What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's weird but when it was just vanity I couldn't seem to keep at it for very long. It became a lot easier for me when I started doing roller derby and I realized how slow I was. Now it's a combo of vanity, derby endurance and not having to buy plus sized clothes. Plus I now have fabulous blood pressure and cholesterol levels. :)
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It was a wake up call when I had to start taking blood pressure pills. Diabetes and strokes run in my family. I needed to become healthier. A secondary reason was that I couldn't recognize myself in photos. It was difficult seeing the progression of my "fatness".
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well, when I first lost weight it was because I was 18 and had never had a boyfriend but all my girlfriends and siblings did. Nor did I get asked to prom or homecoming. Also got rejected and humiliated by my massive crush. I chalked it all up to being I was too fat. I guess it proved true because I had no problem dating after weight loss. My massive crush even tried to convince me he liked me the whole time....ironic he only had the balls when I lost 50lbs :grumble:

Now that I've gained some of that back (but still not close to the size I was).... I'm down to like 2 pairs of jeans in my closet that fit, though there must be about a dozen others I'd love to wear again. Did I mention I HATE clothes shopping and REFUSE to buy more "fat pants"? Am I the only lady who hates clothes/shoe shopping?! Also I can't get too fat for my job.
  • cowgalsarah29
    cowgalsarah29 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Because I want to look hot!!

I have always been the 'fat' one and I want to change this for good.
  • infomancer
    infomancer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really, really, really don't want to have Alzheimer's disease in 30 years.

Realistically, the only risk factors I can control are getting to a healthy weight, being active in my mid-life (i.e., now) and eating a balanced diet.

So that's what I'll do.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,305 Member
    Options
    1. I got angry when I was handed a second diabetes Rx. NO more drugs.
    2. I want to have my brain all of my life so no more grains, get healthy and stay off meds.
    3. One of my brothers died last year at 53 from an accidental Rx overdose; I am 51 and even though I was already doing my 50,000 mile check-up, this made it a bigger priority.
    4. Because my weight gain, embarrassment and self-consciousness began at puberty, I want to do all of the things I never have been able.
    5. I want to experience being slender and fit for the rest of my life. I may be doing it backwards but everyone I knew had that as youngsters; I will look great when they don't, lol.

BTW, I no longer need diabetes meds after 12 years :laugh:
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I want to Love and RESPECT what I see in the mirror.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    To not die of heart disease and diabetes like my mom.
    To be strong and fit, and never move around like an old lady.
    Look good and hot in/or out of my clothes.
    Be around a long time to have fun with my daughter and new son in law.
  • EclecticSongbird
    EclecticSongbird Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to get pregnant, and I want a healthy pregnancy, and then I want to be a healthy mama! But I also want to just feel better!
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Because I see pictures of myself at age 8 weighing what some full sized, healthy adults do and it feels so unfair that I never even had a chance to be healthy or take pride in my body.

My goal weight is less than I weighed in grade 8, it just feels so wrong.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    to make my self look like the person my alter ego thinks i should look like .. you know that ideal vision in your head of what you looked like at your"best"
  • misterperversion
    misterperversion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Because it physically hurts to be fat.

And easier *kitten*.
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    To look good in my dance costumes!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    To look good naked and in my ridiculous collection of dresses. Also....health, yeah.
  • ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I reallllly want abs.
  • oneuglyduck
    Options
    I totally understand!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have lots of reasons now, but the main reason I started was simply that I hated being fat.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Two. First, I don't want to die at age 54 like my daddy did (54 is rapidly approaching). Second, I am done being suicidal, and being overweight is suicidal.
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have kids and am sick and in pain all the time. i cant do anything active with them without hurting myself or being physically unable to.
  • moniex1
    moniex1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Because when I'm 60, I still want to look 40