but the one thing i do know for sure is that i learned very quickly how to lay a verbal smack down on someone who had a rude comment for me. that's stuck
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The only other complaint I have about big boobs is how clothes look. A smaller chested girl wears a shirt and it looks cute...I wear the same shirt and it looks slutty. It sucks. Am I just supposed to wear a turtleneck year round? Lol
    Doesn't look slutty. Someone jelous just put that though in your head. f-them

Thanks and that very well could be true. I've only been told that something looked "slutty" by other women. I guess I shouldn't care what they think!
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Idk I have very large breasts and idgaf about them either way.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My biggest complaint at the moment is that I can't buy tops that fit my body AND my boobs at the same time. If it fits my mid-section, it's too tight on my boobs...if it fits my boobs, it's too large on my mid-section.

Pain in the *kitten*.

^^^ I think this is one that upsets me the most about my DD's-- not being able to just simply buy fitting clothes makes shopping 10x harder. Prom dress shopping was the absolute worse! My latest upset was buying a bikini from Old Navy just 3 weeks ago-- the bottoms fit but I didn't have time to try on the top so I bought a XL-- there still wasn't enough fabric to cover appropriately.

Edited ** forgot to say that I love my breasts and I would only consider reduction for health purposes only. They haven't lowered my self esteem, but made me realize early on that there is more to me than just boobs.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My biggest complaint at the moment is that I can't buy tops that fit my body AND my boobs at the same time. If it fits my mid-section, it's too tight on my boobs...if it fits my boobs, it's too large on my mid-section.

Pain in the *kitten*.

^^ My life, in a nutshell. SMH.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My self esteem doesn't depend on my breasts...
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options

Pain in the *kitten*.

^^^ I think this is one that upsets me the most about my DD's-- not being able to just simply buy fitting clothes makes shopping 10x harder. Prom dress shopping was the absolute worse! My latest upset was buying a bikini from Old Navy just 3 weeks ago-- the bottoms fit but I didn't have time to try on the top so I bought a XL-- there still wasn't enough fabric to cover appropriately.

I've learned to shield my eyes when the bikinis come out at Target. Year after year I'd try on the biggest size they carried and it was like putting a bandaid on a basketball. Just not enough coverage.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When I was younger...yes. I felt embarrassed of my chest size. People would comment and it made me very self conscious. Now that I am older (and look better than when I was younger) a resounding NO!!! I'm proud of my figure and wouldn't change it for anything...Well maybe lose the belly fat a bit :sad:
  • RAWR_ImaDinosaur
    RAWR_ImaDinosaur Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hate them. I want a reduction eventually. Having nothing to do with my self-esteem, my back hurts. I often find myself fetishized for them, which does hurt self esteem (I do exist beyond my tits, shockingly).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've learned to shield my eyes when the bikinis come out at Target. Year after year I'd try on the biggest size they carried and it was like putting a bandaid on a basketball. Just not enough coverage.

Own 'em.

Based on my trip to Rio back in Feb, that is PRECISELY enough coverage.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    nope, have big breasts, does not effect my self esteem
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    They are an inconvenience I was really hoping would go down with weight loss, not yet. I find myself wishing they were just gone some days and I am always self conscious about them out in, public.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Pain in the *kitten*.

http://www.barenecessities.com has swimsuits based on bra sizing. Currently up to 70% off. That's where I get mine; far better quality than target or old navy and offer actual support.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It really does....

People don't understand what it's like in middle school and high school to have boys yelling out embarrassing things, and to have GROWN WOMEN assume you're "fast" or "active" because of how developed you are. I have never been able to buy cheap bras as an adult, and one time I called LANE BRYANT and was laughed at after asking an employee if they carried my size. I was afraid to participate in gym classes, and was very embarrassed after having my child, since they were engorged with milk. I remember going in Wal Mart to buy my baby some formula, and these men made VERY LOUD comments about their size. I've never been able to wear certain tops without them being ruined by bra straps, and the heaviness of them makes them ache a lot. Oh, and we won't even get on the back pain I'm currently dealing with.

But even as a young girl, I learned to be ashamed of my breasts. I was told by many girls how lucky I was, but I was also given negative attention because of them. I wasn't that girl who walked around eating up all of the attention I got because of them.

Now that I've gotten older, I DO want them smaller, but it doesn't bother me as much. My mother always tell me that women pay for what I was born with. Teenage boys do still say embarrassing things about them sometimes. I know they'll go down a bit as I lose weight, so I'm looking forward to that. Not the sagging, though.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options

Pain in the *kitten*.

http://www.barenecessities.com has swimsuits based on bra sizing. Currently up to 70% off. That's where I get mine; far better quality than target or old navy and offer actual support.

www.figleaves.com is also a great site. I've bought 2 bikinis and a bra from them and it was way less expensive than the department stores here. If I go to Dillard's and find a "cup sized" top, it usually looks more like something my mom would wear and involves a skirt. Not to mention they only go up to DDD, IF you can find that size. After shipping from the UK, my last bikini, top and bottom, came to $54. I've spent $70 just for a top before.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Ikr? I see people talking about G and E and J and I'm just like.. I want to befriend you all! The good word of bra sizing is alive here.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Thanks to you 2 I am wearing my correct size... :flowerforyou:

:smooched: :drinker: :drinker:
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Pain in the *kitten*.

www.figleaves.com is also a great site. I've bought 2 bikinis and a bra from them and it was way less expensive than the department stores here. If I go to Dillard's and find a "cup sized" top, it usually looks more like something my mom would wear and involves a skirt. Not to mention they only go up to DDD, IF you can find that size. After shipping from the UK, my last bikini, top and bottom, came to $54. I've spent $70 just for a top before.

looks like I need to do some shopping....my birthday is just around the corner, nothing says I love my girls like a good supporting and fitting bra!!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Hmm, the awful thing is that I started out by thinking I'm 90C whatever that is in US sizes, then got measured, and learned that in a specific brand in a particular model I'm 80F. Their other models would have me measured very differently. And - here's the fun part - another brand has the same boobs in a totally different size ratio. I hate bra developers.

This this this this this!! We hear so much about being measured correctly. By all means use this as a start but the only true way is to try a bra on - see if it fits right. If it doesn't try another size (band too big/too tight, cups too small/too big etc).
    http://images.figleaves.com/uk/images/eng-gbr/navigation/fit_book/bra_fit_book.pdf

(My last bra I bought was a 32GG UK sizing - but I don't think it'll be long before it is too roomy. I'm probably more of a 32G/30GG at the moment depending on the brand.)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Anywho, personally, I like big boobs. I'm sad that mine shrank, so I'll be buying new ones in the next year or two. That will make me happier.

I'm telling ya! I will share!

Naw. No offense but if I wanted bigger ones made out of 'people bits' I'd just put weight back on. :wink:

No worries... just thought I would offer... because they are annoying to me as hell...

I often hear this but I have to say it was never a sentiment I shared. When I was heavier and my boobs were bigger I loved them. The thing I hated most about losing weight was the way my boobs shrank on me (I'm a 32DDD now.) But I also wear what I want, as I see fit, and that also seems to be a big complaint.

But anyway. Checking in to represent for ladies with big boobs or have had big boobs and loved them.

count me in that club too, although growing up was not the case. before i had my breast reduction at 20 i was a 28N and had to have bras custom made. they were a pain not in the literal sense. i've never had had back, neck shoulder pain because i've always had good posture., but in the sense of logistics. i've always been into sports and my family was poor so having to spend $100 and up on 1 custom bra was bad enough, but trying to find a sports bra or swimsuit. in high school i ran track, played soccer and was on the swim team

oh man i will remember 1 screwed up soccer game where my makeshift broke strap mid run and i had to hold my boob to continue play . i also recall overhearing many off color comments about me in the swimsuit during swim meets.

by the time i got to college i was able to get the reduction where they took me down to a respectable DDD and that was easier to find bras. sports bras werent really an issue because i'd wear 3

as for developing more self-esteem because of that im not sure but the one thing i do know for sure is that i learned very quickly how to lay a verbal smack down on someone who had a rude comment for me. that's stuck

N cup? Are you in the UK?