What you "CAN'T" eat anymore?

Options

Replies

• Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started making my own chai lattes at home. Less heartburn. Donuts are a thing of the past, they taste like a lump of sweet crisco. I am not eating as much cheese, I don't like how it feels. Hmmm.........canned soup tastes like a salt lick. On the other hand I wish soda would go away!!!!!
  • JTNanashi
    JTNanashi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Zips 2 piece Halibut would be my latest. The halibut is deep fried... I got through the meal fine, and then my stomach just couldn't last the next half hour without a trip to the bathroom! I've also discovered how tasteless a fast food burger can be, and fries at certain locations are too salty to eat. Nowadays I dump the rest of my soda or energy drink down the drain due to taste, followed, again, by a trip to the bathroom. Also, coffee has sort of lost it's magic touch, and I'll probably be switching to an alternative like tea, chai, or hot cocoa.

I'm glad it's the excess sugar, salt, and grease I'm growing out of rather than my healthier favorites. All worth it.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the tacos from Jack in the Box. I could 6 or 8 at a time. Tried one a few months ago and almost puked!!

That and white bread of any kind. I bake all the bread my family eats, only now it's whole wheat.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Kraft mac and cheese.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Almost all fast food joints. I still like McDonald's fries and ice cream cones from time to time, but their "burgers"...:sick: So nasty. They all taste the same to me , they don't ever fill me up for longer than 45 min, and they're always dry and rubbery.

Some others...

Top Ramen noodles
    Hershey's chocolate
    Chips Ahoy
    Cheetohs anything more than a handful makes me feel gross and dead inside
  • littleancientheart
    littleancientheart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread. There are a number of things I have lost the taste for over the years but I think lately it has been cheap chocolate - I used to be unable to control myself, I would just go through it (think like cheap no-brand Easter or Halloween candy). Now its like chewing on wax. I took a bite and threw the rest away.

I am certain I could still eat plenty (read: too much) of higher quality dark chocolate, if I wanted to.

Prepackaged cereal or granola bars and fruit on the bottom Greek yogurt have lost their charms for me as well. Both are a little too sweet…and cereal bars taste kind of…hollow? Do not know how to describe. Just not satisfying in any way. Probably better to go for a piece of expensive dark chocolate at that point, anyway!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Anything with a lot of fat in it, like greasy foods. I LOVE some fried chicken, and it still tastes good to me, but more than one small piece and I'll be on the toilet the rest of the evening. It's that way with a lot of fried foods now.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had three pieces of southern fried chicken last week, looking forward to it but was really disappointed afterwards..

I'm treating myself to a pork pie when I hit 80kg so that better be as good as I remember!.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Almost all fast food joints. I still like McDonald's fries and ice cream cones from time to time

Some others...

Top Ramen noodles
    Hershey's chocolate
    Chips Ahoy
    Cheetohs anything more than a handful makes me feel gross and dead inside

I purposely walk to McDonalds on my lunch hour for 170 calorie cone! :) Worth the 30 minute round trip. lol.

I could STILL eat ramen noodles every day...if they didn't make me feel so blah afterwards. Man...I miss ramen. lolol. Not worth the 400 calories. :(
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Kraft mac and cheese.

I know! YUCK!!! Why would someone waste calories on that crap when you can have velveta shells n cheese instead.
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I was in Jr. High my mom put us on a certain Magical Herbal program that severely reduced a lot of your intakes, but specifically sodium -- whenever I ate cheerios after going back on to 'regular' food, all I could taste was salt. Salty cheerios.

Ew.

I still can't eat them, I'm not sure if I'd still taste the sodium but I think I'm traumatized.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I can't eat anymore, but there are a few foods that I feel pretty meh about.

Some are:

Sugary candy like Twizzers, Gumdrops, Sour Patch Kids, & Swedish Fish
    Certain cookies like Chips Ahoy Birthday Frosting Filled & Oreos (minus the filling of course). Some I have liked recently are Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float & Chips Ahoy Dulce De Leche, Keebler's S'Mores cookies in Original & Peanut Butter, & Lotus European Biscoff cookies.
    Also some Tastykake & Hostess products.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    My stomach can't handle fast food or junk food. Every time I eat fast food (which isn't very often) or crave chips or high carb foods, it sends me straight to the bathroom. I did go to Famous Daves and ate some good food but it didn't cause this. I also cut soda out and now when I try and drink one I can barely drink half a can.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I ate at Krystal's over the weekend and felt soooo blech afterwards.
    (Similar to White Castle, but better.)
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have gone without soda for two years and each time I take a small sip my throat burns. It's awful.

I used to also eat Mc.Donald's everyday during my teen years and not long ago I tried some of my friends fries and couldn't handle it. They tasted like plastic. It almost made me sad. Mc.Donalds was my all time favorite place.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    There are none. I eat all the foods in moderation.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    There are none. I eat all the foods in moderation.

As do I. I've never told myself that I CAN'T have something.

There are just things that I can't bring myself to spend the calories on or that make me feel woozy when I do.
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Twister juices and and ice cream from ritas water ice... it's wayyyyy to sweet 4 me now
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    McDonald's cheeseburgers. I used to eat at least two a week, even kept eating at least one a week for a while since they're only 300 cal. But then I realized I could have a sandwich and fruit at home for the same # of calories and it was much more filling so I quit them. A year or two later, I get a craving and decide to grab one on my way to WalMart. I get halfway through my shopping and start feeling queezy and bowel clenching...

Ditto except it was double quarter pounders for me
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Twister juices and and ice cream from ritas water ice... it's wayyyyy to sweet 4 me now

Yes! Those are waaaaay to sweet for me now too!