Be honest

Options
15678911»

Replies

• gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Honestly, I do it all for the health benefits. At my age, 50-something, working out regularly will help me stay active for many years to come. And, dropping a size doesn't hurt any.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I do this for me....actually my kids made me fat! LOL I think you just get to a point when you are done making excuses and do something about it...no matter how long it takes :)

This!:laugh:
  • Cms5227
    Cms5227 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ain't that the truth! My best friend in the world is a size 0. She's incredibly unhealthy and can barely lift a jug of milk. I worry about her everyday because she has no physical fitness. Exercising will keep you healthy and keep you young. I read an article about a woman who is 108 years old and she credits her longevity with daily yoga. Your size 2 pants might be motivating you right now, but when you get there, don't quit! Exercise will keep your brain healthy, your body healthy and your heart happy. Your son will benefit from that, whatever your motivation.
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    Vanity, so I can eat more, so I can have a drink once in a while, and because being fit makes me feel more confident than anything else
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I work out for many reasons. Selfish as well as selfless.
  • Barelytattood
    Options
    I work out because my town is my prison, so I have to be the biggest, baddest, mother f**cker on the yard so I can stomp some @$$...

Seriously, that's the reason I give people...plus, I got a pair of size 7 booty shorts I need to fit into so I can dance to 'Sexy and I Know It'...
  • zazouj44
    Options
    Honestly I work out so that I can feel good, look good and eat more! :)

Same here! I mean I also have all of the other genreal reasons but I stepped on a scale yesterday and was the heaviest I've ever been. I never want to see that number again. I love food always have and always will. But for one of the first times in my life the people I care about and who care about me were telling me to stop eatting so much. My longtime friend who I had always been thinner than is now thinner than me and its werid. Now when we swap clothes she's giving me her old "bigger clothes" and she's taking my fav clothes that I no longer fit into. I had started this program before when I was thinner just to stay fit but I stopped and now I need to do it to regain control of my body. This is a big year ahead for me. I don't want my weight to stop me from striving for and achieving all of my goals.
  • Sadi_Kalen
    Sadi_Kalen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    honestly, a few reasons. firstly, have been a slim girl most of my life and getting older, stress and overeating have put me at 20kg (30+lb) overweight.

have never battled with the health issues and pain carrying around all that extra weight before in my life, so i can't ignore it now. high cholesterol and bp waz concerning my doctor and when my favourite exercise - walking - became painful i realized things were bad. when i saw myself on video i cried, because my body waz unrecognizable.

i gotta be honest here about my thoughts on cholesterol before i go on - total baloney what we're being told. big pharma made a cool 27 billion last year by pushing statins on people to prevent heart attacks and to lower cholesterol. evidence is mounting that the whole thing is a have and that women especially should NOT ever be on statins.

the other reasons apart from health and vanity/self esteem - i want to have sex again one day. currently i hate seeing myself naked and skin problems don't help. can't bare to imagine trying to date someone or impress a future partner with all these extra pounds. i disgust me so i can't see how anyone else would find it a turn-on.