Beware: Peanut Butter

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Your title is confusing me OP. Why do we have to beware of PB? :huh:

Cause you can't stop at one serving....
    no way, no how:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I usually eat more than 1 serving. I must be doing this all wrong. :sad:

I think I only stop when the jar is empty.

Well, if you do, just realize that if you end up with some stomach issues, that doesn't automatically mean you are intolerant. It means you ate a whole jar of peanut butter. :laugh:

pffftt....
    I scoff at stomach issues.....

****then go to bed doubled up in pain and discomfort.
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    You can find all natural 100% peanuts or just blend your own if you're too fussy and you don't need to add water. just remember making your own will cost you twice as much.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member

This is why I buy the jif to go packs - instant portion control. It is not the healthy peanut butter. I tried the healthy stuff, and frankly, there are some things I am willing to give up - but my sugar and salt laden peanut butter is not one of them.

Agreed!

I like Jif's Natural PB but I just got some PB2 (the regular and chocolate kind) and going to give that a go. Don't expect it to be anything as good as real peanut butter, but real peanut butter triggers my migraines sometimes. I'm hoping with PB2 I can have more peanut butter-like stuff without the risk.

If eating peanut butter triggered headaches for me, I think I'd have to grind up an excedrin migraine in the PB and just keep eating it.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I must be the only person that doesn't like PB2. :ohwell:
    I LOVE peanut butter!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

That is why :) If you LOVE peanut butter, a powdery version just won't do.

Good point! LOL
  • Raynne413
    I eat Skippy Natural because it's the best darned tasting peanut butter I've ever had.

But it probably isn't what you're looking for.

(And I also don't like PB2.)

Yay! Was beginning to think I was abnormal. Well . . . I am, but at least not over this!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member

This is why I buy the jif to go packs - instant portion control. It is not the healthy peanut butter. I tried the healthy stuff, and frankly, there are some things I am willing to give up - but my sugar and salt laden peanut butter is not one of them.

Agreed!

I like Jif's Natural PB but I just got some PB2 (the regular and chocolate kind) and going to give that a go. Don't expect it to be anything as good as real peanut butter, but real peanut butter triggers my migraines sometimes. I'm hoping with PB2 I can have more peanut butter-like stuff without the risk.

If eating peanut butter triggered headaches for me, I think I'd have to grind up an excedrin migraine in the PB and just keep eating it.

THIS
  • jasonmh630
    I personally buy Jif Natural creamy or crunchy. Skippy PB is almost too salty for me.
  • Raynne413
    I must be the only person that doesn't like PB2. :ohwell:

I love the Smuckers Organic or All Natural, but the Target and Kroger brand all-natural versions are also really good. I LOVE peanut butter!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

You're not. I think it's disgusting. It's like eating chalk paste.

I don't hate it, but it is NOT replacement for peanut butter. I'd use it in smoothies to add flavor if I purchased again, but I would rather add a spoon of real actual peanut butter. I did last night and really 1 T of real PB made me "ice cream shake" super.
    I use chocolate PB in my smoothies so I bought the chocolate PB2 to save some calories, figuring it was just flavoring, anyway.

My smoothie was inedible.

I will take it :laugh: :laugh:

Put in extra protein first plz.
    You're welcome to it. I used about a tablespoon and still have the entire container. It's expensive so I'm having a hard time tossing it. lol

But I don't think you live near me. :-)

A jar??? I have almost an entire case sitting unused. Darn Amazon!!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    a few grocery stores (Whole Foods for example) allow you to grind your own peanut and almond butter in the store.

The Fry's (Krogers) in my town has that available, too. Along with the more well known 'healthy' shops like Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Agreed!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish that would work! :laugh:
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Will happily take it off your hands! (And pay for shipping)
  • jasonmh630
    a few grocery stores (Whole Foods for example) allow you to grind your own peanut and almond butter in the store.

The Fry's (Krogers) in my town has that available, too. Along with the more well known 'healthy' shops like Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc.

Kind of off subject, but the company I work for is about to start Mechanical work for a couple of Sprouts markets here in Alabama. I had never heard of them until we were awarded these two jobs.
  • Raynne413

Sure! I can bring it to work tomorrow and see how much shipping would be, if you want to send me your address! I'll let you know how many jars I have (I think I gave a few away).
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    You can find all natural 100% peanuts or just blend your own if you're too fussy and you don't need to add water. just remember making your own will cost you twice as much.

and after you make it and you have all that peanut butter stuck in the bottom of the blender that you can't get out, you can make a chocolate/peanut butter milkshake then clean up is real easy...... :drinker:
  • MityMax96

Thumb wrestle you for it. :laugh: :laugh:
  • nickimeade
    nickimeade Posts: 5 Member
    We buy Teddy - it's just peanuts and salt. It's also reasonably priced. When I'm at a store that offers the fresh ground, I buy that. Keep it in the fridge. It tastes better and keeps fresher longer. Be sure to read the labels of whatever you buy because I've found that more and more name brands are trying to get into the "natural" game and label their product as such only to see they still add sugar.

I love peanut butter and keep to the 2 tbls serving size. It's great protein. If you decide to grind your own, don't add water. Just grind. Use a magic bullet to get the best grind.
    :wink:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I'm addicted to Once Again's Creamy Omega-3 peanut butter, which consists of peanuts and flax oil. It's probably one of my all-time favorites. I get that whenever I can. Second to that, I enjoy Krema creamy peanut butter (and they're local to me, and I like to support local small businesses).

If I want something more "traditional" like I grew up on, cheaper, or looking for a particular taste or texture, I go for the "Natural Jif" peanut butter. I don't buy this very often, though, because the added sugar reaches that "sugar-salt-fat" triad threshold that makes it crack for me (the other peanut butters I mentioned don't have this effect on me), and I'm liable to eat it by jar.
  • Raynne413

Thumb wrestle you for it. :laugh: :laugh:

Now, now, don't fight. I could split it between the two of you!!
  • MityMax96
    How many ya got?
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Somebody at the office had "Better'n Peanut Butter" the other day and it tasted pretty good to me. It has a bunch of ingredients so it's probably not the best choice but it was about have the calories and protein of regular Jiff. PB2 is good if you gotta have a pb fix with only a little room left to stay at a deficit.