What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Because I'm currently unable to have children and I'm pretty sure if I could break the 200 pound mark the chances would really go up.
    Having 5 ruptured discs in my spine is a motivator too, losing weight helps only a slight bit with pain but better than nothing.
    I don't want to be like my mom. Adding more to that, she recently go diagnosed with diabetes and she doesn't control herself (adding to that my dads ENTIRE and I mean every single person still living has diabetes, if there was every a person to get it.. it's probably me) - fyi my blood sugars are perfect ;)
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    Cause I'd love to live to see 40... and sex. That's it. haha
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was very fit before and now became a couch potato, lost all my drive. I want to get my drive and passion for life back.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I was entering a figure skating competition and wanted to look good and feel good in my dresses. I did and I skated even better than I did way back when.
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I want to lose my chubby cheeks and even out my figure (most of my weight gain has gone to my stomach/arms/chest)
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    #1 Health
    #2 I want to FEEL skinny (Enough people tell me I am, and it always makes me feel awkward cause I always feel like a 'chubster')
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Honest? To look hot. :D
  • ALittleHazey
    Options
    I'm glad im not alone in my vanity, all you hear is "You have to lose weight for YOU, not other people"

If im being perfectly honest, if women were into the whole obese neckbeard look, my razor and weights would both be on the curb come garbage day.....i think i hate razor burn more than working out....
  • KyleBonsorPT
    Options
    Well here is my story:

When I was 9 years old my next door neighbours were all killed in a triple murder by their own son who was a paraniod schizophrenic. This lead to myself unknowingly suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) throughout my childhood and my way of coping with all this was eating. Day by day I would go home and I would raid the fridge when I got home and still eat what my parents gave me for dinner. I was highly active, participating in all the sports team even playing county standard for both Rugby Union and Rugby League but it was simple maths I was taking on more calories than I could expend and before I knew it I was 16years old and just under 23 1/2 stone (329lbs). I was so heavy I would be out of breath tying my shoelaces, walking up stairs even to the point were I would need to take breaks just on my short walk to school. This was no life for anybody let alone a 16year old kid.

Leading up to this point were years of bullying about my size and the more I was bullied the more I ate. After going to college and studying Sports Performance I began to educate myself on nutrition and exercise, a subject I loved. It was in college that I realised that I needed to change and that I was determined to not let an obese childhood develop into obese adulthood. I sought counselling for my PTSD and began to fight my way back to life with every pound I lost. I went to university to study sports science and the more knowledge I gained the more science I applied to my body the more weigh I lost. This was an education to save my life rather than simply career development.

Mid way through university people could see how much weight I was losing and wondered how I was doing it, so I decided to further my skills and become a personal trainer so that I could help others in their journey and thus Bonza Fitness was born!

Right now I have been graduated just over a year and business is going great, I am the head coach of the most successful Rugby league team Exeter has ever had and more importantly I have lost 137lbs and I am just 14lbs off my target of 80kg!

Now to the question: what is my honest reason for losing weight?

I do it for myself first and foremost.
    I do it because it needed to be done.
    I do it to prove that it can be done.
    I do it because others said it couldn't be done.

You only get one shot at life, don't waste time being the person you don't want to be

Kyle Bonsor PT BSc
    Personal Trainer & Motivational Speaker
  • jojoangl
    Options
    Health and losing baby weight. I put on 40lbs while preggo and it needs to go. I am also active duty military and need to get back within weight standards (career depends on it).
  • Chrysalisobel
    Chrysalisobel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    #1 HEALTH & CHALLENGING MYSELF
    I've had back and feet pain the first time I was at my heaviest weight. I've lost weight, gained weight again - was a tad heavier than my last (heaviest) weight. But surprise surprise, no physical pain.. only fatigue and the constant need to sleep. My body's adapted to that heavy weight. So yeah, I don't want my body to adapt to THAT.

#2 CONFIDENCE
    I don't want to feel and look older (in a bad way) than I should be. In my culture, as courtesy, most people address you as 'akak' ('older sister') if you're older than them and 'puan' ('mrs') if you're married.. I've often been called both by strangers. Not much of a courtesy anymore ey?

#3 BADARSE
    If I was that fat girl, I'd be the fat girl that could KICK YOUR *kitten* - unless you kick mine first, of course.
  • solaceowl
    solaceowl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I agree with you because my mom died, but being overweight was one of the reasons she passed away. So I'm doing so I can live longer myself.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    To prove women wrong and to finally feel attractive regardless of what they keep telling me to the contrary.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To stop sleep apnea
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    well for the longest time it was just to get back to the weight i was 2 years ago and get into my favourite jeans. that's still true but i have a new reason now too...so that when i run into my ex and his new girlfriend, which is bound to happen eventually, i won't look like a bloated pig. childish, i know, but true.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Deeep down it is because I want to look sexy like OMG sexy, I want to wear a bikini for the first time and be like 'damn' and ... oh yeah I wanna be healthy lol
  • Aruba08
    Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    because I look lumpy in clothes
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    because i dont want to be a big fat ugly cow anymore i also want hubby to be attracted and my kids not to be ashamed to be out with me as they get older
  • lemonsnlove
    Options
    For the love of leather and lace!
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1- After a couple debilitating injuries I knew I would hurt less if I weighed less. I gained because it hurt like hell to exercise. I suffered a bad fall off a 12 ft ladder and snapped my ankle and shattered my shin. Basically had to be screwed and welded back together. Then I dislocated the knee on my opposite leg in a fall and then fell again and shipped my knee cap. Let's just say my knee is screwed slap up.

2-My general health will improve if I lose. I have type 2 diabetes due to PCOS which was undiagnosed for most my life. Along with that I have screwed up cholesterol. My bad cholesterol is finally down to normal, but my good cholesterol is too low.

3- Last but not least I want to look good and feel good to.

I have lost nearly 50 pounds. My sugar was controlled at my last check up 2 weeks ago for the first time in years. My A1C was 5.9. I have went down over 4 sizes in my jeans. I can actually sit down on the floor and get back up without someone helping me get back up. My legs still hurt me badly but not like they used to. I feel it mostly now when I work out.

I got about 25 pounds to go to reach my goal, and then I might just set another one :)