Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• catcow888
    catcow888 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi lovelies!
    I'm Cat, 18, 5"7 and currently 189lbs. I'm looking to lose 40lbs all together, and would love to be friends with absolutely everyone! I love jogging and walking my dogs, as well as soups and fruit cakes. I'm also just starting out yoga, and hoping it will be a new obsession of mine!

Feel free to add me! x
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Emily, 29 and need to lose a little over 100 still and then will go from there. I log daily, I just hit 148 and would love more pals. I work nights, so as soon as midnight hits, I log for the day. My world revolves around my cat I'm hoping to be "un-benched" tomorrow from an injury. I'm going stir crazy not being able to do anything lol. I'm glad I've made this such a habit that I miss it haha.
    edit; grammar
  • Kakeslyn
    Kakeslyn Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, hoping to lose another 20 lbs. New friends always welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • katashaaa
    katashaaa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    heyy, im 23. hoping to lose another 15-20, feel free to add :)
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about the same. Let's be friends.
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 42, and am still relatively new (Day 1 was May 26, 2014). After 12 years and 3 kids, I am hoping to lose 35-40 lbs in total (goal weight is what I weighed at 30 yrs). I log daily, and am just *thinking* of starting to lift. Would love to have some friends on this journey! Please feel free to add :smile:
  • elr0ndo
    elr0ndo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sam, I am 20 and live in London. I am attempting to eat less calories and am looking for some accountability. Like someone on my feed who is setting a good example and will see if I slip up. Also a running partner, although I don't think theres many Brits in this thread. Anyway, add me if you want I suppose is what I'm saying here, and I'll do some adding of my own.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm 25, 6'0 131lbs. I'm a long distance runner and snowboarder. I just had my 2nd spine fusion (scoliosis) 7 weeks ago. So I wont be able to resume running until August. Lifting around October.
    Anyone here can feel free to add me.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    42 yrs old, diagnosed with Pre Diabetes. Have lost 27 pounds and have 30+ more to go. I log everyday and I am super honest when I log. Add me. I am eating at least six small meals a day, less processed, more natural foods. I have seem great changes in my mood, less pain in my joints. I love to walk and now I do Zumba and Boot camp. Incorporating some weights as well. Always doing research to understand diabetes more that way I can beat it.

Lets do this!!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    In for Part 3..happy to make new Friends feel free to add.
  • JoshBear92
    Options
    I'm 22 and hit 20st 2lb recently, I'm aiming to get down to around 14st in the next year or so. I started a week ago and have lost 5lbs! I've never really exercised much but I've been doing around an hour of walking each day and most days I cycle too. I used to eat pizza, chinese food, or McDonalds for every meal every day, and I feel worlds better for eating real food. I'm an avid cook, in fact there's chicken and potatoes in the slow cooker right now, so I find it therapeutic to cook really healthy and satisfying meals.

Looks like I'm one of the only British guys here! Hello ladies and gents!
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if youd like :)
  • moij0
    moij0 Posts: 87
    Options
    Im back once again.. back on the diet after time away on my own in the sun a few weeks, getting hammered and partying hard.

Back to reality.. i still need to loose weight and get fit! :P
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi! I could truly use some supportive friends! I'm trying to lose 30 lbs, but I'd gladly take 10 lbs right now. I used this site last Spring/ Summer and believe my progress was due to the amazing motivation I received from MFP friends. However, I lost many of those friends when a I took a hiatus.

If you'd like a supportive friend, please add me if you can return the support as well. Please don't add me if you just want someone to like/comment on your achievements and don't do the same for others.
  • ezeebeth
    ezeebeth Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am Liz, 27yo... starting my health journey today..... would need some good company to reach my goals.. Please add me.:drinker:
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in for friends, one can never have too many! I'm JT and I am 53, yes that is right 53 I lost 75 pounds and during my maintenance phase put 13 back on but now I am here to get ripped and get into even better shape.
  • WoodsieEarl88
    WoodsieEarl88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me, please. Looking for encouragement as I begin my weight loss journey!
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Heyy everyone add me up, i love helping people, and being helped lol, hope to hear from some of you!
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    19, Pakistani. I've reached my goal but i love MFP! Feel free to add