Maintainance means more food????

Options
2»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This will make MFP scream that I'll gain weight, but who cares.

:laugh: yep! MFP hollers at me all the time & sometimes it undermines my confidence. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who ignores it :blushing:
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    About 2700 cals. I spent most of my cut on 2000 cals, now reversing and up to 2300. Few more weeks and I'll be at maint.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If I land at 160 for my ultimate goal weight and keep up with zumba three times a week, I'll be sitting at about 2100 calories! I am SO ****ING EXCITED.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    6ft, 168lbs, 44 years old, office worker, 2,450 calories. I eat back most of my exercise cals
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining .5 a week at 1970 plus any exercise calories I earn.
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    2000-2200, and everyday it's like less and less food, seems these days, the simplest meal fills nearly half it up, in the long term, maintenance isn't all that fun, as you may think.

sure...you have issues you know that...you should not be giving advice on maitenance.

To the OP 41 YO female, workouts are 3x a week weight lifting (Stronglifts), I walk 3-5x a week or bike one of those times...

I do have a desk job but still manage to get in close to 8k steps a day without my walks.

My maitenance is anywhere between 2k and 2200 depending on my activity.

I have been in maitenance for 13 weeks...it's been great esp for the summer. I have found that yes I do eat a bit more food but normally I choose higher calorie options...such as a Tbone steak instead of cross rib...and tonight we are having Chicken wings slow grilled on the BBQ instead of chicken breast.

For me, it's the middle of winter, I'm never felt so cold in life, gives me the urge to eat more, to burn more, in turn warm up more, I always feel warmer after a decent sized meal, but can't wait till summer comes again, Ill feel more in control where overeating can make you feel too hot, so can spread our my colorie limit to 6 small meals a day instead of the 2-3 I use today, then it will feel like a lot of food again...
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I think I put myself as lightly active and MFP had me around 1920 calories. I bumped it up manually to an even 2000. Then I usually eat back any exercise calories, which for me usually only ends up being walking.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    judging by my current diet and rate of weight loss somewhere between 3500 - 4000 calories a day lol.

I am a 6ft4 33 year old very active male though XD

I honestly don't know how i'm going to be able to eat that much healthy food. I mean yeah its easy enough with cake and ice cream but ..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    judging by my current diet and rate of weight loss somewhere between 3500 - 4000 calories a day lol.

I am a 6ft4 33 year old very active male though XD

I honestly don't know how i'm going to be able to eat that much healthy food. I mean yeah its easy enough with cake and ice cream but ..

I think you would be surprised at how easy it is to get in that many calories and be "healthy"

For example...full fat milk instead of skim, adding avocadoes to sandwiches, cooking with oils such as olive oil instead of pam.

Using real butter on your toast or bread (rolls etc) and on your veggies.

Last night I ate slow grilled chicken wings for the first time in about 6 months as I usually eat skinless chicken breast...still got my protien in but had a few extra calories in there.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It varies heavily but generally between 3000-3400.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    5'4 149 pounds, 52 years old. I am lightly active and my maintanance calories are around 1850.