All Male fully clothed yoga

Options

Replies

• vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I will not go to yoga ever again. Went with my parents, my father who use to be a former marathon runner (wears really short running shorts) and doing some stretches behind him was just bad news...
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    *gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn*
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess as a woman, I was too stupid to read instructions and I opened this thread.

Now I'm commenting in it. I must be REALLY stupid.

So glad I had someone to tell me so. :wink:

I would be interested to hear your point to this thread if you would like to comment.

I was being sarcastic based on what some other posters had said in their comments.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think If I saw any ad for Yoga that felt it needed to include "Fully Clothed" in the description I'd be leery. My assumption is always that you wear clothes to yoga, so specifically mentioning that would be kind of creepy. Sort of like saying "Yoga, taught by Non-Rapist".

Always a bonus in a yoga teacher...

Oh. Sorry if that's what your ad says. I'm sure it doesn't come off as creepy at all in your ad. I'd probably stop there though - the additional "...seriously, definitely not a registered sex-offender" may be a bit over the top. Methinks he doth protest too much.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    As long as there are some decent packages
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think the 'fun & games' forum would've been a more appropriate place for this thread, if it's not about fitness. And apparently I'm not the only one who didn't get that it's not. :tongue:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Are we still talking about an all male, fully clothed yoga class taught by a (non-rapist) monk?

Because things seem to have gone downhill since I was last here...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's because some people didn't realise "all male" meant only men allowed to comment.

Some people (like me) thought it was the name of the class ie "all male fully clothed yoga". As in yoga just for men. And that the op was just looking for general options.

Some nice person bumped his thread with a comment and got whined at.

:huh:
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I will not go to yoga ever again. Went with my parents, my father who use to be a former marathon runner (wears really short running shorts) and doing some stretches behind him was just bad news...
    And this is why the monk runs a fully clothed gig
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance of this thread getting back to a serious debate with something valuable to be gained from a collective of thinking and sharing of ideals and opinions - or shall I just go now?

Ok - I'll get my coat ...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's not gay unless you look at each other in the eyes!

It's only weird if you make it weird.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are we still talking about an all male, fully clothed yoga class taught by a (probably non-rapist and also totally not a sex offender) monk?

Because things seem to have gone downhill since I was last here...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Someone is being visited by TOM....
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Is there any chance of this thread getting back to a serious debate with something valuable to be gained from a collective of thinking and sharing of ideals and opinions - or shall I just go now?

Hahahahahahahaha! Oh you.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Hahahahahahahaha! Oh you.

:bigsmile: :wink:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Someone is being visited by TOM....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that came into this thread and wondered how yoga turned into a TOM type thread :laugh:
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Topic #1,456 that proves no power on the planet will stop a woman from giving her opinion.
    Sorry. The fact that this was supposed to be locker room humor went totally over my head. You bet I would've left it alone if I'd 'gotten it'. :laugh:

Pesky women and their opinions.

When a guy asks other men if they would take a males only yoga class...yeah. Your input is not needed.

Just like if a woman asked other women about taking females only classes I wouldn't have the nerve to think I should pop in and tell women how they're supposed to feel. Sexism works both ways.
    Lol, as if MFP forums are restricted to "needed" comments only.

I've seen plenty of men posting in threads created by a woman, specifically asking other women questions like "what's the best bra for busty ladies" or "what workouts do you do when it's TOM?" - so... works both ways... Just because input isn't needed or asked for definitely doesn't mean people will actually keep their input to themselves. However, I do agree - if it's a "men's only" class, in this hypothetical situation, then women's opinions aren't really relevant, because they wouldn't be able to go to the class anyway.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i hope this gets a wierd spin off thread
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Note to self: When a profile pic is 'selfie with tp roll and bare pelvis', let the post scroll off unaddressed and just go to bed. :laugh:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This is what the world needs more of, women being given instructions of when they can and can't comment.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: