Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• MrsShell17
    MrsShell17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello :-) I'm new on here as well (2 weeks strong!) and am also looking for some daily loggers with similar goals as mine. I'm 6ft tall, 185 and am looking to lose about 25 lbs then maintain and tone. I'm a foodie at heart so my goals are very much realistic according to my appetite and food faves...but I'm not afraid of a good cardio workout so according to my diary, it balances out at the end of the day. My main focus is an increase in potassium and iron, and a decrease in sodium....so far keeping track of it on MFP is actually helping me do that (I was a severe skeptic at first)!

Anyone who reads this, feel free to add me; I'm a daily logger with an open diary and am always looking to provide as well as receive motivation :-)
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on here every day. :)
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I really need some encouraging friends! I will do the same for you.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm active, new and enthusiastic, but I don't take myself too seriously either.
    Please feel free to add me, always good to make new friends.
  • live2run95
    live2run95 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Paige and on here daily and always positive! I always love making new positive friends on here, anyone can feel free to add me! :happy:
  • ghaleonhd
    Options
    hello i'm Jake. i am 23 years old. i am looking for positive people like myself. i do weight lifting, boxing, muy thai, and jogging now and then. planning on being on here daily. :)
  • deadlybeth
    deadlybeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm beth, I'm currently aiming to loose 30 ish lbs. I track everyday, I love making new friends on here it just makes the journey more enjoyable and easier so definitely friend me if your looking for friends :)
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Meagan!! I have been using MFP for a while. But I am always looking for new friends. Please feel free to add me. I still have about 60 pounds left to lose.
  • bas3dg0d
    bas3dg0d Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey 27 from washington DC here looking to maintain weight and stay active, need people to stay motivated to eat healthy and work out! I work in IT and enjoy motorcycles, outdoor trips and sic fi shows/movies.
  • Ammina93
    Options
    Hi,

I just started using my fitness pal again after originally joining in 2012 but want to get back on it it would be great to have a community of posts and inspirations to keep us encouraged

Im a happy positive person and love to cheer other people on

Please add :)
  • AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    sent you a FR Ammina93.

I made goal (within .2 lbs) and then thought I'd take a little time off.

80 pounds later, here i am. Back again. I'd love to have another happy positive person on my friends list.

Everyone feel free to add me too. I'm on daily and log, well - often.

When I eat something home made and can't tell actual calories I either guess or just don't log. Bad, I know

Cheers,

bob
  • halliesheck
    halliesheck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been off and on this ol' MFP for a little while but just recently discovered the glory that is actually having friends (on the site; in real life I have one or two, also glorious). I know my profile is all boring and empty but I'll be fixing that soon. I'm at the top-end of the healthy weight range, but am looking to cultivate a lifestyle that extends beyond my tracker. One day I want one of my class instructors to say "keep your cores engaged, everybody" and it won't just sound like, "divide by zero, ya'll!" I'm still trying to build lasting habits, to have my "light bulb" moment, and generally kick a** at ~the mental game~ which seems to be my ongoing obstacle. I like the word "accountability" as it relates to fitness partners, and I feel like the encouragement gained from being more social through MFP might be another piece to the puzzle. Plus I love me some one liners. So, if you're looking for extra co-cheerleading, advice-swapping, and overall fitness friendliness, please add me! (also, I went on a Facebook break, so I'm completely "like" deprived; totally validating, those thumbs) :glasses:
  • RainbowRaichu
    RainbowRaichu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE! I already posted a topic but might as well put one up here! I'm 26 and in the process of trying to lose weight yet again! It's nice to have other friends and their goals and daily food choices to catch up on...it motivates me! I'm trying to lose 40 pounds. I would like to lose more but I want to take it a step at a time.

I'm a cool person who is silly and will send you reassuring messages! I would love the same! And geeky people need to send me friend requests. Ah!
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love the support of this site and in my opinion, having great friends to cheer you on is key! I've also been surprised to findthat cheering on others brightens my day!!

Everyone can feel free to add me~ Best of luck, all!!
  • nicearbhaill
    Options
    hey ya

I am looking for more inspiration and motivation so please add me toooo
  • BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    Im always up for new friends!!! i love chattin with people daily and keepin people motivated and headin in the right direction :)

feel free to add :)
  • Tobelerone26
    Options
    I'm Amanda, a 23 year old postmaster from the Yoop. Have quit smoking and lost 20lb since last year at this time and joined MFP about 4 months ago. I log daily and would really like the support of some friends on here. It's tough going it alone!
  • charlotteeeyyy
    Options
    Hi :)I need help and motivation to lose weight again, I've done it before and can do it again!
    Will love to see everyone else's achievements as well, so please add me :)
  • OneDayAtATime64
    Options
    hi all..i have 100 lbs as my First goal, and will definitely be here for the long haul....anyone pls fee free to add me...new as of today!
  • amandar_1990
    amandar_1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Amanda. I'm new to the site, just joined on Monday, but already loving it. Feel free to add me, it's always better to know you're not alone in the weight loss struggle and to give and get words of encouragement. :)