good food/bad food

Options
could someone give me an idea of what exsactly are bad foods and good foods? I understand chips and candy are bad and fuirts and veggies are good but is their anymore to it than that?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    There are nutrient dense foods and foods that are just high in calories with little nutrients. If you meet all your nutritional needs with the nutrient dense foods and still have calories left, than there is nothing wrong with indulging in foods that aren't as healthy.
  • cowebber123
    Options
    Could you give me ideas of nutrient foods?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Go back on your past posts and reread all the answers.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    could someone give me an idea of what exsactly are bad foods and good foods? I understand chips and candy are bad and fuirts and veggies are good but is their anymore to it than that?

Good Food: fries, burgers, tacos, Greek yogurt, homemade bread, ice cream.

Bad food: Brussel Sprouts, liver, lamb, rabbit, cooked cabbage.

This is within my perception only.

There are no good or bad foods. Everything in moderation.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Good foods are foods I like to eat and bad foods are the ones that make me gag a little thinking about them.

examples:

Good - grilled chicken pasta salad :drinker:
    Bad - lutefisk :sick:
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Good Food: fries, burgers, tacos, Greek yogurt, homemade bread, ice cream.

Bad food: Brussel Sprouts, liver, lamb, rabbit, cooked cabbage.

This is within my perception only.

There are no good or bad foods. Everything in moderation.

^^^ This . . . . 100% THIS!!
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good foods are foods I like to eat and bad foods are the ones that make me gag a little thinking about them.

^^ and this . . . .
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Could you give me ideas of nutrient foods?

Vitamin and mineral rich foods, foods with fiber, protein rich foods, foods high in unsaturated fats...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    OP you have already been given answers to this sort of question in your other threads Is rice bad and Are pops bad.

What part do you still not understand?
  • velikiivo
    Options
    Quick question. How well a protein shake help at night for a morning workout?

Any suggestions for anyone?
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is simple:

Bad food = food that is rotten, dirty or inedible, foods you are allergic to

Good food = everything else
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    good food: ice cream, peanut butter, peanut butter ice cream.

bad food: none
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as good and bad food. There are foods that are very high in calories, but it's still food.

A calorie is a calorie whether it comes from carrots or cookies, protein, fat or carbs.

All weight loss is---is calories in versus calories out. You choose which foods your calories come from.
  • KHolladay36
    Options
    Some of the responses on here are not what you are asking:

Good Foods: Fruits, Vegetables, Meat (in moderation), Dairy (occaisonally), Grains (whole grains are great, nuts legumes), Fats/Oils (in moderation),

Bad Foods: Processed Foods (they contain way too much sodium), candy (sugar), fast food (too may calories).

Try some foods that incorporate what you like, but make them at home, don't eat out too much.

And no, I am not a vegetarian...just love veggies and ranch. Also watch the Ranch and what you drink. Most people are quick to talk about the eating aspect, but watch what you drink as well. I once knew a person who drank an entire carton of orange juice because she thought she was drinking something healthy. Read the labels. The calorie intake is for the serving size, not the whole thing. For a 8oz glass of orange juice was 110 calories, with 22 g of sugar. Imagine the entire carton. Exercie is the key to eating what you want.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Good food is delightful to your taste buds, bad food is nasty to your taste buds.

There is no good or bad food. You just need to learn how to balance your nutrients. A general rule of thumb is to eat 80% nutrient dense food and 20% other food. Many others have already responded about nutrient dense foods.

Unless you have an underlying medical condition there is no need to label food as good or bad.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i eat potato chips frequently in measured portions. they have complex carbs and are rich in potassium and vitamin c. the brand i eat are fairly low in sodium, too.

overeating any food can be problematic - even very low calorie foods can have enough fiber in large amounts to cause discomfort.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Some of the responses on here are not what you are asking:

Good Foods: Fruits, Vegetables, Meat (in moderation), Dairy (occaisonally), Grains (whole grains are great, nuts legumes), Fats/Oils (in moderation),

Bad Foods: Processed Foods (they contain way too much sodium), candy (sugar), fast food (too may calories).

Try some foods that incorporate what you like, but make them at home, don't eat out too much.

And no, I am not a vegetarian...just love veggies and ranch. Also watch the Ranch and what you drink. Most people are quick to talk about the eating aspect, but watch what you drink as well. I once knew a person who drank an entire carton of orange juice because she thought she was drinking something healthy. Read the labels. The calorie intake is for the serving size, not the whole thing. For a 8oz glass of orange juice was 110 calories, with 22 g of sugar. Imagine the entire carton. Exercie is the key to eating what you want.
    The answers are to what she is asking.

You are wrong about good and bad foods, though it might be good or bad for YOU.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The only bad foods are olives. They are the devil's turds.

LIES AND SLANDER
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good foods:
    Fresh vegetables, raw or steamed
    Fresh fruits
    All natural yogurt or kefir
    Nuts and nut butter
    Non gmo meats, preferably grass or vegetable fed
    Whole grains and breads, pastas, rice and flours made from whole grains

Bad foods:
    Foods that are highly processed and or chock full of preservatives
    Frozen dinners
    Soda

The easiest way to think about it (in general) is the more layers of packaging a food has the worse it is for you in terms of its nutritional content.

Yes you can still lose weight eating 1000 calories of twinkles every day, but you will not be healthy long term. If you choose to keep your head in the sand about this very simple concept, that's fine, but its really very simple.