What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definitely mostly because I want to feel hot :)

Secondly because I like lifting weights and hiking and doing active things, and I want to be in good shape so I can do those things well.

Finally, because I want to find a good healthy weight and a healthy way of relating to food that I can maintain before I have kids. My mom had a horrible relationship with food and her weight when I was growing up (we're talking swings from 125 lbs to 200 lbs and back down again), so now I'm terrified of getting overweight and out of shape, because she was so miserable when she was big. I want to be in shape before I get pregnant, so I can get back in shape more easily afterwards, so my kids don't grow up with a skewed view of weight gain/loss and food from a mom who binges and then exercises manically afterwards.
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to be the "fat friend" anymore
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Because I loathe myself.
    I loathe myself because I'm generally deemed physically repulsive by the opposite sex.

I just want look better so that I'll be hated less and ergo finally win the right to like myself.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Many reasons

My sons father is deceased and I need to be healthy for him to harass him all his life.
    I want to feel beautiful.
    One day, I will be a grandma and I want to be able to be active with them.
  • PennyJB63
    PennyJB63 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't like how my belly looks during sex. My boyfriend is a wonderful man and loves me as is but it was driving me nuts. So it needs to go. I want to feel sexy for me too. Down 30 lbs so far,
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was fat and in pain all the time. I have 2 small kids and I was too big for all the rides that they were going to want to go on. I couldn't tell them no so I had to tell myself no. No to the super sized, no to the extra hot fudge and no to the soda. Next to having my kids best choice I have ever made.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Health! Dropping the BP and blood sugar is my starting goal.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am sick of being in pain. I have destroyed my legs and back and I am hoping once I lose weight I will feel better. Also I want to look normal for once in my life...
  • RunningMyPugandPapi
    RunningMyPugandPapi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    100% of my reason to lose weight is that my inner thighs rub together and when I sweat, it causes a very painful rash. And I live in Arizona, so this is frequent! Tired of wearing pants in the summer!

Otherwise I like being a curvy girl and even if I lose some weight, I would rather stay around a size 8/10, if possible (a size or two down from my current size, depending on the store).
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Like most people I just want to look good and look in the mirror and say damn I'm fine. lmao!! But also for health, I used to be super thin and very healthy with no problems but I gained tons of weight after have 2 kids close together and I ended up getting real bad asthma, bad knees, ankles and hips. Doing menial tasks would wind me like crazy and I got lazy cuz I just didn't have energy! ugh that sucked....But I'm a whole lot better with 35lbs gone :)
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Smaller clothes, confidence, health! :)
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    To not shudder when I look in the mirror. To fit into my clothes again that I used to wear. To have confidence again.
  • Fit4LifeFemme
    Fit4LifeFemme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!
  • princess7606
    princess7606 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just want my tummy gone to feel better about myself
  • Fit4LifeFemme
    Fit4LifeFemme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You've already lost the pounds that I need to lose.... VERY INSPIRING!!!
  • Tab122377
    Tab122377 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had to have my wedding rings cut off. and after few week finger still showed a dent so that was it.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Myself.. I'm tired of always obsessing about it or being insecure with how I look. I lost about 22 lbs so far this summer and it's amazing. I never want to gain it back. I also realized going to the gym is a lot more productive than emotionally eating. I like to call it rage run, rage lift, rage "____".

I did just look up how many calories are in a piece of pizza hut pepperoni pan. = 340... the f**k! haha. Additionally, I want to eat that pizza hut pizza and not worry about it!
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I should've added in my previous answer I'm a foolish nerd and I like to imagine that if there's ever a zombie/mutant-doge/alien invasion/lethal-cupcake-with-legs apocalypse, that I'll be able to outrun them all.
    I'll be the Rick of real life.
    Except a wee bit more sane.
    But I'll def have a garden. And if they mess with it I will pummel them all with my majestic bicep.
    imagejpg32.jpg
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Bikinis...
    Cute little things that my boobs will not fit into(when I get around 145-140 my boobs drop to a over flowing C, right now they're overflowing DD) You know how many cute things are made for 36 DD that isn't custom ordered? Very few... Even at Victoria's Secret... And even with the "fitting" assistance, it still doesn't fit.
    I want to live a long life. Losing weight is step two(I quit smoking Feb 1st)
    I want to set a good example for my daughter.
    I don't want to be just another lazy American..
    Have you see the obesity statistics?
  • JDearman143
    JDearman143 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was a newly single mother and overweight before I got pregnant and was MUCH more overweight after the baby of course and I wanted attention.. Guy attention.. And being the "fat girl", I wasn't getting any attention.. So, I started dieting and working my butt off to shred those pounds and inches! But, I met a guy who knew the "old me" and has been by my side during this wonderful journey so now I do it for ME! For my own happiness, security and health.. =)