I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• sharonnj398
    sharonnj398 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "My way is the ONLY thing that works! Everyone who doesn't do it exactly like I do will fail miserably!"

Mom? Is that you?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    OH MFP Forums...You promised me you would never change and I didn't believe you...But here we are and you kept your word
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less shouldn't aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

edited for type..."shouldn't" added..

Haha you are so beyond ignorant saying meds don't cause weight gain.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    "muscle weighs more than fat"
    How do you feel about "helium is lighter than air"?
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When people ask for "advice" (read:validation) on an unsustainable diet then call everyone mean and haters for giving them sensible advice.

This is a pet peeve of mine but I don't think it's specific to this website.

I don't think I have been here long enough to ***** about things that people say on the forum.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode irks me. I have a small stomach from surgery and am lucky if I eat 1200 calories a day. I could get 1200 if I ate the foods that got me into this mess but I have chosen to limit the cookies and crap I was eating. So it buggs me to see people say that 1200 isnt enough. For me it truly is enough...

Someone who's had a gastric surgery is rarely the type of person making those posts. My fiancee's mother had the sleeve and she's probably eating around 900 cals/day with 70 grams of protein/day. Those are her dietician's specific guidelines.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    When people say "I can't."
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with people on the whole "I can't reach 1200 calories!!" thing (for people who are losing weight - if you are recovering from anorexia that's different) - how did you get to be overweight then?! And also when people think "1200 isn't enough" (for most people) is to do with being full, rather than getting sufficient nutrition. I bet that most women on 1200 cal don't get enough iron in their diet.

edited to add qualifying statement.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with people on the whole "I can't reach 1200 calories!!" thing (for people who are losing weight - if you are recovering from anorexia that's different) - how did you get to be overweight then?! And also when people think "1200 isn't enough" (for most people) is to do with being full, rather than getting sufficient nutrition. I bet that most women on 1200 cal don't get enough iron in their diet.

edited to add qualifying statement.

I agree 100%
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    "Your body detoxes itself..."
  • superficialgloworm
    Options
    Hahahahahaha... I love all of these!!

I hate... PALEO!!!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    When people say "I can't."

You can say "I can't", just make sure to add "yet" to the end.
    "I can't run a mile...yet!"
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    "Is this a fitness site or a dating site"

I've never heard anyone ever say that on MFP until now!

new.gif
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Love him so much. I am sitting here watching the whole thing. Thx.
  • skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode irks me. I have a small stomach from surgery and am lucky if I eat 1200 calories a day. I could get 1200 if I ate the foods that got me into this mess but I have chosen to limit the cookies and crap I was eating. So it buggs me to see people say that 1200 isnt enough. For me it truly is enough...

enough for me too.

So I get really annoyed with all of you nagging about that eating 1200 calories is wrong.
    I don't complain that others eat 1800 or whatever, we all have to do what works for us so stop bashing the 1200 calorie peeps.
    Thank you :flowerforyou:

Edit: one post is sayhing women don't get enough iron on 1200, well there are some high quality supplements a person can take to ensure getting enough nutrition without the added calories. And of course if one is eating 1200 , it needs to be "good" food absolutely.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "I can't eat 1200 calories because I'm so full!"

"noobie" anything

"CICO"

"QFT"

link to sexypants immediately

take over threads debating advice and forgetting about the OP.
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anything involving the words "toxins" or "cleanse"....
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Anything involving the words "toxins" or "cleanse"....

QFT lolol
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don't hate but the number one thing that drives me nut is the blame game. It wasn't my boyfriend, Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny that made me overweight. It was a very bad, unstructured, uneducated, unhealthy lifestyle. The End!